Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Wealthy Consumers Rate Cadillac, Lexus & Acura the Best in Customer Experience . . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 08:18 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Wealthy Consumers Rate Cadillac, Lexus & Acura the Best in Customer Experience . . .

Luxury Institute Survey: Wealthy Consumers Rate Cadillac, Lexus and Acura the Luxury Auto Brands That Deliver the Best Customer Experience in 2007

NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- February 05, 2007 -- Luxury automobile owners rated Cadillac a solid first place as the brand that delivers the best customer experience in the 2007 Luxury Customer Experience Index (LCEI) survey of Automobiles from the independent New York-based Luxury Institute (www.LuxuryInstitute.com). Lexus and Acura placed second and third, respectively.

Here is what wealthy owners had to say about why they recommend Cadillac:

-- “Vehicle's looks, comfort, service, performance, and reliability, as
well as great people at the dealers.”
-- “Beautiful car, excellent value and friendly service.”
-- “My dealer experience was excellent. Cadillac is the best of
everything.”

"It is significant to see American icon Cadillac rise solidly to achieve the number one rating with highly discerning wealthy owners in our impartial surveys," said Milton Pedraza, CEO of the Luxury Institute. Brands rated, in alphabetical order, included: Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercedes, and Volvo.

The proprietary Luxury Customer Experience Index (LCEI) survey is the only measure of the customer experience of leading brands to wealthy Americans. A national sample of wealthy American consumers, with a minimum household income of $150,000, was surveyed online. Survey results are weighted to match demographic and net worth profiles of the same audience according to the latest Survey of Consumer Finances from The Federal Reserve.

About the Luxury Institute

The Luxury Institute is the uniquely independent and impartial ratings and research institution that is the trusted and respected voice of the high net-worth consumer. The Institute provides a portfolio of proprietary publications and research that guides and educates high net-worth individuals and the companies that cater to them on leading edge trends, high net-worth consumer rankings and ratings of luxury brands, and best practices. Publications include the monthly Wealth Report, the Luxury Brand Status Index surveys, the Luxury Best Practices surveys, the Luxury Consumer Experience Index surveys and the Luxury Website Effectiveness Index surveys.
Source : http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release...ease_id=210784
Old 02-06-07, 08:21 AM
LexFather

Kudos to Caddy, Lexus and Acura.

Old 02-06-07, 08:32 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice to hear about it.

Caddy does have a good service program. Their cars however...
Old 02-06-07, 08:34 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

The experience is definitely a huge part of prestige luxury.
Old 02-06-07, 09:02 AM
scrapp
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These people obviously dont know what their talking about. I smell smuged numbers.

I worked at cadillac for over 2 years. Not a happy sight at all. The cars were the biggest peice of ****s ever with almost every common problem you can think of, running through EVERY model, as well as a few expensive repairs always happening.
Customers happy? Yea right, LOTS of pissed off people.

Buuuut, maybe it was just me, because the world says that cadillac is the upmost best luxury car
Old 02-06-07, 10:15 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

congrat to all of them.. doesn't matter what brand you're with, customer satisfaction is important.
Old 02-06-07, 01:25 PM
jmaynard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't speak to Cadillac or Acura, but the Lexus experience is why I didn't hesitate to buy a second one when the time came.
Old 02-06-07, 01:31 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by scrapp
These people obviously dont know what their talking about. I smell smuged numbers.

I worked at cadillac for over 2 years. Not a happy sight at all. The cars were the biggest peice of ****s ever with almost every common problem you can think of, running through EVERY model, as well as a few expensive repairs always happening.
Customers happy? Yea right, LOTS of pissed off people.

Buuuut, maybe it was just me, because the world says that cadillac is the upmost best luxury car
Were you working at the cadillac dealership when they were selling the new CTS, new redesigned STS, and SRX. These cars are supposedly more reliable then the older fwd models and I think Cadillac is supposed to have put a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and experience with these new models. Another thing to consider is the rebates and discounts and deals offered on GM cars like Cadillacs and how many people are getting great deals on these cars. My friends dad got his wife a caddy cts for 8K under sticker with discounts and is very happy with the deal, maybe even more happy with the deal then the actual car.

If someone is able to get a 40K car for 31K-33K they maybe so happy that they got it at that price that they may not be all that dissapointed with a few problems as long as they are taken care of as opposed to someone who had to pay MSRP or near it for a luxury brand because the dealers would not budge on the pricing and when something even minor goes wrong with the car it is an extra smack in the face.

Even though current Cadillacs are not really impressing me, though the new CTS at the auto show looks pretty nice, I know alot of people who have bought new ones and are very happy with their purchase especially at the price they got them at.

Good job to Cadillac, Lexus, and Acura. The German brands have to step up their game with reliability and customer satisfaction it looks like.

Last edited by UDel; 02-06-07 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-06-07, 01:40 PM
scrapp
Driver

yes, I quit in mid 06. CTS, SRX,STS...these new cars are not safe from the common problems of cadillac/GM, they still happen.
Old 02-06-07, 07:24 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

First question ..... has anybody ever heard of The Luxury Institute? No? That's because it is pretty much a sham. It's an organ that is in the business to promote a product to the highest bidder. It's an advertising gimmick. A few years ago they rated the 'best' watches, only the watches selected weren't in the top category. They were second, third, and lower tier brands. When questioned about it they said that the Super Luxury level (or some such survey) was coming out covering those brands. Huh?

Take it with a grain of salt. It's just advertising.
Old 02-06-07, 07:28 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Weird how Lexus would need advertising for customer service. Usually they do well in that department without any help
Old 02-06-07, 07:34 PM
scrapp
Driver

Thankyou, someone who knows what im talking about!

I promise you, I remember in 05, when toyota took over 2% or somesuch of the stockmarket, of caddys market, I forgot all the numbers, but it was JUST before the big layoff by GM.

I got first hand look at GM/caddy/customers/behind the scene info and numbers, and I can PROMISE YOU, that caddy has NO GRASP - WHATSOEVER, on lexus. caddy is like that 5yr old who cant color in the lines compared to lexus.
Now if they said that BMW/mercedes was the top, and infinity/lexus was 2nd, THAT I could belive. but im telling you, this is just some propaganda to try and get caddy more footholes, you would try something similar if your company only looked 2 years in advance for new models and technology, when your biggest competitor (lexus/toyota) looks 15 years into the future.
Old 02-07-07, 01:35 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg
Weird how Lexus would need advertising for customer service. Usually they do well in that department without any help
My personal opinion is that is all in the past. Not that Lexus doesn't have good customer service, but that they can't rely on word of mouth alone. Lexus customer service is no longer great across the board. There are a bad Lexus dealers and service departments out there. Also, The competition has step up their game as well.
Old 02-07-07, 01:46 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in my book - lexus is the only one that should be on that list. acuras still have a lot of hard plastic in them and caddys- should only be in rap videos.

haha jk. but not by much.
Old 02-07-07, 02:10 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cliffud
in my book - lexus is the only one that should be on that list. acuras still have a lot of hard plastic in them and caddys- should only be in rap videos.

haha jk. but not by much.

I don't think the study is rating the build quality of the cars itself, but of the customers experience with the brand.

Quick Reply: Wealthy Consumers Rate Cadillac, Lexus & Acura the Best in Customer Experience . . .