Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus VIP evet at CEC in West LA (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-11, 02:43 AM
AndyZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus VIP evet at CEC in West LA (Video)

It's been a while since I've posted here but I've been apart from my precious IS-F project for a long long time so I couldn't give any updates about it or contribute anything Lexus-relevant for a while.

However that changed a bit. A few nights ago I was invited out to CEC in West LA for what they refered to as a "Lexus VIP" event.

So what was it about? Well the CEO of CEC Claus Ettensberger made the announcement that he would be working with Lexus to create exterior and interior styling products for the Lexus LFA.

They had a yellow LFA on hand for the event parked in the showroom (I think it might be the same car that was on the cover of DuPont).

I know this doesn't mean that much to most of you since there will only be like 100 or so LFA's in the states but Claus also said CEC would also produce parts for other Lexus models as well. I'm guessing the IS since an IS was also at the event.

Here is the video of his announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ceYyY_PtTE

Last edited by AndyZ; 01-30-11 at 02:51 AM.
Old 01-30-11, 03:44 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Note Claus mentioned that the CEC edition LFAs will be based on the Nürburgring Edition. We'd heard that CEC would be working on the LFA, but this is the first I heard they would be the special Nürburgring units. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

I don't intend on making any modifications to my LFA, but I'd love to see what CEC comes up with for future F models and Lexus products in general. I met Claus at SEMA where the then-Pearl Gray LFA was on display, and he's a real car enthusiast. Glad Lexus is getting involved with aftermarket companies, especially quality ones... there's definitely a lack of stuff out there for Lexus owners compared to competitors.
Old 01-30-11, 07:53 PM
LexFather

Yeah, CEC's site is here
http://www.cecwheels.com/

Old 01-31-11, 03:05 PM
AndyZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Note Claus mentioned that the CEC edition LFAs will be based on the Nürburgring Edition. We'd heard that CEC would be working on the LFA, but this is the first I heard they would be the special Nürburgring units. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

I don't intend on making any modifications to my LFA, but I'd love to see what CEC comes up with for future F models and Lexus products in general. I met Claus at SEMA where the then-Pearl Gray LFA was on display, and he's a real car enthusiast. Glad Lexus is getting involved with aftermarket companies, especially quality ones... there's definitely a lack of stuff out there for Lexus owners compared to competitors.
You have a LFA? I want to be YOU when I grow up!