Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW owners(E90post.com)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-08, 08:03 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some forums are worse than others. Some car owners think theirs are better than others. The Impreza owners club, some members are very **** and arrogant. Acura-legend.com, well they ban you if you say anything negative about Honda products. You just have to take it in stride I guess.
Old 05-20-08, 08:05 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

when children misbehave, you blame the parents.

I have to give a thumb up for the mods on CL.
Old 05-20-08, 08:25 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
I went to a local e90post meet a few months ago and they all looked like this, no joke:

LOL. anyone got their myspace link? makes me laugh everytime!
Old 05-20-08, 09:11 AM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Its true. This site is much more professional then most other auto sites.
I don't mean to kick no one ***.
Old 05-20-08, 11:10 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to a local e90post meet a few months ago and they all looked like this, no joke:
LMAO

I was in my old town in NJ this weekend, and all the BMW drivers look like that too... and they arent even Italian lol
Old 05-20-08, 12:59 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did some post on Honda swap long ago when I still have a Honda, I was half joking when I posted a topic about swapping a Talon's 4G63 engine in due to how cheap I can get them and they locked the thread, they told me I shouldn't post about swapping a 4G63...
dude, the site's called Honda swap, this is a swap and anything goes, go figure.
(I've also saw a 4G63 swap into a EK, thus I posted, but guess they are too arrogant)
(also funny that my friend had a modded and built NA ITR, I had the Talon Tsi AWD, stock at the time... maybe a boost control, that's about it, and won everytime, highway, low speed, etc)
Old 05-20-08, 01:28 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love Lexus cars. It is too bad they don't make a car more like the E92. I love my coupe. That car handles great. I am getting the Dinan package this weekend without the suspension. It does bother me to be associated with such morons. BMW has built a rep for being the car that rich parents buy their 16 year old for a sweet sixteen party. If the kid doesn't get one he whines like a little girl too. Okay, the last part I saw on TV but I am sure it happens.

Still, I love my new ride. The 6 speed is a blast to drive! I still plan on getting the NSX after I get my new house.
Old 05-20-08, 09:11 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SilverBull
I am growing sick and tired of the morons that post on the site e90post.com. They are absolutely full of themselves. BMW will never break this stereotype of cocky aholes owning their cars if these guys continue to act like this. Go over there and read some of the nonsense. By the 5th post I know that you will know what I am talking about. They even bash each other as fellow owners. This site and that site are night and day different.
There are plenty of immature dolts that hang out here as well - people who see that the only car to ever own would be a Lexus because everything else is crap. While the mods do a decent job here (and I do like this site), e60.net tends to be much more professional IMHO. Maybe because older people hang out there?

PS - SilverBull, I SWEAR you were getting a M3... what happened?
Old 05-20-08, 09:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by doug_999
There are plenty of immature dolts that hang out here as well - people who see that the only car to ever own would be a Lexus because everything else is crap. While the mods do a decent job here (and I do like this site), e60.net tends to be much more professional IMHO. Maybe because older people hang out there?

PS - SilverBull, I SWEAR you were getting a M3... what happened?
Yeah but in comparison its not even close. I have to say E90 is SO BAD I never even joined (and I'ev joined everywhere). I am on E46, M5, Bimmerforums and I think one other BMW board. You get tons of morons and a few guys that actually know about cars, not just BMW.

Here, we have many people that have owned/and own BMWs and they continue to post and we encourage it. SOme moderators have BMWs. Dave's wife has a BMW track car. We clearly respect them here.

If you look at our threads, there are tons of threads with BMW love. Of course there are posts where people don't want/like a BMW but this is a Lexus forum.

In all the forums I visit, this is BY FAR the most level headed and the one with the least bias.

We appreciate the comments that it starts with Mods (it does, I tell Dave all the time he does an incredible job) but we have some OUTSTANDING members as well who EDUCATE others who might be oblivious to BMW and other brands.

I get into debates a lot of times b/c I don't just know about Lexus, many times I know more about the other persons favorite brand than they do.

Education is the key and we hope you can get that here in CAR CHAT.

In person, I've met countless BMW owners and for the most part they are a GREAT bunch. SELOC has even had multi-car meets with the local BMW crowd.

Old 05-21-08, 10:26 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Was that meet on Staten Island? These type of clowns make me ashamed of being part Italian even if many who went for that look are not Italian. I hope the "brooke" haircut and spending 6 hours a day in the tanning bed look and pink dress shirts has passed in Jersey and New York by now.
Old 05-21-08, 10:41 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was getting an M3 for 3 days. I backed out and switched my order. I actually had a sedan ordered so I really glad for that switch. I didn't need to drop another 20k on the car since I was home shopping now too. So I called my sales guy and switched it up to a 335i coupe Montego Blue. I found one in Cali and brought it over in a week. The only catch was it didn't have heated seats. Not a biggy in Vegas though. My wife also told me during my decision that I could buy two cars for the price of that M3 so that swayed me some. I still want a 91' NSX at some point.