Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The Taurus is back! (Taurus, Taurus X, and Sable)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 05:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Sorry, guys. I can't agree with all this panning, though I do wish that Ford had kept the Five Hundered name.....the Five Hundred is a better car than ANY Taurus I've seen or reviewed ( even the Taurus SHO models ), although the AWD Five Hundred version, despite the CVT, could use a little more engine.

It has been one of my favorite domestics ever since it debuted.....especially the Freestyle version......and when I took my psuedo-girl friend to the D.C. Auto Show a couple of weeks ago, it, along with its Montego cousin, were the ONLY unlocked, regular passenger cars at the show that she actually was comfortable in the back seat. ( No, not for THAT )

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-06-07 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-06-07, 06:00 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
The 500 is no better and I won't get started on my 06 Fusion that has been in the shop 6 of the past 7 weeks-again-still there.
Curious, whats wrong with your Fusion that its been in the shop so many weeks? I was hoping for Ford's sake that they actually meant it all these years when they say they've improved quality.

The 500/Taurus/Whatever the heck you wanna call it need that new 3.5!
Old 02-06-07, 06:08 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Sorry, guys. I can't agree with all this panning, though I do wish that Ford had kept the Five Hundered name.....the Five Hundred is a better car than ANY Taurus I've seen or reviewed ( even the Taurus SHO models ), although the AWD Five Hundred version, despite the CVT, could use a little more engine.

It has been one of my favorite domestics ever since it debuted.....especially the Freestyle version......and when I took my psuedo-girl friend to the D.C. Auto Show a couple of weeks ago, it, along with its Montego cousin, were the ONLY unlocked, regular passenger cars at the show that she actually was comfortable in the back seat. ( No, not for THAT )
Do you think the new 3.5 engine can revive sales of the Five Hundred/Freestyle? They're really decent cars and look pretty good too. The new engine will help them to be more competitive if it's not too late.
Old 02-06-07, 06:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Do you think the new 3.5 engine can revive sales of the Five Hundred/Freestyle? They're really decent cars and look pretty good too. The new engine will help them to be more competitive if it's not too late.
I myself liked the car even with the old engine, but many others didn't. To be honest, though I have not reviewed the new model with the 3.5 L, ( only the old engine ) I sure don't see how it can hurt.

I fully agree with you that they are good cars and not bad looking either...though some people have complained about "conservative" styling.
As a fan of Subarus and particularly the Outback, I especially like the Five Hundered Freestyle version, which, in AWD form, is a slightly larger, Americanized form of the Outback, and has the benefits of the CVT.
Old 02-06-07, 07:45 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm actually driving a rental Ford 500 AWD this week. The current 500 model has the exact same engine as the last Taurus... which is underpowered. The 08 year model will be coming with the new 3.5L unit.... and now they're going to relabel the car a Taurus.

ROTFL.
Call it what you want - its not a great vehicle. Ford is in serious trouble I think with this car. They obviously really, really ran out of money during its development. They borrowed the Volvo S80 platform. They used an old engine. The Premium sound system in my vehicle has integrated Sirius radio.... and 4 speakers - one for each door. The passenger grab handle (on the headliner) and the seatbelt fastener (connected to the seat) have these small black felt pieces glued to them. Why? To stop them rattling against the trim in the car. I've never seen any vehicle glue felt material openly glued to trim material before....

Ford could have produced a great vehicle here. All the great platform work was already done and proven by Volvo. The car is just completely stripped as they must have run out of development budget.
Old 02-06-07, 11:53 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

FORD TAURUS
2008 FORD TAURUS FEATURES MORE POWER, STYLE AND MORE STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES

* New Ford Taurus features more than 500 engineering changes, making it more distinctive, quieter, faster and safer.
* 3.5-liter Duratec V-6 delivers an estimated 260 horsepower – an increase of nearly 30 percent from the previous engine.
* Standard electronic stability control and available all-wheel drive provide confident ride and handling in all weather conditions.
* Ford Sync™ offers new levels of connection, control, simplicity and personalization for electronic devices such as cell phones and MP3 players
* Taurus will reach showrooms this summer.

