Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche Panamera (Official Pics added + VIDEO + 9ff's Modified version)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-08, 12:27 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats just so wrong.... *sigh*

i hope its D.O.A
Old 11-22-08, 01:53 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

The last guesses I saw on price pretty much match the following article and that was before the dollar strengthened.

Panamera spied with very little camouflage (Possible engine and pricing details added)

Posted on Aug 20 2008

This Porsche Panamera spotted has very little camouflage and you can see much clearer the shape of the front and also the rear.

Without the camouflage on its bonnet the front lights are better to see and you can get a good feeling on how this car will look once officially introduced.

Rumor is that the top of the line Panamera will get a 4.8-liter 520 hp twin turbo V8 and will cost around $200,000. Top speed on that car is 186 mph!
Below Turbocharged V8 will be a normally aspirated V8 version.

Cheapest version of the Panamare will cost around $127,000. That money will get you 3.6-liter V6 that arrives in 2011.

Also in 2011 should see the arrival of a 300 hp hybrid model that has a V6 and a 100 hp electric motor.

Other engine possibilities include a V10 that was in the Carrera GT and a V12 TDI from Audi.

Panameras closest competitor should be Aston Martin Rapide that is also in the testing and should be available in 2009.

http://globalmotors.net/porsche-pana...le-camouflage/

I didn't spend a lot of time looking but I believe the US price for the plain jane V8 is rumored to be about $170K. So much for the original rumor that this was to be a 5 series competitor. As pointed out, Porsches are drivers cars, like bimmers. But at anywhere near that price point, I am simply not interested. Regardless of how good the driving experience is. Styling doesn't mean all that much to me ever since I fired the guy I hired to drive my car around the block so I could watch it go by.
Old 11-22-08, 02:06 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cheapest one will cost $127K? Topping out at $200K?

LOL. If that's the case I'll be the first one to call this car DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

I feel like most people would rather have an LS 460, LS 600hL, S Class, E63, S63, 750Li, M5, A8, S8, or Quattroporte for that much money. Porsche is way out of their league with that one. Regardless of the label on the front end and regardless of how it drives, they're dreaming at that price.

$127K for 300hp? lol. That's laughable.
Old 11-22-08, 02:42 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
The cheapest one will cost $127K? Topping out at $200K?

LOL. If that's the case I'll be the first one to call this car DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

I feel like most people would rather have an LS 460, LS 600hL, S Class, E63, S63, 750Li, M5, A8, S8, or Quattroporte for that much money. Porsche is way out of their league with that one. Regardless of the label on the front end and regardless of how it drives, they're dreaming at that price.

$127K for 300hp? lol. That's laughable.
I know I have a tendency to get into the dollars and cents rather than passion but when the Panamera was first talked about, I am sure that I read that it was to be priced competitive with the 5 series. And at that point, I was willing to wait on my next purchase and forgive a whole lot on design because of my respect for Porsche. But at this price point, a bulbous butt is the least of my objections. I was a real potential customer for this car. Now I doubt it.

1Sick and I have continually had to take the Acura fanboy jibes because we said from the very start that the new RL was too expensive. A very good car but overpriced. And the market pretty much agreed. Still don't know exactly how good a car the Panamera is going to be but at that price point, I think it already has lost an opportunity to generate higher sales volume. Of course the Porsscheophiles will say that it was never Porsches' intent to sell any Panameras, just enjoy the big sales pop from having a Panamera brochure in the dealership, ala LF-A, but I don't buy it. I believe Porsche wanted to see if they could diversify into BMW - Mercedes territory and the Panamera was the first step. Doesn't look like it anymore.
Old 11-23-08, 10:48 AM
LexFather

Old 11-23-08, 12:01 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

If I were in the market for a big bucks hot 4 door sedan, this is the one I'd get.
Old 11-23-08, 12:46 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I think everything looks fine until you get to view it from this angle :

and this one too :

Still, I'd hit it if I had the $$$$$$
Old 11-23-08, 01:02 PM
LOL!
Lead Lap

The second picture on 1Sick's post is beautiful. The back is disgusting IMO. I'm torn on this car.
Old 11-23-08, 01:09 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Killed it
Old 11-24-08, 09:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnIYqNxbKRs

A number of official details on the new Porsche Panamera have finally been released, ending years of speculation and frantic spy activity. Although we have covered most of this previously, it's worth noting one or two other details that may have slipped past our beady eyes.

The Panamera is a four door coupe which is the fourth model line for Porsche, following 911, Boxster/ Cayman, and Cayenne. It has clear Porsche DNA in its design, with a typical 911 landscape upfront, wide striking wheel arches, a slanting roofline with a Grand Tourer silhouette and new strongly contoured air intakes instead of a conventional radiator grille.

Engines will be V shaped, with 6 and 8 cylinders pushing a minimum of 300bhp to 500bhp, driving either the rear wheels or all four. Naturally aspirated and aspirated (turbo) petrol engines will be used, while a hybrid model should add a different dimension to the range. PDK, the new 7-speed double-clutch gearbox, will feature as an option to those who prefer it over 6-speed manual.

