Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So the new M3 styling has reaaaaallly grown on me

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 07:53 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
wow you know him? that's cool. seems like VRS released their hood this past weekend
Hey Henry, my friend was one of the first M3 owners out here and is sponsored by Vorsteiner, KW, and some other companies. It's his car you see in all the Vorsteiner ads.

He has a really nice NSX too. That's how I met him - he helped me install stuff on my car.
Old 04-14-09, 07:55 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

The current M3 is just OK to me, the front and rear bumpers ruin the lines of the car.

IMO the E46 M3 was PERFECT in terms of exterior looks.
Old 04-14-09, 09:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
What % of time do you drive it at 5500 rpm ?

BTW I think the convertible version of the current M3 is the best looking version of all current M3's, even with the top up, I like it more than the coupe, I do not like the way the roof line slopes down to the rear end of the coupe. The coupe should be lighter & handles marginally better I would assume ...
haha, 5500? more often that i expected. it's just so much more fun to drive this car at high rev. this is what the car is meant to be. at low rpm the car is fast but it's not that special and i figure it's not a car i am going to keep, might as well drive it the way it's supposed to be, when the gas is cheap

now we have gotten the car for a few months, my wife says it's the right call to get the convertible. she has gotten used to the rear, and she loves driving it top down

the coupe is indeed faster and handles better imho, at least i can feel it

Originally Posted by bagwell
I've warmed up to it as you've spec'd it - esp. in white.

BUT - not a fan of the motor - sure you get to say you have a V8 - you also get to say you have less torque than a 335 WHY ?????

19's ARE A MUST --
well, the reason is m3 is a high rev engine beast. you are supposed to keep it high rev and that's where it shines. it's kind of like asking why the s2000 has little tq, but it's a great car coz' if you keep it high rev, that car will go.

on the m3, below 4000rpm it's an ok car, nothing too special. but once it's over 5000rpm, it's something else (literally)

a few times already, i am just minding my business cruising at 75mph, around 3000rpm, 6th gear. someone tried to mess with me. i quickly put it into 4th, rev it high, and rest was history. 8000rpm redline is pretty sweet

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Hey Henry, my friend was one of the first M3 owners out here and is sponsored by Vorsteiner, KW, and some other companies. It's his car you see in all the Vorsteiner ads.

He has a really nice NSX too. That's how I met him - he helped me install stuff on my car.
yeah his car is everywhere, i see it on m3post all the time. very nice car, though the wheels aren't my cup of tea. please tell him a fellow m3 owner say nice car
Old 04-14-09, 10:58 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugliest car ever made to this date. esp white with 19 inches with carbonfiber roof. Cant stand them.
Old 04-14-09, 11:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by STIG
Ugliest car ever made to this date. esp white with 19 inches with carbonfiber roof. Cant stand them.

Got pics to share? Henry any new pics?

Old 04-14-09, 11:07 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Got pics to share? Henry any new pics?

A friend took this picture and my car was pretty dirty.

And I like this one too.

Old 04-14-09, 11:15 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I love this car It sounds even better in person. its a very clean 09 M3, the dude got all the mods done i think before it hit 2K

Old 04-15-09, 09:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lol STIG that's too funny

my new camera is coming in today (at home waiting now) so hopefully some pics of my STOCK m3 soon
Old 04-15-09, 01:12 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At first I was like "do not want" but now "I want"....I especially love it in white. You have to put the 19s on it, the 18s look ridiculous. Its no E46 but in its own way, it looks better than ever. RWD and V-8 to boot, I much prefer the coupe over the sedan.

Has anyone also changed opinion on the styling?
Although I have not driven the new M yet, I love the styling, just not the MSRP (lol). BMW always has some inspiring high end cars.
Old 04-15-09, 01:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Brian231
Although I have not driven the new M yet, I love the styling, just not the MSRP (lol). BMW always has some inspiring high end cars.
you don't pay msrp for cars anyway
Old 04-15-09, 01:47 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you don't pay msrp for cars anyway
Very true, but when it comes to specialty vehicles like the M3, BMW always pushes sticker the first 6 months and gets close to sticker for a year. Often times, they keep only a few on the lot to promote this practice.
Old 04-16-09, 03:59 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Brian231
Very true, but when it comes to specialty vehicles like the M3, BMW always pushes sticker the first 6 months and gets close to sticker for a year. Often times, they keep only a few on the lot to promote this practice.
They will take invoice in Milwaukee for an M3... just bring the $$$
Old 04-16-09, 07:55 AM
LexFather

Yeah M3/IS-F/C63 can all be easily bargained with as the 09s are here and some still have 08s!!!

I also love the white/red leather option on the M3 and that BMW continues to offer it (even on the regular 3).

Old 04-16-09, 10:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yeah M3/IS-F/C63 can all be easily bargained with as the 09s are here and some still have 08s!!!

I also love the white/red leather option on the M3 and that BMW continues to offer it (even on the regular 3).
yup, in today's economy deals are everywhere it's not even funny

when 09 m3 came out, deals were there right the way already. they didn't even dare to ask for msrp. i was offered close to invoice price right the way
Old 04-20-09, 08:28 PM
LexFather

Quick Reply: So the new M3 styling has reaaaaallly grown on me