Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Clarkson reviews the CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-08, 09:55 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a question though

is the rest of the interior the same as regular CTS?

ie, dash, steering wheel leather and such?

cause i found the fit on the dash and leather on the steering wheel to be very cheap feeling on the CTS
Old 10-13-08, 04:39 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UberNoob
i have a question though

cause i found the fit on the dash and leather on the steering wheel to be very cheap feeling on the CTS
They're pretty much the same except for some carbon fiber trim. I have to say, though, The CTS, (not V) that I looked at had one of the highest quality interiors I have ever seen in any automobile under 50k.
Old 10-13-08, 06:26 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i have a question though

Recaro seats, alcantara steering for better grip and other bits. There are other differences between this and the regular CTS inside as well..
Old 10-13-08, 10:23 AM
duboseq
Pole Position

GM is really making a name for its self these days.
Old 10-13-08, 10:54 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i love that car. it looks fantastic and performs unbelievably. if i had the ability to make the payments, i'd have one today.
Old 10-13-08, 12:23 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i just googled 2009 CTS-V interior and it returned this shot

looks like an amazing interior and a step up from regular CTS too
well done GM!!

the seats remind me of 1IS
Old 10-13-08, 12:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts

i just googled 2009 CTS-V interior and it returned this shot

looks like an amazing interior and a step up from regular CTS too
well done GM!!

the seats remind me of 1IS
It's more or less the same as the regular CTS, except that the regular CTS has wood on the sides of the lower dash instead of metallic trim.
Old 10-13-08, 12:33 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

the steering wheel and the seats also make a big difference IMO
those are the things you feel the most

because the steering wheel (leather wrapping on the wheel) on the regular CTS felt terribly cheap when i tried it at a dealership
Old 04-12-09, 10:33 AM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Default Cts-v

I am a lucky owner of a 2009 CTS-V . I have the recaro seats , auto, large view sunroof , ect . I don't have the microfibre steering wheel material but have the leather instead which is NOT a cheap leather either . The car has just broken in and having been use to a 07 C6 Z06 corvette , which I traded in for this new four door beast , the CTS-V is " scary fast" by any standards !!! You owe yourself the pleasure and the amazing experience to test drive this caddy , it's worth every penny they are asking for !

cheers
Old 04-12-09, 11:21 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
I am a lucky owner of a 2009 CTS-V . I have the recaro seats , auto, large view sunroof , ect . I don't have the microfibre steering wheel material but have the leather instead which is NOT a cheap leather either . The car has just broken in and having been use to a 07 C6 Z06 corvette , which I traded in for this new four door beast , the CTS-V is " scary fast" by any standards !!! You owe yourself the pleasure and the amazing experience to test drive this caddy , it's worth every penny they are asking for !

cheers
Congragulations. A great car.

Take it easy on the break-in, though, for the first 1000 miles or so.....don't floor it, keep the RPM varying and below 4500 (meaning don't drive long didtances at the seme engine speed), and don't use the brakes full-force unless you have to.

And get a bottle of this: It's great stuff for taking surface problems out of the paint.

Old 04-12-09, 11:59 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,515 Posts

B D HEMI - congratulations!!! AWESOME. now we MUST see pics or you'll be banned.

j/k
Old 04-12-09, 01:48 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

cheers
Congrats on an amazing car B D!

I was trying to convince the wife that we should get one instead of a new SUV....but that discussion hasn't gone well.

Beauty and crazy power....what more could you need!
Old 04-12-09, 03:50 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Default cts-v

Thanks for the compliments ! Speaking of break - in , GM suggest 500 miles and below 70 mph . however the dealer played with it at around 45 km and
I had it only half way but not to the floor . I finally put to the floor around 600 miles on it and "holy Crap " the car rocketed like a bat out of hell ! I'm ready to do a oil change in and around 1200km's . Anyways I'll try to throw some pic's .
B D HEMI
Old 04-12-09, 05:55 PM
LexFather

cheers
Congrats, superb choice.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congragulations. A great car.

Take it easy on the break-in, though, for the first 1000 miles or so.....don't floor it, keep the RPM varying and below 4500 (meaning don't drive long didtances at the seme engine speed), and don't use the brakes full-force unless you have to.

And get a bottle of this: It's great stuff for taking surface problems out of the paint.

I agree. Mike sent me a bottle and its great.
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
B D HEMI - congratulations!!! AWESOME. now we MUST see pics or you'll be banned.

j/k
I also agree
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Congrats on an amazing car B D!

I was trying to convince the wife that we should get one instead of a new SUV....but that discussion hasn't gone well.

Beauty and crazy power....what more could you need!
Shall I send your wife a list or reasons to buy this

Old 04-12-09, 05:58 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Shall I send your wife a list or reasons to buy this
Good to have you back Mike.

And yes please...we looked at it and I was blown away. She hates the analog clock and the one we saw was a 6 speed which doesn't work for her.

Quick Reply: Clarkson reviews the CTS-V