Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

lexus gift shop watches.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-07, 05:53 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lexus gift shop watches.

anyone at thier dealer have a gift shop where they sell these huge lexus watches? what is the name of those by chance? i want one, but i want to see if they sell them without the lexus logo as seeing i no longer own a lexus as of wednesday
Old 07-15-07, 07:04 PM
oliveryo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

may i ask why you sold your lex and what car took its place?
Old 07-15-07, 07:15 PM
Eug421
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U in Nor Cal or S. Cal? I might be interested in ur kit.
How much did u pay for it and what is the temp of the bulbs?
How long has it been installed for?
Old 07-15-07, 09:00 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There are several watches in the Lexus Collection:
http://www.thelexuscollection.com/br...220&itemId=122

The only one worth anything is the IWC Portugieser Chronograph. http://www.thelexuscollection.com/br...categoryId=220
It's shown at the MSRP of $6,400. A very fine watch, but any authorized dealer will sell you this watch at 20-25% discount.

The other ones are just fashion type watches.
Old 07-15-07, 09:16 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

well on the Lexus Collection website they sell two watches that are Lexus branded, which is what i think you would be referring to, since you said without the lexus logo.

this watch looks like a rep of the cartier roadster. im sure there are other watch companies that make watches that look extremely similar to this design but i think the roadster looks the best. it comes with both a stainless steel and leather band...amazing watch.

theres also a bunch of these scattered all over ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Black-Lexus-...QQcmdZViewItem

that's an exact replica of the Rolex Daytona. one of my favorite watches, however it's hard to find an all stainless steel version of it. if im still up to date with my knowledge--there's a looong waiting list for the stainless steel. the all gold and twotone should come easily however.
Old 07-15-07, 09:38 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ron_is350
......the Rolex Daytona. one of my favorite watches, however it's hard to find an all stainless steel version of it. if im still up to date with my knowledge--there's a looong waiting list for the stainless steel. the all gold and twotone should come easily however.
It's extremely difficult to ever get a stainless steel Daytona from an authorized dealer unless you wait years for it, and even then there are no assurances. It's a cult watch, and one of the most sought after. You can get them new on the gray market for about $10,000, which is a hefty premium on the approx $7,000 MSRP. Rolex has created an artificial shortage over the years, and things are only getting worse. You are correct, you can score the gold/steel and all gold versions relatively easily. A gold/steel one is actually less than the stainless on the secondary market.

Technically, Rolex's are just average in quality, but people buy them for the name. Nothing else screams 'money or success' like a Rolex. It's a carefully managed PR image. There are watches twice as good for less than half the price, but nothing holds its value like a Rolex.