Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche working on "Pajun" baby Panamera?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-11, 09:54 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Porsche working on "Pajun" baby Panamera?

REALLY???! lol

Porsche working on "Pajun" baby Panamera?

Remember taking your SATs? They were filled with reasoning questions like this one: Cajun is to Cayenne as ___ is to Panamera. Give up? The answer, according to the latest reports from Germany, is "Pajun."

That's the tentative name rounding the rumormill in connection to a potential baby brother to the Porsche Panamera. Just as the automaker is developing a Cayenne Junior dubbed Cajun, so too could a Panamera Junior be in the cards.

There doesn't appear to be much detail in the reports beyond speculation, but the reasoning strikes us as sound enough. If the Boxster and Cayman have proven successful underneath the 911, and the business model for the Cajun has been approved to slot in below the Cayenne, why not follow the same path with a smaller Panamera?

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/24/p...baby-panamera/
Old 03-24-11, 10:03 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not so convinced that this will actually happen. The current Panamera is slotted in between the 5 series/E class and the 7 series/S class in terms of size. To be a direct competitor to the 5/E it would need such a minute decrease in size that it doesn't make sense. It's bigger than the mid-size sedan segment, but has no more rear seat room and one less seat. It's smaller than the full size segment, but has significantly less rear seat room.

The seats and interior are fantastic in the Pana and are head and shoulders above the 5/A6/E and 7/A8/S, imo.

In addition to the interior, it is also the best handling, best performing car in either segment. I think that was Porsche's intent from the outset and why I find a slightly smaller version far fetched. They are grabbing those in the mid-size segment that are willing to make the slight jump up in price and performance, but also satisfying those in the full size segment that don't need or want a massive car and that value performance/handling more strongly.
Old 03-24-11, 10:08 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think pajun is a Korean seafood pancake.

Pajan in Spanish is "they **********."

Either or, the word just won't do.