Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Second Favorite Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 09:43 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

I've really come to like the ES line, particularly the 3rd gen after driving mine for the past few months, so that would be my favorite. But honestly, I would have loved to have had a 2nd Gen LS or GS430, but both were difficult to find with low miles and in good condition, and I was willing to drive a distance to find one. I think those are some of the finest models Lexus has ever produced, and thus tie as my second favorites.
Old 03-04-10, 09:43 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first is a white LS460L, and then White LX570!
Old 03-04-10, 11:45 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first: LX570
second: RX450h
Old 03-05-10, 10:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't currently own a Lexus, but had an IS300 for almost 5 years. Looking back, though, if I had to do it over again, I (probably), at the time, would have bought an RX.

If Lexus WOULD do a version of the AWD Toyota Venza (especially with smaller wheels than those ridiculous 19/20" stock ones on the Venza), it would probably be either my favorite or second-favorite Lexus today.
Old 03-05-10, 10:04 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

LS460 would be my second favorite Lexus.
Old 03-05-10, 10:41 AM
JKN2000
Pit Crew

My first fav is the LS460L
2nd Fav is the LFA..
Realistic 2nd Fav GS460
Old 03-05-10, 10:48 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

2nd fav? ES350 *affordable and a true lexus ride, compared to my modded IS, thou i'd start modding the ES and mess up that ride too *
Old 03-05-10, 12:21 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IS-F!

But I love the LX too.
Old 03-05-10, 03:26 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I don't currently own a Lexus, but had an IS300 for almost 5 years. Looking back, though, if I had to do it over again, I (probably), at the time, would have bought an RX.

If Lexus WOULD do a version of the AWD Toyota Venza (especially with smaller wheels than those ridiculous 19/20" stock ones on the Venza), it would probably be either my favorite or second-favorite Lexus today.
I was really feeling your post until you ruined it by calling the wheels ridiculous. Most of us, especially around here, happen to like large wheels.
I don't say this to be offensive but you are one of the most judgemental people I have ever encountered.

BTW, I also like the Venza. If I had one I'd put 21's on it. Ridiculous and proud.
Old 03-05-10, 04:37 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite is IS350.
My second favorite is LS460.
Old 03-05-10, 07:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ice350
I was really feeling your post until you ruined it by calling the wheels ridiculous. Most of us, especially around here, happen to like large wheels.
Fine. If we didn't have different opinions, there wouldn't be a CAR CHAT.

I don't say this to be offensive but you are one of the most judgemental people I have ever encountered.
Your opinion noted, but I disagree. I have long disliked overly-large wheels and low-profile tires, but there are a number of reasons for that....I don't just say that out of thin air.

Of course, there's probably no car that can satisfy each potential customer, or prospective buyer, 100% of the time. That's why, when we shop for a car and choose, it sometimes boils down to the lesser of several evils.

And, if you check out my reviews, I try be pretty even-handed in my evaluations. Each vehicle I review has a long list of BOTH Positives and Negatives....more so, I might add, than in much of the regular automotive press.

BTW, I also like the Venza. If I had one I'd put 21's on it. Ridiculous and proud.
Fine. Put anything you want on it that's legal. That's your choice. That doesn't mean I will share the same opinion.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-05-10 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-05-10, 08:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Fine. If we didn't have different opinions, there wouldn't be a CAR CHAT.

Your opinion noted, but I disagree. I have long disliked overly-large wheels and low-profile tires, but there are a number of reasons for that....I don't just say that out of thin air.

Of course, there's probably no car that can satisfy each potential customer, or prospective buyer, 100% of the time. That's why, when we shop for a car and choose, it sometimes boils down to the lesser of several evils.

And, if you check out my reviews, I try be pretty even-handed in my evaluations. Each vehicle I review has a long list of BOTH Positives and Negatives....more so, I might add, than in much of the regular automotive press.

Fine. Put anything you want on it that's legal. That's your choice. That doesn't mean I will share the same opinion.
Last thing I'll say before getting back on track.

You don't have to like big wheels. It's calling them ridiculous I am not digging. It means you're calling whomever has them ridiculous as well.
Why not just say you like the Venza but would choose smaller wheels.
That's my point.

I keep looking at that Venza though. It has my eye.
Old 03-05-10, 08:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ice350
ridiculous as well.
Why not just say you like the Venza but would choose smaller wheels.
That's my point.
That's exactly what I said when I reviewed it. But, like you say, getting on topic, I would like it MORE if it also came in a Lexus version.
Old 03-05-10, 08:35 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

LS460 AWD is #1
GS300 AWD is #2
Old 03-06-10, 09:42 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I see we drifted yesterday into the usual off-topic rhetoric about the successful Venza's wheels/tires (which btw the tires aren't all that low profile), but at least we didn't digress into plastic bodied cheezy Saturns, vomit-inducing soft-riding sloppy handling outdated Buicks, etc., etc.

Back on topic, Marshmallo does point out some nice versions of luxury AWD Lexus models.

Quick Reply: Second Favorite Lexus?