Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Formula One returns!! (update track layout pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-10, 11:00 PM
hughh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LiL4X: NASCAR never had a permanent venue in Texas until just a few years ago when Texas Motor Speedway came to Dallas. >>>

Bite cher tongue...geez, TMS is just north of Foat Woth, don't cha know?
Old 09-01-10, 01:37 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/01/a...gets-laid-out/

Old 09-01-10, 08:07 PM
LexFather

Love it!!! Was going to post this, thanks!

Old 09-01-10, 08:34 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Just saw this today as well... Love the elevation changes. Can't wait for the tickets to go on sale.
Old 09-02-10, 01:12 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3/4 mile straight 200+ mph down there, a flat-out 'quadruple apex', lots of over 45 degree turns, looks to be pretty decent. Outbraking into the turns from the long straights will be good for passing. The esses are meant to be like Silverstone, and the quad-apex Turkey. the long back straight with a slight curve like Hungaoring. So the best parts of current Tilke tracks. But this place looks different. I hope it's good racing, it looks to be so.
Old 11-15-10, 10:05 AM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Bump:

Austin F1 Fans...Important Zoning and Platting Meeting coming up...Your emails and/or attendance are greatly appreciated!!Please help me get as many people on this as possible...

Thanks in advance, guys!

Tim

To all Supporters of Formula 1,

Please show your support for the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix (tm) this Tuesday, November 16:

(1) By emailing the Zoning and Platting Commission members at the addresses below before Tuesday. Be sure to sign your name:

I'd like to take this opportunity to note that all proceedings with the City of Austin have been mutually amicable. The City has been working in good faith to help the developers move the project along and stay on schedule. Please let your emails reflect that by sending a positive, friendly message for F1, it's teams, it's sponsors, and most importantly it's fans.

bbaker5@austin.rr.com
sbald@sbcglobal.net
gbourgeois@jonescarter.com
trabago@austin.rr.com
prseeger@austin.rr.com
crbanks@hotmail.com
donna.zap@gmail.com

Below is one possible draft email that you may copy and paste or simply use as a framework for your own original email. Feel free to edit as you see fit.

Dear Zoning and Platting Commissioners:

As a strong advocate for bringing Formula 1 racing to Austin, Texas, I urge you to approve item #4 on the agenda for November 16 (the cut and fill variance along with the slope variance for the United States Grand Prix site). City staff and the Environmental Board have recommended these two variances for the project. The variance requests are consistent with past requests made throughout Austin. In addition, this project will serve as a catalyst that has long been needed in the City of Austin’s Desired Development Zone.

Supporting these variances will bring this project a step closer to becoming a reality. I am eager for the arrival of Formula 1 in Austin, Texas, and urge you to support these matters.

Sincerely,

Supporter of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix (tm) in Austin, Texas
Also, pass this along by email or other appropriate message boards to your friends who are interested. I already have people in Russia and Latvia sending emails to the commission showing their support for this project. When they get these emails from all over the world, it should make a bit of an impression of what a truly global event the USGP is going to be!!

(2) If you're in Austin, Texas, by attending the Zoning & Platting Commission meeting on Tuesday, November 16 at 6:00pm.

We need your support for Formula 1 in Austin. Please attend this meeting and help us show Austin we support approval for the Formula 1 project. Just showing up provides great support and is very meaningful.

The meeting will be held in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 301 W. 2nd Street. ...Please plan to arrive by 5:45 in order to sign up in favor of item #4. You may also sign up to speak in favor of the item at this time. Garage parking tickets can be validated inside City Hall.

See you there!
http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php...1&#msg_2596191

I did my part. You should too!

Last edited by Phamboogie; 11-15-10 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-15-10, 11:02 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Can't wait. It's only a 3 hour drive from me!

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?
Old 11-15-10, 11:27 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a few SoCal'ers ready to drive a convoy to Texas.

Bring it on!
Old 11-15-10, 01:26 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Well, it may not happen given the zoning issues.