Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Some states cracking down on left-lane slowpokes

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 03:49 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J.P.
But when its my life it is MY matter.

I am not anti speeding, but we have a ton of idiots on the road.

Its everyone problem when I am going down southfield fwy and someone is doing 90 and cuts over 1 second too late and smokes the corner of someones car that WAS doing the speed limit and flips them over.

I move over when someone wants to go faster, that is fine, but it does not mean it's ok to roll 90 in a 70 either unless you can put it in writing you will only hurt yourself...........

Speaking of, we just had an idiot doing 70 in a 50 in Michigan, hit a tanker, blew it the F up and did $2 million in damage to a bridge.......
Yes driving like an idiot and smashing into tanker trucks at any speed legal or not is bad, agreed. But on the topic of lane discipline, somebody's guess as to what the correct illegal speed is should not be the basis for determining lane selection, which was the point.

Slower traffic should keep right.
Old 07-23-09, 04:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
But when its my life it is MY matter.

I am not anti speeding, but we have a ton of idiots on the road.

Its everyone problem when I am going down southfield fwy and someone is doing 90 and cuts over 1 second too late and smokes the corner of someones car that WAS doing the speed limit and flips them over.

I move over when someone wants to go faster, that is fine, but it does not mean it's ok to roll 90 in a 70 either unless you can put it in writing you will only hurt yourself...........

Speaking of, we just had an idiot doing 70 in a 50 in Michigan, hit a tanker, blew it the F up and did $2 million in damage to a bridge.......
you in the fast lane doing speed limit isn't helping the matter though. getting out of the way is the right defensive driving to avoid problems. you can always call 911 and report aggressive illegal driving. but definitely not by staying in the lane and take law into your own hands?
Old 07-23-09, 05:18 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<Sigh>

Democrats vs Republicans, Dogs vs Cats, Import vs. Domestic, Left-Lane Speeders vs Left-Lane Squatters (I fall into the 1st category, btw).

The debate will continue until the speed limit laws change.
Old 07-23-09, 05:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ntran18
This past July 4th heading back from NorCal on I5. I saw the most ridiculous driving behavior... This guy in a civic was following another car. The 2 didn't move right so I had to pass on the right. I decided to show my passengers how some people mindlessly camp on the left lane but will speed up if you try to pass them. So I come up along side the civic then I tap my gas. The guy in the civic taps his gas too, you can see the car lurch forward. I do it again, he taps his gas again too. I tap my gas 2 more times and he does it too, WTH??!! All the while, he's oblivious to me and keeps closing in on the car in front. He was less than a car length from the car in front when I stopped the demo and continue on my way.
Call me what you want but Honda drivers are the worst period, not sure who should be sent to Jupiter first Civic or Accord owners with no oxygen tanks.

This happened to me two days ago. I was on the highway and I rarely speed in the hybrid. I was today though and doing 80 plus in the fast lane. For the most part people are being polite and moving to the right even the ones I flick my lights on too.

A new Civic is in the fast lane seemingly doing 55 mph. I'm coming fast, flash lights the person doesn't get it, I turn them on and flash, no reaction. Finally this slow numbnut moves over to the right.

Do you know what this asshat does after I pass?

This asshat goes RIGHT BACK IN THE FAST LANE with NO SIGNAL right back at 55 MPH like its their right to be in the fast lane.

WHy the hell would u go BACK into the fast lane?

Old 07-23-09, 06:08 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by montgb
<Sigh>

Democrats vs Republicans, Dogs vs Cats, Import vs. Domestic, Left-Lane Speeders vs Left-Lane Squatters (I fall into the 1st category, btw).

Sorry as amusing as above is, I don't see the lane discipline issue to be the same as Dems/Republicans, cats/dogs, import/domestic.
Old 07-24-09, 09:34 AM
LexFather

MD State Police ticket motorist for going too slow.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/n....html

The funny thing was the news followed with a story about Maryland's $700M budget deficit. Now I understand.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/....html

Old 07-24-09, 10:17 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by montgb
<Sigh>
Around where I drive, it would probably difficult to enforce a keep right law. People move right as CHP approaches to let them pass then move right back left to blocking traffic. They'll have a hard time catching someone in the act.

I don't know about you all, but in my driving lately a few people are starting to get the message about keeping right; though still a LONG way to go. Mon - Thurs & late nights seems when there are drivers who are conscious of their driving. Once in a while, I do see a driver keep right after they see me do the same for a faster car. Most people's driving behavior is by imitation.
Old 07-24-09, 12:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ntran18
Around where I drive, it would probably difficult to enforce a keep right law. People move right as CHP approaches to let them pass then move right back left to blocking traffic. They'll have a hard time catching someone in the act.

I don't know about you all, but in my driving lately a few people are starting to get the message about keeping right; though still a LONG way to go. Mon - Thurs & late nights seems when there are drivers who are conscious of their driving. Once in a while, I do see a driver keep right after they see me do the same for a faster car. Most people's driving behavior is by imitation.
it depends on areas and such. in some areas quite a lot of people actually know how to drive. in some areas, people just determine to be an *** regardless