CHICAGO, Feb. 7, 2007 - The 2008 Ford Taurus features more than 500 improvements that make it more distinctive, quieter, faster and safer. Highlights include new exterior styling, a new powertrain, a new all-wheel-drive system, more standard safety features – including standard electronic stability control – and structural upgrades to further enhance crash protection.

"Customers will find the 2008 Taurus delivers more of what they are looking for, including a strong design, high-quality interior, power and performance, must-have features like Ford Sync and a great safety reputation," said Cisco Codina, Ford's group vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service.

The 2008 Taurus features Ford's 3.5-liter Duratec V-6 that delivers an estimated 260 horsepower – an increase of nearly 30 percent from the previous engine – and 245 pound-feet of torque. It is mated to the same smooth shifting, six-speed automatic transmission as the new Ford Edge.

Importantly to customers, even with more power and performance, the 2008 Taurus delivers real-world fuel economy similar to outgoing Five Hundred – thanks to advancements in powertrain technology.

New exterior design is more emotional, more Ford

The new look of the 2008 Taurus suggests the same proven emotional appeal of the popular Ford Fusion. The new Taurus features the Ford brand's signature three-bar chrome grille, a sculpted hood with crisp accent lines and a new front fascia chamfered at the outer edges, adding more structure to the design.

New taillamps carry a strong, horizontal theme to the rear, while a new rear fascia houses dual chrome-tipped exhausts. Chrome side vents, door handles and mirror caps give the high-line model a more expensive appearance.

Ultra-quiet interior and plush ride

Interior quietness is often associated with a customer's perception of overall quality. For 2008 the Taurus team has delivered interior quietness that rivals many luxury cars. The new sound package includes such technologies as expandable foam pellets in the A-pillars to reduce wind noise and the use of an advanced sound-deadening material called Sonosorb™ in the doors, headliner and pillars. Sonosorb increases sound-deadening efficiency by 20 percent while retaining the same thickness as the material it replaces.

Engineers also reduced road noise by stiffening the area where the rear package shelf meets the floor pan. Even the new climate control system is 50 percent quieter than before.

Taurus's plush, confident ride is further improved for 2008.

Upgrades include revised shock towers that help increase front suspension travel by 10 percent, new dampers and springs in both front and rear, and a revised, retuned rear suspension.

One of the most significant changes is how the engine is mounted in the vehicle. The engine was previously mounted to the front subframe. On the 2008 Taurus, the engine and transmission are bolted to the body with hydraulic mounts to reduce vibration. By moving the roughly 600-pound powerpack off the subframe, engineers were able to better tune the suspension and, ultimately, create an even better ride.

Maximum convenience and space

A large majority of customers shopping in the large car segment place front seat roominess as a key want (86 percent) while many also prioritize cargo capacity (63 percent). Answering these desires, the 2008 Taurus features the most spacious interior of any large sedan, with best-in-class legroom front and rear and 60/40-split fold-flat second-row of seats. With the fold-flat front-passenger seat, items up to nine-feet long can fit inside.

Taurus also offers a number of must-have technologies. In addition to a standard auxiliary audio input jack, available convenience features include a voice-activated navigation system, a DVD entertainment system and factory-installed SIRIUS® satellite radio.

Ford Sync™ is also available on the new 2008 Ford Taurus. Sync is a voice-activated hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system which fully-integrates mobile phones and digital media players. The Sync in-car communications system was developed in collaboration with Microsoft and will be offered exclusively on 12 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products in North America beginning this year.

Building on safety leadership

Research routinely demonstrates that safety features are at the top of customers shopping lists. For example, nearly 70 percent of shoppers are interested in side air bags and 65 percent are interested in electronic stability control. Both are standard on the new 2008 Taurus.

With these standard features, the 2008 Ford Taurus is expected to be segment leader in safety, capable of achieving five stars ratings in all four categories for the U.S. government's crash tests.

Ford's AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control system can predict the vehicle's intentions using a sensor to detect and measure oversteer and yaw by monitoring the vehicle's speed, throttle position and steering wheel angle. When the system senses wheel slip, engine torque is reduced and braking is applied where needed to help keep the car tracking safely on its intended path.

Additional standard safety equipment includes dual-stage driver and passenger front air bags, seat-deployed side air bags for driver and front passenger, and Ford's Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags for both rows. For an added measure of safety, a new steering wheel design recesses the air bag 15 millimeters farther away from the driver.

