Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota introduces the Sequoia in Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-09, 09:36 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota introduces the Sequoia in Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc

Toyota has officially introduced the Sequoia in Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc.

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Dis...9020333512.xml

DOHA: Toyota formally launched last night the all-new Sequoia developed as the first full-size city SUV with all the features of its performance and equipment that suits the needs of every user.

Dr Nasser Abdulghani Abdulghani, managing director of Abdullah Abdulgani and Bros, Co. WLL (AAB), told the media during the press conference, the Sequoia reliably carries on the Toyota tradition of exceptional quality such as body assembly and interior assembly precision.

Hundreds of residents mostly car aficionados including members of their families came to witness the unveiling of the new Sequoia at the showroom of Al Abdulghani Tower as they awe in wonder even to the basic features of the new SUV model.

This is good move by Toyota. Keep the Indiana plant running. The middle east Sequioa will feature upgraded air conditioning and better tires that preform in the middle east heat.

Sr5, limited and platinum will be offered with only one choice of engine. The 5.7

What is interesting is that this will be the first middle East Toyota SUV to feature the 5.7 iForce engine. Only the LX570 is offered with the 5.7 in the middle east.
Old 02-06-09, 10:10 AM
speed_Demo
Pole Position

Damn, that's a smart move. Shifting unwanted 5.7 to middle East where gasoline is cheap. The Big 3 need to do the same, send all those gas guzzle over there.
Old 02-06-09, 10:16 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speed_Demo
Damn, that's a smart move. Shifting unwanted 5.7 to middle East where gasoline is cheap. The Big 3 need to do the same, send all those gas guzzle over there.
I think the big three sell their Tahoe, Expeditions there. Also Nissan Armada is there as well I l believe.

Its also a great move to keep the jobs and the production facility moving in Indiana.

Also. In UAE. The Sequoia gets a 3year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 02-06-09, 10:33 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I think it will sell great there, i'm not from there, but with all the landcruisers they have, im sure this will sell just as well, if not better
Old 02-06-09, 12:45 PM
speed_Demo
Pole Position

Do you think their vehicle will last long? especially surrounded by sands?
Old 02-06-09, 06:20 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Nice move.
Old 02-06-09, 06:33 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I think they will, with the Touring companies in the middle east using Land Cruisers for rides over sand dunes : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...ml#post3567017

And if you look at the January sales thread, they buy lots of Land Cruisers in Australia too, where there are huge stretches of deserts.
Old 02-06-09, 06:52 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd93
I think it will sell great there, i'm not from there, but with all the landcruisers they have, im sure this will sell just as well, if not better
Sequoia will be a big hit in the middle east, really big! but trust me, nothing sells more than Land Cruisers.

I guess this will be the end of the Armada here.

Great pictures! btw Al-Futtaim (Toyota/Lexus dealership) is the only dealership in the UAE, they even own Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, Volvo, and Honda.
Old 02-06-09, 11:08 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

I think it will do well at first. The novelty and the 5.7 engine will be popular. After the first little while, it won't sell all that well. Toyota can't sell the Sequoia all that well in North America where it was designed for...I doubt the middle east will embrace it all that much more.

As for performing in the sands. It should do ok.. The USA Land Cruiser uses the a similar differentail from the Tundra. The 6 speed is from the Tundra and it is used in all over Africa and Middle east. IMO the Sequoia will last long. It likely won't perform very well in the sand. But we will find out.

Dumping the Sequioa in the middle east is a last ditch effort by Toyota to save the Sequoia line from extinction. I doubt it will survive. My guess is the next Sequioa is unibody like the Mercedes GL....we shall see
Old 02-07-09, 05:52 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

good stuff.

i wonder if it'll be a surprise hit lol
Old 02-07-09, 08:00 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Great pictures! btw Al-Futtaim (Toyota/Lexus dealership) is the only dealership in the UAE, they even own Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, Volvo, and Honda.
Thanks for the info, I finally got a reply on that question after months LOL ...
Old 02-08-09, 12:46 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

one more toy for them to play with. Gas is dirt cheap there so they can afford to push a huge V8 with the A/C on high constantly.
Old 02-08-09, 01:47 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this truck will do verywell here, its as big as a tahoe or yukon but it has toyota's credability behind it :P, I was actually looking for one when I was shoping for an SUV and found out that it was US only.....smart move toyota now I know what Im getting as my next SUV