Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Unintended acceleration or angry customer?? Toyota truck owner flips out

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 12:18 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were the dealership, I would call the police and press criminal charges. It's just downright dangerous to think you can crash your car just because you're not happy.
Old 02-02-10, 12:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
If I were the dealership, I would call the police and press criminal charges.
Probably a waste of time. You and I both know it was (probably) deliberate, but, with all of the publicity given the sticking pedals lately, it will be hard to prove that to a randomly-chosen jury.....many people are naive when it comes to automotive matters, and don't really think for themselves.

The big question now, though, is who is going to pay for repairs to the dealership and (now) to a wrecked truck, if it is not totalled. Dealerships have insurance to cover such losses, but that insurance company may end up quarreling with the truck driver's insurance company over who is civilly (not necessarily criminally) at fault.
Old 02-02-10, 12:56 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can speculate endlessly about this crackpot, but maybe a followup story will be reported soon.