About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures and distributes automobiles in 200 markets across six continents. With about 300,000 employees and more than 100 plants worldwide, the company's core and affiliated automotive brands include Aston Martin, Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury and Volvo. Its automotive-related services include Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.fordvehicles.com.
###

FORD TAURUS X
FORD STRENGTHENS CROSSOVER LEADERSHIP WITH INTRODUCTION OF NEW 2008 TAURUS X

* 2008 Ford Taurus X is a full-size crossover with three rows of seating and Ford Edge-inspired exterior styling.
* Must-have features include one-touch, flip-and-fold second-row seating and an available power rear liftgate.
* 44 percent better acceleration than the outgoing Freestyle, thanks to new 3.5-liter V-6 and six-speed-automatic transmission.
* Standard electronic stability control and available all-wheel drive provide confident ride and handling in all weather conditions.
* Ford Sync™ offers new levels of connection, control, simplicity and personalization for electronic devices such as cell phones and MP3 players.
* New Taurus X will reach showrooms late this summer.

CHICAGO, Feb. 7, 2007 - Unveiled today at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show, the 2008 Ford Taurus X is a full-size crossover that offers three rows of seating, a powerful 3.5-liter V-6 engine with six-speed automatic transmission and a long list of standard safety equipment – including side curtain air bags and AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control.

Innovative convenience features on the Taurus X include one-touch, flip-and-fold second-row seating and an available power rear liftgate.

The 2008 Taurus X will reach dealer showrooms in late summer 2007.

"The three-row Taurus X is a key element in o ur broad crossover lineup and is a great complement to the popular, two-row Ford Edge," says Cisco Codina, Ford's group vice president of North America Marketing, Sales and Service. "Like Edge, the new Taurus X delivers confident design, good power and handling, and plenty of standard safety equipment. With Taurus X, customers get a roomy, interior that is flexible, functional and comfortable – in all three rows."

Bold, new look inspired by the Ford Edge

The exterior design of the Taurus X picks up design cues from the Ford Edge, including the

step-up headlamps and distinctive Ford three-bar chrome grille. The Taurus X also features a restyled hood, newly shaped front fenders and fascia along with headlamps and fog lamps mounted in new chrome surrounds.

Taurus X sports a new rear fascia, Fusion-inspired taillamps, chrome dual exhaust tips and an available reverse sensing system. A new roof rack up top features a tougher, more rugged design.

Also available for the first time on Taurus X is an Eddie Bauer branded series. Ford's relationship with Eddie Bauer over the last two decades has proven to be very popular with customers with a nearly 40 percent take rate of the series on both the Ford Explorer and Expedition. The Eddie Bauer series includes a unique two-tone paint scheme, standard 18-inch, five-spoke aluminum wheels, wiper activated headlamps and an Eddie Bauer badge.

Innovations improve an already versatile interior

The 2008 Taurus X delivers the interior space and convenience features that customers shopping for a three-row crossovers are known to prioritize. Two new features set Taurus X apart: one-touch, flip-and-fold second row seats that provide easy access to the third row and an available power rear liftgate. Controls for the power liftgate are located on the center console, rear cargo area and on the key fob.

With the Taurus X, the interior is as large and comfortable as it is flexible. It is available in 5- and 7-passenger configurations and offers exceptional visibility and space for all passengers because of the stadium style seating that places the third row higher than the second row.

It can haul cargo as well. With the second and third row folded flat, Taurus X offers 85.2 cu. ft. of cargo space behind the first row. Fold the front passenger seat flat and Taurus X can accommodate items up to nine feet long.

Must-have features include an available voice activated DVD-based navigation system and SIRIUS satellite radio. For entertainment, rear seat passengers can enjoy an available DVD player with a large, eight-inch screen and a clearer, brighter picture.

Taurus X is also one of 12 new Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products to offer Ford Sync™ – a voice-activated, hands-free, in-car communications and entertainment system. Developed in collaboration with Microsoft, this Ford-exclusive system fully integrates mobile phones and digital media players into the vehicle.

New powertrain transforms Taurus X

At the heart of the 2008 Taurus X is Ford's 3.5-liter Duratec 35 V-6 engine. It delivers an estimated 260 horsepower – an increase of nearly 30 percent over the previous engine. To manage the additional power and deliver sharper performance, the continuously variable transmission has been replaced with a six-speed-automatic gearbox that was developed in tandem with the Duratec 35.

