Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Stolen car by force

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-10, 11:10 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats some crazy story.
Old 08-11-10, 11:12 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TexxIS
Craigslist is so sketchy, but its such a good source when you need it! Sorry that happened to you man. Hope your car's ok.
why blame craigslist. doesnt have to be craigslist. something like that can happen on any test drive selling from anywhere (local newspaper, autotrader, etc
Old 08-11-10, 11:21 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 986ci's
I was car jacked today in N Texas (Dallas) by a Craigslist test drive, cops asked me not to go into detail but I was by force and did have injury, its a 2007 White TL type S, graphite wheels and LL BF4-B129 TX any info call cops, miss a sticky would be great. Can't upload images but if someone can from my FB or something that would be great.
Now i'm out for blood, the guy that took it owns a mechanic shop and we had some bad blood between us, he made up a work order and used that to repo the car, I've had to provide proof the car wasn't at his shop and evidently it wasn't enough to satisfy the detective so the detective set it for a magistrate hearing which could take up to 3-4 months. In the mean time i'm paying my loan and my car is sitting in impound and now I'm with out a car.
Now i'm out for blood, the guy that took it owns a mechanic shop and we had some bad blood between us, he made up a work order and used that to repo the car, I've had to provide proof the car wasn't at his shop and evidently it wasn't enough to satisfy the detective so the detective set it for a magistrate hearing which could take up to 3-4 months. In the mean time i'm paying my loan and my car is sitting in impound and now I'm with out a car.
How does the mechanic shop repo the car? Is he the lien holder? Do you make your payments to him? That doesn't make sense, just provide proof who the lien holder is to the cops.

Car was recovered, now at the Dallas Police Impound being processed. A couple suspects should have arrest warrants by the end of the day. btw it was a Dallas Shop that was responsible. Thats all I can say till the investigation is closed and arrest are made.
I did, was forced out and as I was exiting he pealed off hitting me with the door frame, the car wasn't worth my life.
I guess I don't understand. So the guy that carjacked you is the same guy that owns the mechanic shop and there is "bad blood" between you? You didn't recognize him? Or did he hire someone to take the car?

Why is there bad blood? Did he perform work not payed for?

Old 08-11-10, 11:48 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

I guess what he meant was...
"The owner of the chop shop MADE UP a work order that this car owner wanted to have his car fixed/chopped/modded at his shop and did not pay so the owner of the shop "holds" the car there. The is NO stealing if that is true"
Old 08-11-10, 12:48 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Wait a repo man carjacked u? wow
Old 08-11-10, 02:08 PM
986ci's
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No the lien holder is my credit union, the shop owner hired someone to "steal" my car. The criminal charges and everything else are on hold till the magistrate hearing. The owner of the shop has never worked on the car and its never been in the shop before. Basically a really screwed up deal which puts me in a really bad position.
Old 08-11-10, 02:15 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

dude this is some effed up stuff... get the news station involved to exploit the business? best of luck and keep us posted as much as you legally can.
Old 08-11-10, 02:35 PM
acheparev
Driver

If it was from Craigslist, You should have emails or maybe even phone records to prove it. Bring that up to the cops.

You should get an attorney, you will probably have to sue the shop owner for the time they are holding your car for lost work or to have to get a replacement car.
Old 08-11-10, 03:53 PM
Turbinator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
he could be doing open carry which is still legal in CA if done right.. dunno for how long tho since the dam democrat/liberals are trying to get this action banned.
You are right about open carry, but the limitations are such that it would be logistically difficult to pull this off smoothly.

Show up - go to the trunk - pull out your item - holster up, unloaded - "Wait sir, I'm not done, lemme finish gearing up before we do our exchange for these Wiggles CD's" - put mags in mag pouches - make sure none of your clothing is concealing the handgun - then proceed with your transaction in a public place.

While I agree the desire for preparedness, somehow I don't think this guy is OC'ing to his Craigslist sale meeting.

Turby
Old 08-11-10, 06:02 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How are you suppose to provide proof that the car wasn't at his shop, that's ridiculous. Does he not have security cameras there? You can possibly ask to see the tapes of said "invoice date" etc. I hope all goes well with you, you should definitely file assault charges and possibly sue him for damages, go the legal way, it works better than fists and guns.
Old 08-11-10, 07:24 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So he made up a work order, said you didn't pay and that put a lien on your vehicle because the amount was huge....

If you have never been to the shop, how did he get the license plate, your name, address, phone or VIN on the work order as well as your signature? Wouldn't that what he would use as proof you were in the shop?
Old 08-11-10, 09:02 PM
BradInPhx
Rookie

Originally Posted by Turbinator
You are right about open carry, but the limitations are such that it would be logistically difficult to pull this off smoothly.

Show up - go to the trunk - pull out your item - holster up, unloaded - "Wait sir, I'm not done, lemme finish gearing up before we do our exchange for these Wiggles CD's" - put mags in mag pouches - make sure none of your clothing is concealing the handgun - then proceed with your transaction in a public place.

While I agree the desire for preparedness, somehow I don't think this guy is OC'ing to his Craigslist sale meeting.

Turby

Why Cali Gun Laws Suck.. In AZ its like the Wild Wild West! Concealed all the time
Old 08-11-10, 09:11 PM
LexFather

986ci's you need to do one of two things;

1. Either come completely clean and apologize for egging members on
2. Apologize this isn't the truth

It's been a while since I've been on here but figured I'd touch base and all, 2 months ago I moved down to Austin and love it. I decided to sell the TL type S and move onto other things, in which brought me to look at a 2009 Audi S5 and the A5. I still pop into Dallas ofte so will come out to meets when I can. Finally I close on my house next week and can't freaking wait, for those who are curious my eBay id for the Acura is 120601760825
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...n-a-while.html

So I go to your ebay link and it says the TL was sold?

The original item has sold for US $18,100.01.
A TL you thought was AWD? All TLs before 2009 were FWD.

http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/sho....php?p=1800137

Your FB link for pics

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...1251&ref=album

Seems you posted the same B.S story here and they locked it and BANNED you as they are pretty convinced you are lying about your story

http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/sho...t=91395&page=2

You post this
The car is financed by my credit union which is in good standing, I did business with a shady business and they stole the car under aggressive circumstances, which Dallas PD is still pursuing. The car at this point is still considered stolen. Yes I know the people involved and have the whole conversations recorded telling me not to contact my credit union Monday and let him claim the car putting a lot of money in my pocket. so Bumpie make sure you tell the whole side that you work for a theif
They ban you for being caught lying. You lied about being car jacked. Seems your Acura TL got repod

http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/sho...07&postcount=6

Well at the time I was just in it as a BVA, but last Sat went and paid cash for it so title in hand offcially mine
Found a pic of the car you said was AWD.

Is this your house or fake as well?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...rs-market.html

Just finalized things on the house and barely have been in it for a week, so just starting to enjoy it.

for locals this is in the Frankford preston area
And some of you wonder why I don't take most Acura/Honda guys serious

Old 08-11-10, 09:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Think we've seen enough here. Move along folks.