Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MT First Drive: 2010 Nissan Patrol

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 01:09 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
A relatively moderate slope, and the wheel is already off the ground? This is proof that the wheel articulation is definitely limited due to the independent suspension.

Compare to:

Old 02-21-10, 01:40 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
OK, now that is impressive. Wifey and I need to get a larger vehicle-perhaps next year. But..................the Patrol? I guess I'm the only one that finds it to be an odd name.
It's also known as the Safari in other places.......but yeah.

In any case, this is a quantum leap over the previous model and it can definitely hold its ground in a market dominated by Land Cruisers

Old 02-21-10, 04:56 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

i like that land cruiser. I didnt like this new nissan at first, but seeing the action shots made it look more appealing
Old 02-21-10, 06:29 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
Looks like Infiniti is now the most reliable Japanese luxury brand, followed by Acura. I believe this is the first time Lexus has ranked 3rd in reliability when compared with Infiniti and Acura... interesting.
Good thing the QX will be built in Japan now. Infiniti shouldnt have a vehicle like the current QX bringing reliability down. All infiniti models will be built in japan
Old 02-21-10, 10:39 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

So how did this become an Infiniti bashing thread? This car, and those like them including the LX and Landcruiser, are obscene by nature to me personally but I just sense a lot of hate towards this vehicle here and for what reasons?
Old 02-21-10, 11:59 AM
R1R
Driver

Originally Posted by speedflex
So how did this become an Infiniti bashing thread? This car, and those like them including the LX and Landcruiser, are obscene by nature to me personally but I just sense a lot of hate towards this vehicle here and for what reasons?
I don't think anyone here is really bashing it. If the new QX does become the Japanese Escalade, I would think that Infiniti would be ecstatic, considering the Escalde is the best selling car in this class. The current QX sells alright, and this thing is like 100 times better, so it should do well. This class has obscene pointless vehicles, but some rich people like obscene pointless vehicles.
Old 02-21-10, 12:04 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speedflex
This car, and those like them including the LX and Landcruiser, are obscene by nature to me personally but I just sense a lot of hate towards this vehicle here and for what reasons?
Not obscene to me. I think the current Land Cruiser/Range Rover/LX are an amazing class of vehicles. Compared to the North American designs, the world designs are so much better. I really wish North American's would embrace these designs...people forget that the Land Cruiser starts at a higher MSRP than the Lexus flagship LS460. To me, the LX/RR/LC and Patrol represent the perfect vehicle. Adding the Patrol to this class is awesome, I also can't wait till Infiniti debuts the new QX
Old 02-21-10, 04:19 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pagemaster
You should agree with me all the time, lol...j/k...But yeah, before the LX, Toyota used to sell about 12k units a month back in the 80's and early 90's. At its peak, Toyota once sold 30k LX/LC, 15k each combined, of course this was before the Sequoia was born...I think a lot of people forget that the LC is sold in 150 countries in the world and the US/Mexico market is still pretty big even though it sells on 2000-3000 a year...some small countries sell maybe 30 a year.....of course middle east and Australia/Africa will always be bigger....I still believe that the Sequoia will disapear before America gets rid of the LC...IMO of course
I think Toyota should leave the LX & Sequoia in the NA market and just sell the LC everywhere else. I really think it is highly redundant to have both the LX and LC together in the states.
Old 02-21-10, 04:36 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As sad as it would be to lose the Land Cruiser name, you're definitely right.
Old 02-21-10, 06:17 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Offering the LC in North America is just icing on the cake for Toyota; it really doesn't matter that much.

The LX and Sequoia are actually gaining popularity in the Middle East, with the LX also gaining some popularity in Eastern Europe.
Old 02-21-10, 08:11 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I can only be honest, I find the Japanese offerings (LC, LX, Patrol) in this class to be lacking in the exterior design department.

However, like others, I am looking forward to the QX. The spy pics that we have seen do look promising. I'm happy to see another strong competitor in this class.