Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar XF Undisguised(Update - Jaguar XF in the flesh in Frankfurt)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 05:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
I'm loving it!!!!

I agree the rear end looks nice, but IMO it would look even nicer if the lower inside corners of the taillights weren't cut off under that chrome strip across the trunk lid....it would have better symmetry.

And as far as the car being "undisguised"............there's no reason why automakers should ever be using bras, tape, covers, and the rest of that nonsense to start with. It is like a childish game of hide-and-go-seek.....silly, unnecessary, and unprofessional in the adult world. And, unless the automaker has a sophisticated indoor wind tunnel where the car can be tested in private, it makes it difficult, if not impossible, with all that junk on top of the car's body, to get an accurate aero-drag CD figure in testing.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-13-07 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-13-07, 06:19 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

They look like they are stealing it ha ha.........from that rear side shot looks like maybe a continental T/300 C style four light front but I might be wrong...
Old 08-13-07, 06:27 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
They look like they are stealing it ha ha.........from that rear side shot looks like maybe a continental T/300 C style four light front but I might be wrong...
I agree, cherplex.....the side shot does look more like a Bentley Continental than a Saturn.

Now just stick on a Chrysler 300 grille and the job will be complete.
Old 08-13-07, 08:17 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe manufacturers cover up their cars so as to keep their product out of public eye for as long as possible. They don't want their competitors to see what they have coming, because if their competitors had a full scope of what their new product had to offer, then their competitors can start working on beating it faster. Also, it keeps the cars out of public eyes; these manufacturers still have to sell their current cars before their new ones come out. Who is going to want to buy the current cars if the manufacturers are showing off their new ones in public years in advance?

Gosh, that rear really does look gorgeous. I'm pretty afraid about the side though, as the doors look too narrow, with too-large handles, making the whole side looks very tall and cumbersome. Hopefully it looks more feline and more Jaguar in actual pictures.

Also, I heard a rumor that from now on, all Jaguars will have supercharged engines, or something like that. They had been planning to do so a while ago, but decided not to, and watched their sales plummet, so I believe they are goin to start supercharging all their engines now, with different levels of boost I presume.
Old 08-13-07, 08:23 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008

Also, I heard a rumor that from now on, all Jaguars will have supercharged engines, or something like that. They had been planning to do so a while ago, but decided not to, and watched their sales plummet, so I believe they are goin to start supercharging all their engines now, with different levels of boost I presume.

Yea, there was a thread on here awhile ago that stated that the usual 400hp engine will be a non-R model for the first time while a new XF-R will have a 500+ engine. I'm sure an NA V6 and V8 will still be offered as well. Time will tell...
Old 08-13-07, 09:10 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rear end looks nice..reminds me of the bmw 3 series rear end (kind of)
Old 08-13-07, 11:51 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

YUUUUUMMMMYYYY I'm all over THAT Jag.
Old 08-14-07, 03:57 AM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good
Old 08-14-07, 06:08 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Rear end a-la BMW 3-series, the front reminds me of a Bentley Continental GT, design it too look like an Aston Martin. Interior from a Volvo most probably. SWEET!

Now for Jaguar too actually make it reliable.
Old 08-14-07, 06:44 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

To me the first pic (front end) screamed Hyundai Tiberon to me LOL... Just a quick fast look.. But scrolled down and it looks nice! I love the back
Old 08-14-07, 07:41 AM
LexFather

GS side with front vents.
Rear lights from an Aston Martin..

I love it!!!

Old 08-22-07, 08:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Photo Leak: Another Jaguar XF photo shows up online

Photo Leak: Another Jaguar XF photo shows up online

Posted on: August 22nd, 2007

The last spy shots we saw of the Jaguar XF revealed the side profile as well as the tail lights of Jaguar’s most anticipated vehicle ever. In the beginning of this week we also saw some teaser images that surfaced from a dealer brochure showing us the front headlight and some interior shots.

Now another image has been leaked for our viewing pleasure. According to the folks over at jaguarmania, the Jaguar XF will be officially revealed on August 28th. Until then you can head over to http://www.jaguarxf.com/default.asp and register to be the first to see the car.
via egmcartech
Old 08-22-07, 09:38 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

The fender vents look silly and the grill completely loses the aggressive nature of the concept. Other than that it doesn't look too shabby.
Old 08-22-07, 10:04 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice! I love the exterior design.. BUT do I detect a bit of Ford in the rear interior door handle?? and where's the rear centre headrest?
Old 08-22-07, 11:21 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the frontend side profile looks like a volvo!

the side doors look like lexus.

the back looks pretty good, like aston.

overall....... yawn.

The front end design breaks the flow of the car. almost clashes.

Quick Reply: Jaguar XF Undisguised(Update - Jaguar XF in the flesh in Frankfurt)