ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Infiniti Performance Line (IPL) is coming this year (priced) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/503643-infiniti-performance-line-ipl-is-coming-this-year-priced.html)

Hoovey689 05-24-10 07:34 PM

Infiniti Performance Line (IPL) is coming this year (priced)

Infiniti Performance Line (IPL) is coming this year

Hot on the heels of the recent revelation that Infiniti is working on a duo of new G-based vehicles slated to debut at this year's Pebble Beach extravaganza, we've come across a trademark filing by Nissan North America for "IPL." What's IPL you ask? Infiniti Performance Line, a new catalog of in-house developed upgrades which – according to the filing – will include everything from air filters to cat-back exhaust systems, and – more intriguingly – "automotive engine parts, namely turbochargers and superchargers."

The approach is likely to be similar to how NISMO develops and markets parts for Nissan or, more accurately, Lexus' launch of its F-Sport performance line.

This new line of performance parts will likely be unveiled this August in Pebble Beach and be fitted to the G37 coupe. How extensive the modifications are remains to be seen, but as previously reported, one of the models set to debut will be "performance oriented," and if forced induction is part of the package, we're anxiously awaiting our rendezvous with the modded coupe this summer.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/24/i...ing-this-year/

Initial B 05-24-10 09:17 PM

nice, can't wait to see what they're bringing to the table

TXSTYLE 05-24-10 09:48 PM

That's Hott... Bout time! And hey, might as well. Look at the success of AMG and //M

There is always gonna be a market for Performance + Luxury

MR_F1 05-24-10 09:59 PM

Dare I say, Lexus better get their **** together.

Blackraven 05-24-10 10:52 PM

There is always gonna be a market for Performance+Luxury.
Agreed

I guess it's common knowledge nowadays that the premium/high-end auto segment is not only reserved for the likes of 60 year olds & billionaire retirees

With that said, combining Sport/Performance and Luxury/Prestige together is what makes the premium/high-end auto segment even better IMHO :D

So I agree, more of these is a win for me :)

Hoovey689 05-24-10 11:56 PM

Hey Acura, your turn.

Oh wait you need to have a V8, RWD, and be this tall to roll with these boys LOL (yeah I did :D:p)

rsantiago 05-25-10 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Blackraven (Post 5515214)
Agreed

I guess it's common knowledge nowadays that the premium/high-end auto segment is not only reserved for the likes of 60 year olds & billionaire retirees

With that said, combining Sport/Performance and Luxury/Prestige together is what makes the premium/high-end auto segment even better IMHO :D

So I agree, more of these is a win for me :)

That's true for stateside folks but in (PI) Pinas the luxury/performance is reserved for the big boys (old timers with serious money or government connected *wink*

plex 05-25-10 04:56 AM

Great news.........

DASHOCKER 05-25-10 05:37 AM

Infiniti is on the move! Their line up of vehicles have the proven chassis for higher performance endeavors.. I am looking foward to what they are bringing to market..

LexFather 05-25-10 06:36 AM

Good move to follow after Lexus F-Sport. I hope they have a driving event for enthusiasts soon.

MPLexus301 05-25-10 06:44 AM

FWIW the rumored new M model will NOT be a coupe :(. Infiniti shot that rumor down yesterday but I am too lazy to find the topic and bump it.

As far as IPL...I hope they don't plan to call it that. "M56 IPL" doesn't really have that ring to it.

IMO this is probably the baby step that will lead to true M/F/AMG fighters in the next generation of G and M. Introducing the parts to gauge interest and reception, then introducing full-on production cars next time around.

Just my .02.

GS69 05-25-10 06:51 AM

Article if it Helps

Originally Posted by MPLexus301 (Post 5515645)
FWIW the rumored new M model will NOT be a coupe :(. Infiniti shot that rumor down yesterday but I am too lazy to find the topic and bump it.

Last week, there had been talk that a new sketch from Infiniti, which featured brush-stroked vehicle outlines, indicated that the carmaker will be launching a two-door version of its new 2011 M sedan.

However, Infiniti denied this, saying that the sketch is a preview of some models that will be introduced at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance this year. In fact, an Infiniti spokesperson gave a statement that the idea of an M coupe is “so far off the charts.” The tease that came out during the official drive program for the 2011 QX sport utility, shows 2 “product extensions.” 1 has the design of a “volume-oriented” luxury vehicle while the other is a “performance-oriented” offering. A source said that the sketch previews the G sedan and coupe. Already, fans are excited about seeing a four-cylinder G model and a G37 version that could rival the Lexus’ IS F-Sport range.

(Cj) 05-25-10 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 5515320)
Hey Acura, your turn.

Oh wait you need to have a V8, RWD, and be this tall to roll with these boys LOL (yeah I did :D:p)

Well Acura was technically first to "high performance" with their Type S range of FWD cars.

It's debatable if Type S was ever taken seriously though. :p

LexFather 05-25-10 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by (Cj) (Post 5515737)
Well Acura was technically first to "high performance" with their Type S range of FWD cars.

It's debatable if Type S was ever taken seriously though. :p

lol, not sure if serious? :D Acura never sold stand alone parts like F-sport or what might be this IPL. The Type-S and A-spec were packages I believe like the old L-tuned packages. I figure the current INfiniti red badge "S" models are similar to a Type-S or A-spec package.

Allen K 05-25-10 07:53 AM

Great news, but like some others, I hope they give it a catcher acronym.