Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Unique & Modified Audi A5 Sportback in Ingolstadt.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 05:34 PM
LexFather

Exclamation Unique & Modified Audi A5 Sportback in Ingolstadt.

From VWVortex, finally a new sedan/hatch that doesn't look like a giant Hippo turd.

Originally Posted by George@Fourtitude

As mentioned, I'm was at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt today and have developed a bit of a process for each visit. Visits to official destinations such as the Museum Mobile are important, but just as important are the 'unofficial' sights to see. At the top of the 'unofficial' list must certainly be the unmarked impromptu parking in front of the Forum's Building A50. You see, this is where the board members park and there is almost always something interesting to see here. We've seen any number of cars owned by executive enthusiasts including Audi's boss Rupert Stadler and Development board member Michael ****.

Michael ****, perhaps unique amongst all current Audi AG board members, is most known for his special creations. **** is said to be the catalyst behind Audi's number of Worthersee concepts and we've witnessed his Gulf-liveried TTs first hand. So when a very unique-looking A5 Sportback rolled up to A50 as we stood there photographing a normal production S-line Sportback no doubt parked by one of his colleagues, we stood up and took notice.

Naturally, the car is de-badged. There's no external hint as to what's under the hood save the single round exhaust outlets. However, we didn't just see Mr. **** drive up to A50, we heard him as well. The car is a diesel and likely a 3.0 TDI.

This latest creation mixes several personalized design cues with what looks like an extensive show of Audi Accessories' line planned for the Sportback and at least one unique piece of hardware that we could spot.

Here's a rundown of what we've noticed on the car. Let us know if you see anything else.

Audi Accessories Body Kit for A5 Sportback - We've not seen any official info on the Audi Accessories lineup planned for the Sportback, but its existence is a foregone conclusion. Past cars of Michael ****'s, including the Gulf-livery second generation TT, have utilized many of the Accessories pieces. This car seems to continue in that vein.

If we're right, then the new accessories body enhancements for will include the lower chin extension (non S-line), rear valance (non S-line), side skirts and trunk spoiler.

New 20-Inch Wheel Design - We're guessing this is another piece from Audi Accessories. ****'s Sportback included this new 20-inch split spoke design painted in a dark titanium finish with polished surfaces.

Custom Touches - The theme on this A5 Sportback was black and white. Exterior mirrors and roof were painted gloss black. The grille was gloss black with a body-matched Ibiza White grille frame and foglight frames. Subtle elements such as the 'quattro' badge and wheel lock lug covers were painted in red.

Oddball Equipment - We've seen the camera sensor located down near the foglights before. It's the production piece used for Audi's distance-sensing cruise control system. But what's the piece built within the inner rearview mirror. It looks like a camera or radar. Other units we've seen mounted in this placement in the industry are used to sense obstructions in the path of the car or monitor painted lane lines. As far as we know, this isn't yet a production piece of kit.

We've shot a full gallery of photos of Michael ****'s new A5 Sportback and its many details. Check it out after the jump.

Full Story

My 2 cents

Wow, very impressed. Audi makes better looking BMWs than BMW Why get the A4 sedan? This looks TONS better, it isn't bland and has some usefulness. I don't like the black roof though....

Damn, I really like this! As in I would buy this. Fantastic and useful....OF COURSE AUDI WON'T SELL IT HERE

LOVE this angle!!

Old 09-09-09, 05:39 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot believe that those rims are OEM. SO HOT!
Old 09-09-09, 05:48 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

This is a seriously gorgeous car with amazing proportions in and out. Love it!
Old 09-09-09, 06:25 PM
LexFather

It is something isn't it....just lovely!

Old 09-09-09, 06:58 PM
lex-phil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want.

absolutely stunning. Audi, please sell this in NA.
Old 09-09-09, 07:35 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

beautiful. just beautiful
Old 09-09-09, 08:11 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Yes, yes, yes.
Old 09-09-09, 09:20 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, that is STUNNING. Lexus, PLEASE take notes on the styling.

This is BY FAR, the BEST looking hatch on the market today.

I love the black roof, and that rear spoiler/trunk lid is an awesome touch.

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but this looks even better IMHO than the A5/S5 !

Even though the car is not completely stock and is outfitted with a bunch of Audi Accessories, it still looks awesome!
Old 09-10-09, 05:50 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What a beautiful car.

I really like those wheels too.
Old 09-10-09, 11:39 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Very nice... Since seeing the S5 coupe models Audi is beginning to grow on me. As i expected audi has done it again with the 4 door sedan.. The lines and Aero dynamics just sceams elegance..

Nice pics..
Old 09-10-09, 12:03 PM
LexFather

I can't get enough of it!!!

Old 09-10-09, 12:08 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

The car won't look exactly like that from the factory, it's a little bit too good to be true, but even the stock model should look great even without the Audi Accessories.
Old 09-10-09, 01:41 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I fell in love with this Sportback model when it first debuted a couple months back. I absolutely love everything about it. This example is damn near perfection.

A freakin shame we wont get it in the states.
Old 09-10-09, 01:48 PM
extra10
Rookie

Looks good!
Old 09-10-09, 02:20 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

I don't understand......... shouldn't this be an A4 or A6? wtf?

Quick Reply: Unique & Modified Audi A5 Sportback in Ingolstadt.