Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tell Me About Lexus "Perks"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-09, 10:15 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
if lexus provided 4 year 50000mi free maintenance, they would be the bestest in the world.

but right now, i say meh to lexus 'perks'.
For above, the salesman will gladly sell you such a service contract when you buy your car and all your maintenance will be "taken care of".

Most of these service related "perks" mentioned are things you actually pay for in increased costs.

Donuts/rental car/carwash is paid for by:
$150 you forked over for basically an oil change and tire rotation
or
$500 for a coolant and transmission fluid change.
The exception is if you're bringing your car in solely for warranty work where Lexus pays the bill.

That being said,
I think the online section for Lexus is a real perk to see your maintenance record and get free replacement owner's manuals.

The taste of lexus testdrive events were cool, but really that was open to anyone and no more are scheduled now due to the economy.
Old 07-02-09, 10:06 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The biggest perk for me is that the service department is honest and get's the work done right the first time. I actually know people who almost wish a repair on their car so they can go sit in a luxury waiting area half the day watching a big screen TV and sipping free lattes, not me!
Old 07-02-09, 02:05 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Among the other things people have posted, I got free parking and VIP passes to the Alicia Keys concert that Lexus sponsored last year. Free appetizers, and drinks before the concert.
Old 07-02-09, 02:38 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus can do those things since they charge an arm and leg for oil changes. I went in for my old IS350 and it was 160 for the 5k mile "SERVICE" and $100 bucks extra for the filter in the cabin. Turns out that costs them 18 bucks to buy and 82 to labor and replace it. I have since got rid of that car and have BMW with all service taken care of including brakes. That is nice even though it is pricey in the first place. I still have my RX350 but they charge too much for basic *****. Plus, I had a guy tell me that Lexus rotated my tires on my IS350. BS I say, they are directional tires so they can't do that. I called the service manager and got a free service out of them since he lied to me. Still didn't want to keep the car though.
Old 07-02-09, 03:36 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes. lexus has always had very expensive maintenance.

the mechanicals are just toyota. no reason it should be more expensive.

it's like insurance. we pay more. but when we step in doodoo, you'd better wipe it off our shoe. bish
Old 07-03-09, 03:29 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
The biggest perk for me is that the service department is honest and get's the work done right the first time. I actually know people who almost wish a repair on their car so they can go sit in a luxury waiting area half the day watching a big screen TV and sipping free lattes, not me!
Quoted for truth. My Lexus dealership treat me with respect and never questioned me. I had a BMW SA accuse me of modding my e46 m3 and was going to void my warranty unless I return it to stock. I was the original owner of my car and i never used a tune. The SA and the tech was positive that I did have a tune. I eventually went to the management who, instead of believing me, decided to blame it on me. I came back the next day with my buddy, also my lawyer, and I told the owner of that dealership that he was falsely accusing me of having a tune with no concrete evidence. I then brought it to another dealership who determined it was a technical glitch. I have since purchased two cars from that 2nd BMW dealership. BTW BMW NA is no help.

My Lexus dealership has treated me like a son since i first purchases and LS400 in '90.

Originally Posted by SilverBull
Lexus can do those things since they charge an arm and leg for oil changes. I went in for my old IS350 and it was 160 for the 5k mile "SERVICE" and $100 bucks extra for the filter in the cabin. Turns out that costs them 18 bucks to buy and 82 to labor and replace it. I have since got rid of that car and have BMW with all service taken care of including brakes. That is nice even though it is pricey in the first place. I still have my RX350 but they charge too much for basic *****. Plus, I had a guy tell me that Lexus rotated my tires on my IS350. BS I say, they are directional tires so they can't do that. I called the service manager and got a free service out of them since he lied to me. Still didn't want to keep the car though.
I have a nephew whose a finance manager at a BMW dealership. BMW maintenance pre 50,000 doesn't do very much. Its the post 50k (bleeding brake fluids...etc) where they rape the living **** out of you. That is why the extended maintenance for BMW is a must. And also because its a bmw extended warranty is a must as well.

Also I pay a premium at lexus so i dont have to worry about my HPFP.
Old 07-03-09, 03:33 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Also they let me, a 57 year old man, play their wii.
Old 07-03-09, 05:21 PM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They didnt ask me to refill the gas i used for loaners
Old 07-03-09, 09:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

te service department is truely amazing. They pay alot of attention to detail. I called to inquire about a set of sway bars recently. The serivice informed about a 20% off sale on the parts and told me to wait a week to save 100 dollars. when I call on the first day of the sale to order the parts he had already ordered the part for me and had it waiting for me so I could pick it up the first day of the sale.

Anything that you complain about they will address. They dont play games and they dont tell you that they " cant reproduce the problem". They are amazing. There may be better drivers cars than a Lexus, but there is NO service department that will take better care of you. Thats a fact
Old 07-03-09, 11:15 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Close to no perks from Lexus Canada...just a discount at 3 places in the whole country. Likewise, dealer service and perks are barely matching US dealers.
Old 07-04-09, 03:17 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bayridge Lexus in NYC will give you some perks alright..
Old 07-04-09, 06:21 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I ALWAYS get a Lexus loaner from the 2 dealerships I go to for maintainence, there are free gourmet coffee, hot chocolate, juices, massage chairs, but of course no free food that I heard some U.S. dealers are offering, ... and no golf course ...