Even with the increase in power and torque, the 2008 Taurus X is expected to post real-world fuel economy numbers similar to the 2007 Freestyle, thanks to a more efficient powertrain and technologies like a fuel-saving electric power steering system. Final numbers, measured under the new-for-2008 EPA standards, will be released closer the vehicle's on-sale date.

Taurus X's available intelligent all-wheel-drive system, new for 2008, is less complex than the system it replaces and similar to the Ford Edge AWD system. It incorporates an active, on-demand electro-mechanical center coupler to allocate a precise amount of torque from front to rear, up to 100 percent to either axle. This system can also anticipate wheel slip before it happens. Under heavy acceleration, for example, the system will proactively allocate torque to the rear wheels before the front wheels begin to slip.

Taurus X features a long list of standard safety features
Taurus X is expected to earn five star ratings in all four categories of government crash tests, giving it leadership in passive safety. In terms of active safety, every 2008 Taurus X has standard anti-lock brakes and AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control, a feature nearly 70 percent of car shoppers are interested in according to Ford customer research.

The AdvanceTrac system can predict the vehicle's path using a sensor to detect and measure oversteer and yaw by monitoring the vehicle's speed, throttle position and steering wheel angle. When the system senses wheel slip or the loss of traction, the system reduces engine torque and applies braking where needed to keep the car tracking safely on its intended path.

The 2008 Taurus X features standard dual-stage driver and passenger front air bags, seat-deployed side air bags for driver and front passenger and Ford's Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags for all three rows. The advance side air curtains feature "roll-fold" technology to enhance protection during an extended crash event. New reinforcements in the foot well area provide for better crash protection, while side impact protection is improved with pressurized crash sensors in the doors and redesigned interior door panels.

The rise of the crossover segment

Crossovers are part of the fastest-growing vehicle segment in the United States, outpacing even the remarkable growth SUVs achieved in the 1990s. CUVs surpassed traditional SUV sales for the first time last year, and they are on the way to 3 million sales annually by the decade's end.

Two distinct consumer trends have helped fuel the explosive growth of the CUV segment: car buyers seeking more spacious and flexible interiors along with the security of all-wheel drive, and traditional SUV buyers seeking more maneuverable and fuel-efficient vehicles that still make an active lifestyle possible.

The three-row Taurus X will complement the sporty and popular two-row, five-passenger Ford Edge in the lineup. To further underscore Ford's commitment to leadership, the two crossovers will be joined by yet another large Ford crossover – based on the Ford Fairlane concept vehicle – which will debut later this year and go on sale in 2008.

About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures and distributes automobiles in 200 markets across six continents. With about 300,000 employees and more than 100 plants worldwide, the company's core and affiliated automotive brands include Aston Martin, Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury and Volvo. Its automotive-related services include Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.fordvehicles.com.
###

MERCURY SABLE
MERCURY SABLE RETURNS TO SHOWROOMS WITH MORE POWER, STYLE AND SOPHISTICATION

* Unique designs features inside and out set the 2008 Mercury Sable apart in the marketplace.
* Modern, refined interior features include unique trim options and two-tone seating surfaces with contrast stitching.
* Available convenience and entertainment features include DVD navigation, SIRIUS® satellite radio and Ford Sync™.
* New Sable has 30 percent more power than the outgoing Montego thanks to standard Duratec 35 V-6 and six-speed automatic transmission
* New 2008 Mercury Sable to reach showrooms this summer.

CHICAGO, Feb. 7, 2007 - Unveiled today at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show, the new 2008 Mercury Sable offers customers a sophisticated new look inside and out, a significantly quieter cabin, a more plush ride and a more powerful 3.5-liter V-6.

"Mercury products are aimed at winning over new customers who value distinct touches, and this new Sable is sure to impress with a more refined interior design and jewel-like details throughout," says Cisco Codina, Ford's group vice president of North America Marketing, Sales and Service.

"Mercury has a great deal of momentum right now, with a fresh lineup including the redesigned Mariner small SUV and popular Milan sedan. The new Sable will help continue this momentum," Codina adds.

