Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Gordon Ramsey buys his second Ducati...

Old 08-23-10, 04:45 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Gordon Ramsey buys his second Ducati...

His first is the 200hp Desmosidici.

This one is his 65hp Monster 696.

Easyrider Gordon Ramsay takes Ducati motorbike for a test spin
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:10 PM on 23rd August 2010

Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has gone from Hell's Kitchen to Hell Rider after being spotted test riding a new motorbike to add to his growing collection.

The foul-mouthed chef took a Ducati Monster 1100 out for a spin in Los Angeles, telling locals he's thinking of buying the bike. (Incorrect! The bike he's test-riding is a Monster 696 because it doesn't have a single-sided swingarm!!)

The $10,000 motor would add to his $62,000 rare Ducati Desmosedici that he only rides on a racetrack due to its super high speed.

Gordon has a life-long love of motorbikes and grew up scrambling in the fields near his Stratford-upon-Avon home and says he loves getting away from it all.

'Biking gives me a sense of freedom and escape,' he said in a recent interview.

'I've done in excess of 195mph on a track. Never on a road. When I'm in my leathers and helmet, I feel completely free and in charge of my world.'

'It's good for your mental state when everything else is pressure and demands. There's no phone, no BlackBerry, no food critic on the back seat. You're away.'

The Kitchen Nightmares star took then took the bike shopping to pick up a six-pack of beer.

He also popped into a local jewelery store and came out with a large bag - maybe a present to keep wife Tana happy if he was going to splash out on the new bike.

Ramsay's new show Masterchef is proving to be another hit for the Scot with great ratings since debuting earlier this month.

This show is said to show a softer and gentler side to the star who is known for his F-bomb rants at contestants.

Gordon's is rumoured to be opening up an English pub with mate David Beckham called The Queen Vic in Los Angeles, named after Becks' wife Victoria.

^^^

Helmet's good.

But no jacket, pants, gloves? And a huge *** bag is not safe to carry with your throttle hand...
Old 08-23-10, 05:39 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

still *** tho,,,
Old 08-23-10, 05:43 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He uses that motorcycle like it's some kind of Vespa scooter.
Old 08-23-10, 07:01 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
'I've done in excess of 195mph on a track. Never on a road. When I'm in my leathers and helmet, I feel completely free and in charge of my world.'
Maybe if he was more "free and in charge" of his own restaurants he wouldn't be in such a bad spot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...staurants.html

Ramsay's new show Masterchef is proving to be another hit for the Scot with great ratings since debuting earlier this month.

This show is said to show a softer and gentler side to the star who is known for his F-bomb rants at contestants.
His new show is excellent. Joe Bastianich makes Ramsay look like the proverbial nice guy...lol. What a douche.