Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi prices R8 V10 at less than $150,000

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-09, 04:43 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Trust me when I say you are wrong about that.
Yep, someone is going to choose a GTR over a murcielago lp 640 or a 430 Scuderia ,all of which have about the same 0-60 times (not that that matters, but that is what people seem to be judging cars on these days.) when they have the money to buy the latter two? Maybe as a joke?

And I still have to disagree with you, b/c usually people who buy these type of cars are looking for #1 the image, #2 really like performance cars #3 both image and performance. I still don't see where the GTR fits in this picture? Explain it to me...
Old 07-27-09, 05:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Yep, someone is going to choose a GTR over a murcielago lp 640 or a 430 Scuderia ,all of which have about the same 0-60 times (not that that matters, but that is what people seem to be judging cars on these days.) when they have the money to buy the latter two? Maybe as a joke?

And I still have to disagree with you, b/c usually people who buy these type of cars are looking for #1 the image, #2 really like performance cars #3 both image and performance. I still don't see where the GTR fits in this picture? Explain it to me...
agree... people i know who buys ferraris and lambos, they look at 911 turbo/gt3, or the r8. but they don't really give a damn about the gtr. not that they don't know what the car can do, but they don't care about owning it

dave, a lot of us know the kind of money you have, so i am sure you know what i mean
Old 07-27-09, 06:25 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
agree... people i know who buys ferraris and lambos, they look at 911 turbo/gt3, or the r8. but they don't really give a damn about the gtr. not that they don't know what the car can do, but they don't care about owning it

dave, a lot of us know the kind of money you have, so i am sure you know what i mean
I know what you mean, and I am not necessarily talking about me, as I am not the biggest sports car fan. (I like maybe one or two two seater cars)
Old 07-27-09, 09:08 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

i'm simply in love w/ this car.. heck i would even settle down for v8
Old 07-27-09, 10:01 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totally agree with u....i never cross shopped with the GTR when i got my car, the cars i looked at were 911 turbo, f430, and mansory amv8
Old 07-27-09, 10:31 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would still rather this ca and 50 grand in my pocket after the 30 k in mods to my GTR
last time i checked, there's more to a car than just its performance.
Old 07-28-09, 08:25 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The GTR and ZR1 are still far better values and will spank the V10 R8
Surely you are not comparing a Nissan to an Audi.
Old 07-28-09, 08:44 AM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GTR and ZR1 are still far better values and will spank the V10 R8
I agree with this.

I think ZR1 or a GTR are much better choices.

shoot for 150,000 you can buy two GTRs these days.
Old 07-28-09, 08:56 AM
Blackberry
Driver School Candidate

I think the R8 V10 is priced about right. I have seen a few R8s
and they do look good from certain angles, but in that price range there are a slew of other cars I would rather have.
Old 07-28-09, 10:23 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Jujharoo
shoot for 150,000 you can buy two GTRs these days.
You can also buy two Subrau WRX for the same price of one Lexus GS460, I still dont see your point, the R8 and the GTR are two difference class of cars.
Old 07-28-09, 10:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
You can also buy two Subrau WRX for the same price of one Lexus GS460, I still dont see your point, the R8 and the GTR are two difference class of cars.
amen. and a lot of ferraris and lambos are so overpriced for what they deliver too i guess?
Old 07-28-09, 11:29 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FKL
so what I could always take a civic si and try and call it an m3 after "dropping $20k into it" - fact is it will never be an M3.
WHAT?!

Old 07-28-09, 11:37 AM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by The G Man
How?

Just because of the price tag? If you let your ego drive you, you are bound to be doomed.

These cars are built for optimum performance, and in that class GTR out performs R8.
Old 07-28-09, 11:41 AM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
amen. and a lot of ferraris and lambos are so overpriced for what they deliver too i guess?
What do they deliver?
They are supposedly built for out of this world like performance. Even Ferrari or Lamborghini will tell you that they build cars to race, they claim thats how their companies were found and thats what they do best.

However, almost all buyers buy these cars to make a statement. So I suppose they deliver for they impress people like yourself?
Old 07-28-09, 12:14 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Please forgive me when I say this as I am absolutely not trying to come across as a *****, but those words are what someone who could not afford any of those cars. Ask anybody with the means to buy a car in the mid $100K to over $200K and see if they care about $50K in their pocket when buying a car that has prestige ,luxury, driving experience, performance and just plain all around wow factor...which the GTR does not have apart from performance.
Trust me when I say you are wrong about that.

I8ABMR,

Dave's right. I don't know any Ferrari owner who would even consider buying a GT-R instead, regardless of the performance numbers. Driving experience and prestige cannot be quantified in numbers. I suspect that you won't fully understand until you've driven both.

Quick Reply: Audi prices R8 V10 at less than $150,000