Sophisticated style brings the exterior to life

Sable's modern, distinctive look builds on the clean, modern design themes first introduced on the Mercury Mountaineer and that were further refined on the Milan and new Mariner.

"Mercury customers tend to have a more unique sense of style," says Moray Callum, director, Ford Car Design. "They have come to expect a different level of sophistication and refinement in the surface development, paint finishes and details like satin aluminum."

Sable's clean, integrated front-end design centers on Mercury's signature satin aluminum waterfall grille flanked by exquisitely detailed, jeweled projector beam headlamps that sweep up over the front fenders. Additional visual highlights at the front of vehicle include new chrome surrounds for the fog lamps and bright, satin aluminum caps on the side mirrors.

Sable's distinctive LED taillamps feature a predominantly white lens with red accent stripes. The new rear fascia has a cutout for the chrome-tips on the dual exhaust system, a visual cue that suggests more power under the hood. A chrome strip on the bottom edge of the deck lid provides a finishing touch.

Cool and expressive accents sharpen the interior

Complementing the clean exterior, a core attribute of Mercury design is a modern, airy interior. With Sable, this design direction comes to life in two-tone interior trim with unique accents. Customers preferring a more technical appearance, for example, can opt for Cyber Carbon, a deep, high-gloss accent that resembles carbon fiber. Alternatively, two modern wood grain accents – Guitar Maple or San Macassar – are available.

Standard cloth seats wear an updated and modern graphic design while the Premier Series offers supple two-tone leather seats detailed with contrast stitching and featuring a new, more modern, perforated pattern. The rectangular shapes of the perforations are placed farther apart for a more progressive, contemporary look. The same pattern is repeated on the door panels.

Customers attracted to clean, contemporary Mercury design are also very sophisticated in their technology needs. The 2008 Sable offers the right connection for driver and passenger alike.

In addition to a standard auxiliary audio input jack, available convenience features include a voice-activated navigation system, a DVD entertainment system and factory-installed SIRIUS® satellite radio and Ford Sync™, a voice-activated hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system which fully-integrates mobile phones and digital media players.

A comfortable, quiet driving experience

A completely revised sound package gives the new Sable interior quietness that rivals many luxury cars. Technologies like expandable foam pellets in the A-Pillars and improved sound-deadening material in the doors, headliner and pillars help reduce interior noise levels

Sable's quiet and confident ride is delivered in part by a revised MacPherson-strut front suspension with 10 percent more travel, new dampers and spring rates, and a retuned independent coil-over rear suspension. A new power steering system uses an intelligent electric pump to provide extra steering assist for such tasks as parking, and dials down the assist when it's not needed, for example, when cruising on the freeway.

Sable features an award-winner, 3.5-liter V-6 engine and a sharp, six-speed transmission. The Duratec 35 engine makes an estimated 260 horsepower, a nearly 30 percent increase over the outgoing Duratec 30, and 245 pound-feet of torque.

The available all-wheel-drive system – similar to the system used on the new Mercury Mariner – features an electronically-controlled center coupling that can distribute exact amounts of torque from front to rear, up to 100 percent to either axle.

The 2008 Mercury Sable's real-world fuel economy, even with the additional power and performance, is expected to be similar to the outgoing Montego model – thanks mainly to advancements in powertrain technology.

A clever, safe choice

The new Sable is expected to be a segment leader in safety, capable of achieving five stars in all four categories for the U.S. government's crash tests.

AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control system is standard on all Sable models. Additional standard safety features includes dual-stage driver and passenger front air bags, seat-deployed side air bags for driver and front passenger, and Ford's Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags for both rows of seats. A new steering wheel design recesses the airbag 15 millimeters farther away from the driver, for an added measure of safety.

About Ford Motor Company
Old 02-07-07, 03:08 AM
94lex83457
Lead Lap

This is rediculous, everybody at Ford is incompetent. Their engineers blow, the designers are a joke, (and I like the freestyle) and the marketing department should be shot, and i'm in marketing.

The image I get when I hear Taurus is my friend's GLX (or whatever top of the range POS) which had it's transmission die at 130K miles.
When I think of a Sable, I don't think of a smooth soft animal skin, I think of a sad old grandma who wasted her pension.

