Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Acura TSX - spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 05:41 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 215 Likes on 143 Posts
Default 2009 Acura TSX - spy shots

Chris Doane has finally caught the 2009 Acura TSX outside of a Honda facility in the U.S. It would appear the car is about the same size as the current model, or perhaps slightly larger. From the rear it looks like those fender blisters give the car a wider track. The design will reportedly get more aggressive, which you can already see on the nose of this test vehicle despite the liberal application of tape by Honda engineers.

We're especially excited for the next iteration of the TSX, because along with a 20 - 30 bump in horsepower for its rev-happy 2.4L four-cylinder, we're also expecting an S-Type model powered by a 260+ HP uprated version of the 240 HP, 2.3L turbo in the Acura RDX. We've sampled that mill before, and are addicted based on what it can do in a CUV. The 2009 Acura TSX S-Type, however, should be on a different level entirely. Torque steer is an issue, as the TSX is and always has been front-wheel drive. We have faith Honda engineers, some of the best in the biz, can quell it, though. (NOTE: Thanks to the astute reader who reminded us the Type-S model will have S-AWD, which should irradicate any hint of torque steer.)
via autoblog
Old 10-03-07, 05:43 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 215 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Major design cues from the SPORTS 4 concept car shown at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show...

Old 10-03-07, 06:19 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I hope it looks very close to the sports 4 concept because that is a very clean beautiful aggressive design. Powertrain options should be interesting especially if it is a higher tuned turbo engine that is available in the RDX. Not so sure about SHAWD being put in the TSX because that is going to add a good deal of cost to the car but alot of sources seem to think it could get it. Hopefully they come out with a coupe version too to replace the RSX and offer a much needed 2 door in the lineup.
Old 10-03-07, 07:21 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Not sure how i feel about this yet? Those fender flares.... Although Acura is moving in the right direction with its 20-30 HP increase finally.. LOL and also a turbo version.. SHould be a hot seller with the youngsters out there...
Old 10-03-07, 08:27 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The turbo version is no surprise, but am surprised that they will offer a non turbo engine as well. Anyway, if this car does indeed get the SH-AWD, that I4 Turbo will be a beast in this car. I always liked the TSX. Great car for a lot less money than the competition. I just hope for 2009, we get all this and still good pricing.
Old 10-03-07, 10:42 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno, I see them putting SH AWD in the TL before the TSX. The TL is about the only new Acura I ever see around here anymore.
Old 10-04-07, 02:02 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

yes! now the tsx projectors shall drop in price , everyone will go for these. lol.
Old 10-04-07, 04:12 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb T L

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
I dunno, I see them putting SH AWD in the TL before the TSX. The TL is about the only new Acura I ever see around here anymore.
The TL is supposed to debut in the Fall, after the TSX's debut in the spring. I am betting that it will get SH-AWD as well ... Acura said that they wanted their whole lineup to have it & these are the last 2 not to. Shame they just will not suck it up & make RWD platform.
Old 10-04-07, 05:40 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS69
Shame they just will not suck it up & make RWD platform.
Its Honda, that will never happen. I'd rather have it in AWD anyway.
Old 10-04-07, 09:28 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. While the ultimate goal might be a RWD with an SH-AWD option, I really liked the SH-AWD on the RL. I know it adds weight an all, but I really don't care about that in a family sedan. Save the weight savings for real sports cars. Heck, the A/V gear I add in many of my cars probably add just as much weight
Old 10-04-07, 10:07 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Same here. While the ultimate goal might be a RWD with an SH-AWD option, I really liked the SH-AWD on the RL. I know it adds weight an all, but I really don't care about that in a family sedan. Save the weight savings for real sports cars. Heck, the A/V gear I add in many of my cars probably add just as much weight
Well I am truly spoiled, having never had a car without AWD. I enjoy driving my bro's IS300, but I am used to being able to floor it and go and not have to wait for the wheels to catch up with me. And fishtaling sucks. I test drove an '06 330ci and was really dissapointed with that too. So even if the TSX has added weight of AWD the more powerful engine options will make up for that.
Old 10-04-07, 10:49 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GS69
The TL is supposed to debut in the Fall, after the TSX's debut in the spring. I am betting that it will get SH-AWD as well ... Acura said that they wanted their whole lineup to have it & these are the last 2 not to. Shame they just will not suck it up & make RWD platform.
I'm assuming the US lineup. No way are they gonna have a CSX SH-AWD model.
Old 10-04-07, 10:51 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

how come the europeans always get a better Accord than we do
Old 10-04-07, 10:55 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
how come the europeans always get a better Accord than we do
Aside from a few exterior and interior differences, we can buy their Accord, no?

Better than not able to buy it at all
Old 10-04-07, 10:57 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The turbo version is no surprise, but am surprised that they will offer a non turbo engine as well. Anyway, if this car does indeed get the SH-AWD, that I4 Turbo will be a beast in this car. I always liked the TSX. Great car for a lot less money than the competition. I just hope for 2009, we get all this and still good pricing.
I think the TSX would be great for the competition.. 260 HP turbo in that little sedan would be nice for under 30k...

Quick Reply: 2009 Acura TSX - spy shots