Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Thread: Infiniti QX56 (now QX80)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-10, 08:58 PM
MikeSC4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll take this over the generic looking lx. has more flare and looks much sportier
Old 03-28-10, 09:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MikeSC4
i'll take this over the generic looking lx. has more flare and looks much sportier
Yeah that's the ticket, a 200inch, 6100 lbs SUV that "looks"sporty. Its like putting Rosie Odonell in basketball shorts and a top and saying "hey she looks like an NBA player".

It has more than flare, it looks like a bling fest.

Old 03-28-10, 09:26 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yeah that's the ticket, a 200inch, 6100 lbs SUV that "looks"sporty. Its like putting Rosie Odonell in basketball shorts and a top and saying "hey she looks like an NBA player".

It has more than flare, it looks like a bling fest.
Not sure how this looks like a bling fest aside from the terrible, terrible vents?
Old 03-28-10, 09:31 PM
LOL!
Lead Lap

The exterior is absolutely disgusting. Gross.

Interior is much better.
Old 03-28-10, 09:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i don't feel any sportiness in it at all? if i want sportiness i would have gone with cayenne anyway

and what's up with those side grilles...
Old 03-28-10, 09:45 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It's the Japanese ugly bling Escalade. The interior is just like the Patrol with badge swaps and the volvo weird wood wheel. INterior looks great though.

The exterior is awful. In the spy pics I thought it would turn out fine but they tried to blend curves with a box. The fender vents are pep boys ghetto tacky.

It also weighs over 6000 lbs. Ridiculous.

Outside the G37 coupe the styling is awful to me. 3 SUVs and 2 cars what a lineup.

There will go great with it

Agree 101%, especially about the stick-on portholes. They look ridiculously tacky.
Old 03-28-10, 11:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Absolute fail. The hard-edge, straight-angled A-pilars throw off the entire design. They belong on the boxy SUV's like the Kia Soul, Scion xB, and outdated 1996 Chevy S-10 Blazer. The rest of the body is curved and swoopy and doesn't match this retro feature one bit. If they rounded out these pilars, it would have greatly helped.
Old 03-28-10, 11:35 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

fire the designers. Why did they keep the whale face from the previous generation? just for heritage?

of course, you can always get it in black, and black everything out so you can't see it.

shrink the grille and raise the lights, makes it look more presentable.

Old 03-28-10, 11:39 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

dunnojack, u worked magic on that photoshop!

it looks so much better afterwards
nissan shouldve hired u
Old 03-29-10, 12:16 AM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

looks excellent in and out.. much MUCH better looking than the LX exterior. Good job, Infiniti!
Old 03-29-10, 12:34 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I've been a huge Infiniti fan but their new styling especially on the Suv's (ehhhh WTH?) Are they trying to imitate the looks of a hump back whale?!
Old 03-29-10, 01:05 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

ill stick to my lX
Old 03-29-10, 01:33 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Outstanding job to Nissan on designing a well thought out Patrol/QX. Nissan has done the correct thing by canceling the USA designed and built QX model in favor for better design. I am glad Nissan is bring a Patrol based vehicle to North America.

A number of important things.
1. The thing weighs 6000lbs so it is built like a tank.
2. Its good to see Nissan put an Independent Rear Suspension on this thing. Lets hope Lexus does the right thing next, I mean even KIA has an IRS on a body on frame vehicle
3. Interior is OUTSTANDING..doesn't look cost cut like the mild cost cutting in the LX
4. A better presence than the LX570 (LX570 is really good though)
5. 400+ hp.

Way to go Nissan....a job well done.
Old 03-29-10, 03:10 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

they tired too hard to make it sporty (like FX/EX)... but that doesn't fare well for the size of the car. they should just keep it a truck design, it's working for Caddy's and Range Rovers...
Old 03-29-10, 05:56 AM
LexFather

Let us all remember ANYTHING was better than the last QX, which was a horrific GM style quality rebadge vehicle. Moving it to the Patrol was a great move for it. The QX has now been Pathfinder, Titan/Armanda and now Patrol based.

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
I've been a huge Infiniti fan but their new styling especially on the Suv's (ehhhh WTH?) Are they trying to imitate the looks of a hump back whale?!
Yes they are.

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Outstanding job to Nissan on designing a well thought out Patrol/QX. Nissan has done the correct thing by canceling the USA designed and built QX model in favor for better design. I am glad Nissan is bring a Patrol based vehicle to North America.

A number of important things.
1. The thing weighs 6000lbs so it is built like a tank.
2. Its good to see Nissan put an Independent Rear Suspension on this thing. Lets hope Lexus does the right thing next, I mean even KIA has an IRS on a body on frame vehicle
3. Interior is OUTSTANDING..doesn't look cost cut like the mild cost cutting in the LX
4. A better presence than the LX570 (LX570 is really good though)
5. 400+ hp.

Way to go Nissan....a job well done.
1 Quit while you are ahead. How does weight= built like a tank? Amazing that you find 6,000 lbs acceptable. That is ridiculous.
2. The LX/Land Cruiser are THE go to off-road vehicles worldwide. There is a reason it doesn't have IRS. Try again.
3. Interior is fantastic and unlike Lexus a complete rebadge. They didn't even try to make it different. Your cost cutting jab is ridiculous, the LX interior is fantastic.

4. Have you seen it in person?
5. Very good hp rating.

Not even sure why the LX is being brought up. The LX starts at 75k and hits 85k loaded and is a much more limited production vehicle.

I doubt the MSRP for this is close to the LX .

Quick Reply: Official Thread: Infiniti QX56 (now QX80)