...AND WHAT THE BLOODY F***ING H3LL IS WITH THE THREE BAR GRILL?!?!?!?!
Old 02-07-07, 08:13 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can the Taurus be more boring and ugly? I mean, the Camry is boring and ugly but it at least isn't nauseating...

Ford was doing good with fresh design studies with the Edge and Fusion, but the Taurus definately marks a different aspect in design. It's a blend of what they were (which sucked) with what they want to be (only the grill keeps it in the Ford family design), and the outcome as bland as a... uh... a Taurus...
Old 02-07-07, 08:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Can the Taurus be more boring and ugly? I mean, the Camry is boring and ugly but it at least isn't nauseating...

Ford was doing good with fresh design studies with the Edge and Fusion, but the Taurus definately marks a different aspect in design. It's a blend of what they were (which sucked) with what they want to be (only the grill keeps it in the Ford family design), and the outcome as bland as a... uh... a Taurus...
I find it just the opposite.
The Fusion, I agree, is not bad looking, but the Edge is definitely not my cup of tea......the Escape, which it replaces, IMO was FAR better looking.
Old 02-07-07, 08:39 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
Curious, whats wrong with your Fusion that its been in the shop so many weeks? I was hoping for Ford's sake that they actually meant it all these years when they say they've improved quality.

The 500/Taurus/Whatever the heck you wanna call it need that new 3.5!

Just a partial list from delivery in sept 2006 and now at 36500 miles

1) Transmission replaced early on. Still has a bad multi-jerk if your manually drop a gear.
2) 2 times for hesitation, ECU flashed. Fixed some of it. Still a real issue with car running on 3 cyclinders at times. Ford says-it's within spec
3) A/C high pressure line burst-of course during summer
4) Stereo replaced-4 week backorder
5) Both front door speakers replaced
6) Front door interior handle replaced-chrome peeling
7) Clunk in suspension. Rear brake hardware repaired
8) Rear bumper very loose- Fords said ,"WITHIN SPEC."
9) Battery replaced
10) Car will not start when cold problem-3 times now. Ford cannot find the problem, Within spec!
11) A/C clunk/grind when engaged. Ford-,"within spec." Over 40+ cars in my life and this is the loudest clunk of any of them but it is within spec according to Ford. Of couse now it is out of warranty

The sad part-the Fusion COULD be a nice car if not for Ford building it. Has plenty of pickup from it's 6 speed auto, handles well, brakes ok, interior is nice.

There are more items as well that currently elude me

Oh, and the 07 Mustange Convertible I received as a rental for one month. Only 3k miles on it. Stalled twice on me. gas guage inoperative. Very loose kick panel that keeps popin out.

Currently have a 07 Expedition for a rental
2k miles on it.
Kick panel pops out on this one as well.
Drivers power seat inoperative most of the time in fore and aft movement.

Ford-,"Built Ford Tough!" MY A%%
Old 02-07-07, 10:37 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Ford-,"Built Ford Tough!" MY A%%
Ford - Fix Or Repair Daily
F*#er Only Rolls Downhill
F*#ed Over Rebuilt Dodge
Found On the Road Dead

Did I miss any?
Old 02-07-07, 12:32 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

What gets me is how much is this going to cost Ford... It's no easy task to just up and change the name of the car. I'm sure that they had eleventy billion "500" badges made up. And I'm sure, that all the Taurus badges were axed when they killed it the first time around... so, what does that mean? They probably had to spend all that money all over again to remake the badges and all the badged parts inside the vehicle. It's a dumbass move from a company that has started to make a fame of making dumbass moves... Let's see how this pans out... It probably won't have a good outcome.
Old 02-09-07, 09:54 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

500 owners are hating on Ford-for good reason. Not that many even like the 500 to begin with it seems. I sure know how a few of them feel.
http://www.myford500.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8351
Old 02-09-07, 06:41 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

How come the Ford, GM, and Chrysler can never stick to a name? They can never get it right the first time.

Notice Japanese and German automakers typically stick with their names for decades.

They (U.S.) have all these exec's making millions a year approving mistake after mistake.
Old 02-09-07, 08:05 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is their "BOLD MOVES". What a bunch of clowns think by doing this will help turn Ford around.

Quick Reply: The Taurus is back! (Taurus, Taurus X, and Sable)