Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

know any "good" Acura Forums

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 10:37 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default know any "good" Acura Forums

I'm researching the Acura RL, do you guys know of any good Acura Forums? I found www.acuraforums.com, www.acuraworld.com, and www.honda-acura.net to be crap!
Old 03-26-08, 03:27 PM
Driverseat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.honda-tech.com
Old 03-26-08, 04:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

www.acurazine.com?
Old 03-26-08, 04:38 PM
joejoe80
Driver School Candidate

acurazine is the best.
Old 03-26-08, 04:39 PM
joejoe80
Driver School Candidate

and i know sicklex got banned from there. lol. good old days.
Old 03-26-08, 04:41 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, it isn't exactly RL related, but acuramdx.org is good.
Old 03-26-08, 05:16 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Acura-Legend.net.

Those are some hardcore Acura guys....its scary.
Old 03-26-08, 11:11 PM
dr Lu
Driver

uhh..acurazine =)
Old 03-27-08, 03:56 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink AcuraZine

I think that the RL Forum on Acurazine is pretty good; it has more traffic than other sites. Plus the posters there are generally mature & helpful. The rest of the site on the other hand ...

I know every message board (sports, cars, entertainers) will have its resident fanboys and haters that fight a never ending battles but Acurazine has some posters that I think are there for no reason other than to cause trouble but the RL part of it stays pretty quiet & respectful.

Old 03-27-08, 09:44 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks yah... I think acurazine and acura-legend forums are decent... I can't believe flagship Acura only has 4 way power passenger seats... gay as HELL!!
Old 03-27-08, 11:16 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
thanks yah... I think acurazine and acura-legend forums are decent... I can't believe flagship Acura only has 4 way power passenger seats... gay as HELL!!
I never sat in the passenger side but the driver side had plenty of adjustments, I believe the new refresh legend has 8 or 10 way power on the passenger side as well as standard cooled seats and an slightly updated interior with more wood. The RL is a fantastic car that unfortunately many don't know about or just overlook because they only consider the established prestigious names like BMW and Merc. Acura has also done a poor job of marketing this vehicle which is why many don't know about it. It has in my opinion and many others the nicest interior of all the cars in its class and its built like a tank and a joy to drive. I was about to get one after a test drive but it was more money than I could really spend at that time. Good Luck. Unfortunately there are not any good general Acura sites like ClubLexus, FreshAlloy, Bimmerfest, etc. I browse HA.net but unfortunately there are alot of young immature members on that site and its just not informative.
Old 03-27-08, 11:36 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah esp. our Gen 5 Camry had 8-way power passenger.. height and tilt adjustment.

Another vote for Acurazine... they're decent for the most part.. except the name calling when they called BS on my CSX info back in2005 without realising there is a car called the CSX in Canada...
Old 03-27-08, 12:35 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The funny thing is, even though my Lexus cars had 8 way passenger adjustments, I never used them. The only think the passenger seat did was move back and forth, and had the back rest adjusted. Personally, I think 6 way adjustments for the passenger is all you need. Back and forth, backrest tilt, and up and down. Other than that I'd rather them cut the rest out to save cost and use the money elsewhere.
Old 03-27-08, 06:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The funny thing is, even though my Lexus cars had 8 way passenger adjustments, I never used them. The only think the passenger seat did was move back and forth, and had the back rest adjusted. Personally, I think 6 way adjustments for the passenger is all you need. Back and forth, backrest tilt, and up and down. Other than that I'd rather them cut the rest out to save cost and use the money elsewhere.
Doesn't matter if you don't use them, a 50k flagship SHOULD offer them. My 1992 ES has 4 way power passenger Adjustments hell probably a loaded Corolla or something does too. I thought 8 way was all you needed until you sit in a BMW/Benz or a new LS. It does make it more comfortable for driving.

Quoted for Truth

Old 03-28-08, 12:23 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Yeah 8-way helps, or at the minimum height adjustment.

Sitting in my friend's TSX is like sitting in a motorcycle sidecart. The seat is a LOT lower (as is typical with most Honda products) and he sits with the driver's seat raised so the height difference is quite noticeable. And we're the same height.

Quick Reply: know any "good" Acura Forums