Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

EPIC Thread. Homeowner vs HOA and Arizona Parking Solutions! Boot me, I move car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 06:25 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by The A1 and A2 German
MAJOR UPDATE! HELLO KIDDIES, MAJOR MAJOR UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APS KNOWS!

I JUST TOOK A, NOW DAILY NIGHTLY WALK (WEDNESDAY, MIDNIGHT!), TO PHOTOGRAPH ALL SAID VICTIMS! AND BROUGHT A BUDDY WITH TO WITNESS AND WILL CHIME IN BELOW WITH HIS DISBELIEF!

GUESS WHAT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!!!!!! A WRITTEN CITATION WITH NO BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

HOWEVER THEY ARE IN GUEST PARKING AND STILL GOT CITED, NO BOOTS! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!!!!!!! THIS IMAGE WOULD STATE RESERVED, HOWEVER IS A GUEST SPOT, STILL GOT A WARNING, MAYBE A CITATION, AS I DID'T MESS WITH THE GUYS CAR AND READ THE PAPER, EITHER WAY, NO BOOT!
[IMG][/IMG]

LOOK! THESE GUYS GOT NO BOOTS! WELL, YET! HOWEVER APS HAS ALREADY DONE THEIR DRIVE THROUGH! NOT EVEN A WARNING! THEY HAVE BEEN LEFT ALONE!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

SOMETHING VERY MAJOR HAS HAPPENED!!!!!!! NOT A SINGLE BOOT IN THE ENTIRE, ENTIRE COMMUNITY, WE JUST WALKED THE WHOLE THING!! THAT HAS NEVER EVER EVER HAPPENED!!!!!

AND A TESTIMONY'S FROM MY ROOMMATE THAT WALKED WITH:

I HAVE BEEN LIVING HERE AT THIS COMMUNITY FOR APPROXIMATELY 3 MONTHS AND WALKED WITH MY BUDDY TO WITNESS "NO" BOOTS ON ANY AND I MEAN ANY CAR! I COUNTED 6 BOOTS, JUST THIS MORNING WALKING TO MY CAR TO GO TO WORK... AND THIS IS JUST DOWN ONE AISLE! THE VEHICLES THAT WERE BOOTED WERE PARKED IN "RESERVED" AND SOME PARKED IN "GUEST" PARKING. WHAT REALLY BOGGLED MY MIND IS THAT THIS COMPANY WAS OK UNCONVINCING AN INDIVIDUAL AND HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITY TO GO TO WORK OR TO GO TO AN APPOINTMENT. GOD FORBID ONE OF THERE CHILDREN WHERE SICK OR A FREAK ACCIDENT HAPPENED AND THEY COULDN'T DRIVE TO THE HOSPITAL DUE TO THERE CAR BEING BOOTED. I WILL BE COMPLETELY HONEST HERE AND I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE CONSIDERING IT WASN'T EVEN MY VEHICLE THAT THEY TOYED WITH BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME I WITNESSED A "WARNING SIGN" ON THE BACK OF SOMEONES VEHICLE! NOW THAT'S THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS. AT LEAST GIVE THAT INDIVIDUAL THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE THEY WERE AT FAULT AND THEN CORRECT THEM. I WILL ADMIT I WAS PLEASED TO SEE THAT, THAT INDIVIDUAL WAS WARNED AND NOT AUTOMATICALLY BOOTED...

ME AGAIN! THAT'S FANTASTIC! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WAIT FOR tomorrow'S NEXT UPDATE, THURSDAY JUNE 19TH, 2008!
One man and his quest FOR BOOT JUSTICE!!!!

Old 06-19-08, 07:00 AM
HeyY0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmm, the epicness is delicious
Old 06-19-08, 07:26 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 603 Likes on 416 Posts

HOA better drop those douches when their contract runs out.
Old 06-19-08, 08:44 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
cliffs?......
The epicness is strong in this one. Well worth the read.

Made my morning... lol
Old 06-19-08, 08:45 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

whhew just read all of those posts lol. loser HOS.
Old 06-19-08, 08:46 AM
2010mRXsh
Driver School Candidate

Although both sides could be at fault in this, this guy is a complete ***.

He moves into a relatively expensive private community, signs the papers that says he agrees to the terms, then complains like a baby to the internet when he accidentally didn't follow the rules.

The reason companies need to make money off of parking spaces is to subsidize the cost of other things in the community. If he really wanted to pay $1000 a month in maintenance, he could go to the board and get "free" parking.

What an idiot!

I imagine he won't show his own face because he's too proud?

I wonder if this story woos the women he meets. "Hey, I'm an ***, you know what I've been up to for the past month?"

