ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Celsior VS Fuga VS Legacy VS S Type (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/245786-celsior-vs-fuga-vs-legacy-vs-s-type.html)

MrIan 10-27-06 10:55 PM

Celsior VS Fuga VS Legacy VS S Type

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2VhJVGgd7JI

The celsior holds up pretty well for its size...:thumbup:
Enjoy

Mr Johnson 10-28-06 07:13 AM

Nah. The only reason it "holds up" is that he started in the lead and then "holds up" the rest of the cars. As soon as they got around him they were gone.

I'm shocked the Legacy STI had the best lap time. That thing can handle.

shyguy16 10-28-06 09:04 AM

uhmmm...why are they comparing 3 luxury cruisers to a hi-perf manual equipped family sedan?

MPLexus301 10-28-06 09:35 AM

Interesting choice of cars to compare. Full size luxury sedan, N/A midsize sport sedan, Supercharged luxury sedan, and 5spd manual family car?

What sort of package did that LS have on it? Just aerodynamic upgrades or was the engine modified as well? If it was stock, it didn't seem to me that the Jag's 100HP advantage did it much good. M45 moves nicely around the track though, I must say.

GSteg 10-28-06 09:46 AM

Awesome video. The VSC beep keeps on turning on in the Toyota. hehe. I'm dissappointed in the jaguar though. Maybe the track was a bit too tight for it to use it's full power.

LexFather 10-28-06 10:05 AM

That Subie is hot!

UberNoob 10-28-06 10:57 AM

although Subaru Legacy is a nice performing car, it still rides a bit too rough in the real world daily driving, unlike the 3 other cars
and as shyguy16 said, this test doesnt make sense...

i dont understand japanese
but i do understand one sound in the video
'BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!"
lol

GFerg 10-28-06 11:26 AM

Was the Celsior supercharged??

DASHOCKER 10-28-06 02:22 PM

That Celsior/LS suprised me. Out accelerating and out handeling a Fuga/M45:eek2: That can't be stock.:uh:

Faraaz23 10-28-06 02:46 PM

I'm fairly positive that Celsior was supercharged. It had the typical supercharger whine and I'm also pretty positive TOM's sells a supercharger for that car.

PureDrifter 10-28-06 04:30 PM

yea, the Celsior was modified, it was the Tom's F070M Celsior. Mods include the Hyper Compressor Kit, Advox fully adjustable coilovers, ALL of Tom's suspensions bracing for the UCF31, and full Tom's bodykit.

video here

94lex83457 10-28-06 08:40 PM

why didn't they use a Honda Legend (RL) for the Subi spot.

Nextourer 10-28-06 09:16 PM

couple of things

Why does the STi have the navigation screen showing? lol

How come the Fuga doesn't have auto-dimming mirrors?

16psibrick 10-31-06 05:28 PM

i think its suppose to showcase how well the Legacy GT STI car can do against cars with as much as 140 MORE HP on a road course :)

the funny thing is the STI is not modded, about 2k worth of mods would put that car to be close to 300hp and 310 ft/lbs, and would be a better match on the long straights, not to mention starting in the back with a slower accelerating car hurt it to begin with (he botched the launch for sure hehe) , i would venture to say if the STI started outfront, it would probably stay that way since its best lap time was a second quicker than the fuga hehe

by the legacy, since i own one, is not a tuned sport sedan with no luxuries...we've got nav, four way heated seats, power everything, dual zone climate, etc etc ;)

LexFather 10-31-06 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 16psibrick (Post 2214566)
i think its suppose to showcase how well the Legacy GT STI car can do against cars with as much as 140 MORE HP on a road course :)

the funny thing is the STI is not modded, about 2k worth of mods would put that car to be close to 300hp and 310 ft/lbs, and would be a better match on the long straights, not to mention starting in the back with a slower accelerating car hurt it to begin with (he botched the launch for sure hehe) , i would venture to say if the STI started outfront, it would probably stay that way since its best lap time was a second quicker than the fuga hehe

by the legacy, since i own one, is not a tuned sport sedan with no luxuries...we've got nav, four way heated seats, power everything, dual zone climate, etc etc ;)

Welcome, most of us here are big fans of the Legacy......B-Spec for me please!