Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

In this environment, THIS is how Nissan dealerships are winning customers????

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-09, 06:52 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down In this environment, THIS is how Nissan dealerships are winning customers????

Thought I'd share this (to me at least) unbelievable experience this morning:

After dropping kids off, swing by local Nissan dealership to see if new 370Z is in... go inside as first sales guy is coming in... he asks, " Can I help you?", I said "Yeah, are the new Zs in?". He says "No", I say, "Do you know when they're coming in?". He says, "Yeah".

He then proceeds to his desk, gets on his laptop and DOESN"T SAY ANOTHER WORD the remaining 15 minutes I'm checking out a 2008 350Z. Nothing, not even when the new Zs are coming in...

Now maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but with Nissan sales down, what 34% or something, I would think ANY customer coming in to inquire about a car would bet met with stellar attention.

It's Feb 4th. Not end of month that would require such attention to his laptop... And not the first time I've experienced minimal professionalism at this dealership... either way, I believe I've set foot on their lot for the last time...

Last edited by rdgdawg; 02-04-09 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-04-09, 07:01 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AFAIK they are out already, I've seen some at my local Nissan dealer.
Old 02-04-09, 07:03 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess he didn't need the sale
Old 02-04-09, 07:05 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 602 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
AFAIK they are out already, I've seen some at my local Nissan dealer.
Coastal states probably got them first. I've seen a handful in CA already.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience @ the dealer. Morons are everywhere
Old 02-04-09, 07:07 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
It's Feb 4th. Not end of month that would require such attention to his laptop... And not the first time I've experienced minimal professionalism at this dealership... either way, I believe I've set foot on their lot for the last time...
You'd think you'd get the full treatment but obviously these guys either aren't worried or don't care. Either way, I don't think it's a Nissan thing per se. Go to a different dealership.
Old 02-04-09, 07:20 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Allen K
Coastal states probably got them first. I've seen a handful in CA already.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience @ the dealer. Morons are everywhere
Originally Posted by speedflex
You'd think you'd get the full treatment but obviously these guys either aren't worried or don't care. Either way, I don't think it's a Nissan thing per se. Go to a different dealership.
Agreed, and yes, I've heard they are at other dealerships...
Old 02-04-09, 07:29 AM
patrickgs3
Driver

we have them here in sc. i work at nissan down here. they are pretty nice. i hate the 350 with a passion but this one has more ***** and i think has a sportier look. yea that salesman needs to be fired for being a douche! must have been a noob.
Old 02-04-09, 07:35 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by patrickgs3
we have them here in sc. i work at nissan down here. they are pretty nice. i hate the 350 with a passion but this one has more ***** and i think has a sportier look. yea that salesman needs to be fired for being a douche! must have been a noob.
Just spoke to Sales Manager... he's jumping all over it and says he'll do a deal below retail... give him specs and let's see.. OR... the red 350Z with a $32K sticker for $27K.... WOW!!!
Old 02-04-09, 07:53 AM
patrickgs3
Driver

thats the best thing you can do is go right to a sales manager. cut the middle man right there. especially now, at the right place, they are dying to sell cars to make there numbers. its a buyers market for everything...well almost everything.
Old 02-04-09, 08:04 AM
LexFather

Nissan dealerships have never been overall great and year after year it shows in surveys. However there are some dealerships better than others and this is the case for all brands. There are some Nissan dealers here I would shop at and others I would only **** at.

Old 02-04-09, 08:16 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I saw a 370 a week ago parked next to me.

I have never been fond of Nissan dealerships, no style or grace (and that even goes for some Infiniti dealers I have been to). When I was in Mexico, I remember a particularly bland one right across the street from a beautiful Toyota dealership right in my neighborhood. It was a good selling point staring in Nissan's face.
Old 02-04-09, 08:30 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Guy must've been pretty green to pull a stunt like that.

The FIRST thing they teach you in "Sales Guy" school is NEVER, EVER open up the conversation with "Can I help you?". Everyone's knee-jerk reaction to that question is "Just looking"...even if you've got the car picked out and the check in your pocket!!

Does he also try to close sales with the "What would it take to get you to drive this car home today?" line?
Old 02-04-09, 08:36 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Habious
Guy must've been pretty green to pull a stunt like that.

The FIRST thing they teach you in "Sales Guy" school is NEVER, EVER open up the conversation with "Can I help you?". Everyone's knee-jerk reaction to that question is "Just looking"...even if you've got the car picked out and the check in your pocket!!

Does he also try to close sales with the "What would it take to get you to drive this car home today?" line?
Also, did he assume my name was, "Buddy"? I guess we really hit it off....
Old 02-04-09, 08:37 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

I was just blown away by the lack of response I got from a Hyundai dealership too. My dad comes to me and says he's interested in a V6 Genesis, see what you can do. I went to the local dealers site and e-mail both internet sales contacts listed asking about their inventory. First mistake by the dealership is they list no online new vehicle inventory. By the end of the week I still get no response so I go back to the site and do the build and quote to see if they'll respond to that. I get the generic reply but it takes them 4 more days to give a quote and I still can't get the damn inventory, so I don't know if they have 2 cars or 10 cars to look at. So far I have left 2 messages with the guy who sent me the quote, it was a generic type quote but had no specific details on the vehicle. I went to the next dealer away and they have an online inventory and I see they have 12 Genesis listed on the lot, i'm sending e-mails to them today.
Old 02-04-09, 01:35 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

To confirm the point of the thread.

My buddy makes a Saturday appointment at the Nissan dealer in Libertyville IL
to replace his recalled sensor
He shows up and they say no recall work on Saturday
No second chance for these dopes

He calls Rosen and asks for a Saturday appointment
Without him asking they tell him up front no recall work on Saturday
He goes in on a Tuesday morning and is all set in under half an hour

Libertyville loses another customer

But on the other hand, was the famous GT-R drag race of pre-delivery cars from Rosen?

Quick Reply: In this environment, THIS is how Nissan dealerships are winning customers????