I hate it when "rich" people with nothing better to do, waste other people's time. And think that because they have any amount of money, they can do whatever they want.

He admitted to being in the wrong, all he had to do is pay the fine.

This man will sue McDonalds someday for selling "french fries" which are made from non-French sourced potatoes.

Old 06-19-08, 09:08 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2010mRXsh

He moves into a relatively expensive private community, signs the papers that says he agrees to the terms, then complains like a baby to the internet when he accidentally didn't follow the rules.

The reason companies need to make money off of parking spaces is to subsidize the cost of other things in the community. If he really wanted to pay $1000 a month in maintenance, he could go to the board and get "free" parking.

What an idiot!

I wonder if this story woos the women he meets. "Hey, I'm an ***, you know what I've been up to for the past month?"

I hate it when "rich" people with nothing better to do, waste other people's time. And think that because they have any amount of money, they can do whatever they want.

This man will sue McDonalds someday for selling "french fries" which are made from non-French sourced potatoes.

Did you even read the thing? Subsidize the cost of other things in the community? The parking is owned by a completely separate entity. They have nothing else they need to pay for.

Not only that, they abused their power afterwards out of frustration on other members of the community.

He's done nothing wrong. He made a point.

How would you feel if you lived in that gated community, the same guy checks your car for your parking pass everyday for 3 months and on one day you forget to put it on, he slaps on a boot and a $140 fine to get the boot off?

Get real.
Old 06-19-08, 09:31 AM
leedogg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2010mRXsh

What an idiot!

Sorry boot shmuck. you lose.
Old 06-19-08, 09:43 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Case 1: My father passes away. His HOA send bills that were most likely sent back to the company since he is not there. The bills don't get paid since he is DEAD. Well they now have a lien on the house and want to auction it after not trying to send a bill or notice over the past 8 months. Funny, my father's property taxes made it to my house.

Case 2: I have a company car. I need stickers to park or enter in my development. Since my car was not technically registered to my house and address they would not grant me a sticker. They said, "I guess you will have to just go through the vistor line every day." which is 5 cars long during slow periods. Since I have lived in this house for 6 years I found this to be a bunch of BS. I did resolve it but HOA's just make rules and don't look at grey area at all.
Old 06-19-08, 09:46 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand this situation. He makes a minor mistake and they lock up his car for not having his tag up. That is nuts. He didn't park illegally over a spot or on the grass. Get the story straight. If people don't stand up over these issues it will get worse and worse for us to live in these housing communities. A group of 10-15 people make the rules for anywhere between 1000 to 10,000 people sometimes.
Old 06-19-08, 10:15 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been living in a community all my life, now in AZ where I have to pay 2 separate HOA.

Never have I encountered any community that's so unfriendly with the owners..

this is so freaking funny, right up there with the ***** in magnum condom
Old 06-19-08, 10:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

lol this is just fun. i applaud for the guy
Old 06-19-08, 11:05 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

HOA are usually made of old retired **** geezers (no offense) who have NOTHING to do but pick on little things.

We just went through a similar parking situation and found that they violated the cc&r regulation. 2 cars had to be parked in the garage and 2 in your driveway before you can have 1 permit issued to park on the street after 8pm. They did this without letting homeowners know and to vote.

Boy did they us hear bi$ch, complained and threatened them
They sent an apology later 1 week later

Normally, a warning is given before a boot or ticket is given.
These ruthless, idiot parking ***** are the worst
Old 06-19-08, 11:06 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hehe, I live in a private community in Brooklyn, but we dont have any of that nonsense. The only restriction is, from 1am to 6am all the vehicles that are parked on the street are suposed to have the parking sticker, which is like $200 for a whole year, and guest vehicles must get a temporary sticker, which is free, but you renew it daily or weekly. But this rule isn't enforced, they go on raids maybe a couple times a year so cars without this sticker get a parking violation, but they dont tow or boot cars for this crap.
Old 06-19-08, 11:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
HOA are usually made of old retired **** geezers (no offense) who have NOTHING to do but pick on little things.

We just went through a similar parking situation and found that they violated the cc&r regulation. 2 cars had to be parked in the garage and 2 in your driveway before you can have 1 permit issued to park on the street after 8pm. They did this without letting homeowners know and to vote.

Boy did they us hear bi$ch, complained and threatened them
They sent an apology later 1 week later

Normally, a warning is given before a boot or ticket is given.
These ruthless, idiot parking ***** are the worst
yeah, some HOA are pretty picky on every crap for no reasons, though some others are pretty ok. it's just a matter of luck i guess

Quick Reply: EPIC Thread. Homeowner vs HOA and Arizona Parking Solutions! Boot me, I move car!