The Panamera's interior is made for sporting comfort, where the dash is driver-oriented in design. Passengers are also included in the fun since rear seating is more cinema-like, and the passengers are able to observe most of the going ons from their own comfort. The rear seats accommodate only two, making the Panamera a 2+2 four-door coupe. More info on engines, transmissions etc, will trickle through in the coming months. It will be built at Porsche's Leipzig plant for a showroom appearance of around August 2009. International Motor Shows will be showing the car going forward.
Source with pics HERE
Old 11-24-08, 09:37 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Press Release

Porsche Presents First Photos of Four-Door Panamera Gran Turismo

Stuttgart. Roughly nine months before the actual market launch, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, has released the first official photos of the Panamera in its final look. In its design, profile and silhouette, Porsche's unique four-seater stands out clearly as a new member of the Porsche family. Conceived and designed as a four-door grand touring sports car, the Panamera combines numerous talents in typical Porsche style: sporting driving dynamics, a generous and variable interior, and the supreme driving comfort of a Gran Turismo. Joining the 911, Boxster and Cayman sports cars as well as the sporty SUV Cayenne, the Panamera is Porsche's fourth model series.

The designers of the Panamera have succeeded in positioning this unique car as a brand-new and truly different model while nevertheless retaining the looks of a typical Porsche. Through its proportions alone, the Panamera stands out clearly in its market segment: measuring 1931 millimetres or 76.0 inches in width, the Panamera is wider, and measuring 1418 millimetres or 55.8 inches in height, lower than comparable four-door models. The unmistakable, sleek GT silhouette is created by the car's overall length of 4970 millimetres or 195.7 inches and short, sporting overhangs front and rear. In its styling and details, the Panamera follows the design philosophy refined over decades on the 911 and successfully implemented also on the Boxster, Cayman and Cayenne.

Through its design language alone, the Panamera will establish a new segment versus the competition. The symbiosis of sports car DNA derived from the looks of a coupé, the unique interpretation of the classical saloon body and the benefits of a variable space concept give the new Porsche its truly unmistakable appearance. As an example, the Panamera comes with highly individual, strongly contoured air intakes instead of a conventional radiator grille. Striking wheel arches and the long and sleek engine compartment lid create that typical 911 "landscape" at the front end of the car the Porsche customer has appreciated for no less than 45 years, with the distinctly contoured wings as flanks bordering on the flat front lid. The V-shaped seams along the engine compartment lid and the rear window tapering out like an arrow to the rear convey the features characteristic of a sports car to the new, highly individual Panamera class. The striking, muscular shoulders over the rear wheels, the dynamic sweep of the coupé-like roofline, and the visible tailpipes again bear out all the DNA so typical of a thoroughbred Porsche.

The elegant roof arch extends stylishly over the generous interior, simply begging the beholder to get inside. Like all Porsche models, the Panamera is oriented in every respect to the needs and wishes of the driver. But now, thanks to the new concept of space and the sporting architecture of the interior, the car's occupants are also able to experience this special "pilot feeling" on all four seats. All four occupants enjoy supreme ergonomic comfort on both the front seats and the two firmly contoured single seats at the rear. The luggage compartment easily takes up all the passengers' luggage. The variable space concept with its folding rear seat backrests enables the driver and passengers to adjust the luggage space individually to their personal requirements. And last but not least, the coupé tailgate in the sporting rear end combines superior suitability for daily use with stylish elegance.

Porsche has developed superior and up-to-date power units for the Panamera again reflecting all the qualities typical of the brand - the V-engines within the engine compartment come with six and eight cylinders and range in power from 300 to 500 bhp. Some of the engines use turbocharger technology, Direct Fuel Injection making them both fuel-efficient and powerful all in one. The flow of power to the wheels goes either through a manual six-speed gearbox or the new seven-speed Double-Clutch Gearbox, the so called Porsche-Doppelkupplung (PDK).
In addition to sporting rear-wheel drive, the top version of the Panamera comes with even more sophisticated all-wheel drive, which is also available for the other versions as an option. As a further highlight, Porsche is preparing a particularly fuel-efficient version of the Panamera with hybrid drive. Further details on the engines, transmissions, performance, prices and equipment will be disclosed next spring.

The Porsche Panamera will be built at Porsche's Leipzig Plant, where a production hall measuring some 22,000 square metres or almost 237,000 square feet and a logistics centre are currently under construction. While the engines featured in the Panamera are built at Porsche's Main Plant in Zuffenhausen, the painted bodyshells will be supplied by the Volkswagen Plant in Hanover. The Leipzig Plant will then assemble the Panamera for final delivery, with an annual sales target of some 20,000 units. Porsche is once again cooperating largely with German suppliers in the production of the Panamera, with some 70 per cent of the car's overall value being created domestically. Hence, the Panamera is most definitely a car "Made in Germany".

The Panamera will be making its world debut in spring 2009 and the first models will be at dealers worldwide in late summer of next year.
Old 11-24-08, 02:12 PM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

So Porsche looks to lure people who are considering the S600/S63/S65, LS600h, 760iL and Bently Flying Spur away from their choice with 300hp?
Old 11-24-08, 02:18 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

as much as it sucks, i bet it's going to have a huge presence on the road when you see it in real life
Old 12-04-08, 06:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default 9ff's modified Porsche Panamera

MORE pics : http://www.cardesign.ru/articles/tun...08/12/02/2689/
Old 12-04-08, 08:31 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not loving it.

And for approx $150k, I can't justify it.

Quick Reply: Porsche Panamera (Official Pics added + VIDEO + 9ff's Modified version)