ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Apple developing NAVI for Benz ? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/288647-apple-developing-navi-for-benz.html)

OC 335d 06-20-07 12:01 PM

Well Foo, we did have to bring our brand new IS250 right back to the dealer for the TPMS sensors (>40 miles). I looked at the dealer paper license plate and scratched my head a bit. It said "RIGHT FROM THE START." Last night the airbag off light turned off for 15 minutes while my gf was sitting in the car. :uh:

foofighter 06-20-07 12:04 PM

LOL not eve Lexus can be perfect. I remember my 06 GS300 had a cam position sensor go bad w/ 3k miles on the clock. O well

speedflex 06-20-07 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by OC 335i (Post 2707719)
Coming from a Systems Admin, former Desktop Support guy for PCs, I would say OSX > Windows. I have worked with PCs my whole life and think OSX is a superior product.

Apple is intuitive, easy to use, and well... It just works and it works right away, rather in Windows, even if it does have the drivers, it takes awhile to load or install the device.

And that's now. How will Windows stack up when OSX Leopard hits?

OC 335d 06-20-07 01:23 PM

Considering most people still won't touch Vista with a 10 foot pole, I think Leopard will be more than fine. ;)

speedflex 06-20-07 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by OC 335i (Post 2707945)
Considering most people still won't touch Vista with a 10 foot pole, I think Leopard will be more than fine. ;)

Actually, I plan on having both Vista and Leopard running on my next Mac. Some of the features of Leopard, such as Time Machine and Stacks, look great.

But back to topic. I look foward to the interface they come up with for cars.

Yang1815 06-20-07 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by nthach (Post 2707640)
And it's somewhat true about the artists and students using Macs, I see more MacBooks/iBook G3 or G4s on college campuses than Dell Inspirons or Latitudes or any of the junk HP makes(or rather buys from Quanta and "calls" it their own)

Apple has an educational discount and it is very attractive when they also throw in a free iPod when purchasing a new Mac for college students. And as far as when I was concerned in undergrad, I simply wanted a laptop that I can count on while completing my 10-page essay at 3am the morning of the day it's due. My previous laptops before switching to Apple iBook was a Compaq which overheated and had a hard drive failure, and a Dell 600m, which overheated as well.

As fas as artists go, it is undeniable that Apple has always been great at graphic design/video editing/music composing/picture editing applications. I personally believe that if the softwares they need to use are offered on both XP and a Mac, the stability and security of Mac would sell itself. A lot of times though, the software needed for something simply isn't available on OSX and there is no equal product available. But it doesn't say anything about the quality of Mac, simply the software company's lack of resource/capability to crossover to expand their market.

I can personally vouch for other fields as well. As far as biology research goes, especially in the field of genetics and related areas, the top software only comes in OSX flavor. In addition, for softwares that support both XP and OSX, most researchers feel much safer and confident leaving the Apple running for 5 days/nights at a time running calculations (proteomics), and turn off the XP at the end of the day. Take a walk and visit your local university's researcher's offices, I'll bet you'd be surprised on how many Macs you find.

10 foot pole? How about a 10 foot cattle prod :D

nthach 06-21-07 02:02 AM

Vista is just a WinXP/Win2K cored WinME with a quasi-OSX UI.

bitkahuna 06-21-07 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Yang1815 (Post 2708714)
In addition, for softwares that support both XP and OSX, most researchers feel much safer and confident leaving the Apple running for 5 days/nights at a time running calculations (proteomics), and turn off the XP at the end of the day.

That probably has more to do with the application ports than the OS. My Windows machine run 24x7 and are rarely every rebooted. No problems. They generally only get rebooted when a Windows update prompts me too, which I grant, is too often, and one of the most ludicrous weaknesses (that they can't apply OS patches without rebooting).

I tell everyone who asks me though - if you want the easiest machine to use, get a Mac. If you want fewer confusing errors and prompts that have no good answer, get a Mac.

LexFather 06-21-07 01:50 PM

Its the IClass or I-Benz!!!

jwong77 06-21-07 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX (Post 2711103)
Its the IClass or I-Benz!!!

Lol, please don't tempt them.