Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Which kind of driver are you?
I drive fast & aggressive everyday [Cutting in and out of traffic]
5.60%
I drive fast & aggressive occasionally
21.98%
I drive fast but usually stay to one to two lanes only
56.47%
I drive at the speed limit but change lane when front slows down
13.79%
I obey the law at all cost
2.16%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of freeway driver are you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-06, 11:15 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do some of you dont pass on the right? What if very left lane is doing 70 and second from the left is doing 69, second from the right is empty with a car infront about 3 car length ahead doing about 65 and most right lane has a car doing 62. What do you do? Wait for the 70 to get ahead of the 69? I sure cant stand that.
Old 09-07-06, 02:58 PM
Mazinger
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive rather slow, almost always at 80Kmh, speed up to avoid the big rigs, I used to drive rather aggressively when I had the bimmer, now with the benz I'm a really laid back kind of guy. Actually I mostly drive slow to conserve on the fuel, also because I don't feel confident speeding in this car with its slippery 195 tires.
Old 09-07-06, 04:08 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mazinger
I drive rather slow, almost always at 80Kmh, speed up to avoid the big rigs, I used to drive rather aggressively when I had the bimmer, now with the benz I'm a really laid back kind of guy. Actually I mostly drive slow to conserve on the fuel, also because I don't feel confident speeding in this car with its slippery 195 tires.
UAE. How is it over there? Traffic jam? Cops? If there was an IS back in Indonesia... I would drive aggressively like crazy, there are no highway patrols over there.
Old 09-07-06, 05:43 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

I'm usually 10-15mph over, but i'm very curteous of other drivers and don't weave in and out of traffic. I used to be a pretty aggressive driver when i was 18-22, but now i'm pretty conservative.

I justify my speeding by practicing levels of "situational awareness" that could probably be considered obsessive-compulsive. I feel that more accidents are caused by inattentive zombie drivers and cell phone users than speeders.
Old 09-07-06, 06:41 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I drive pretty fast everytime I hit the highway, between 75-90. I try to be courteous though. I will weave in and out through traffic if there are a bunch of slowpokes in front of me. Some people just don't understand they should be over in the right lanes if they wanna drive slow. I am always concious of others though. I enjoy driving and really wish we had an Autobahn where we can drive as fast as we want.

Good thread topic. I don't remember it being asked before.
Old 09-08-06, 12:27 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Maan.. an Autobahn in the US? That would make US the super heaven for driving cars.

This thread popped out of my mind when I read someone's post about 3 weeks ago saying "Lexus drivers are slow drivers" or something like that, so I just wanted to know if that's true.
Old 09-08-06, 06:08 AM
Mazinger
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hartawan
UAE. How is it over there? Traffic jam? Cops? If there was an IS back in Indonesia... I would drive aggressively like crazy, there are no highway patrols over there.
It depends on where you are going, my ex-work was somewhere in the desert, so I used to drive 100km everyday without stopping. most people of course work in the city, and traffic there is a nightmare, Idle for 95% of the time and move a meter or 2 forward. its really very very bad, in some cities there are a lot of cops and in others...... nil, same with radars.

I really don't like to go anywhere because everywhere i want to go to is stuck with cars.
Old 09-08-06, 11:22 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Maan.. an Autobahn in the US? That would make US the super heaven for driving cars.

This thread popped out of my mind when I read someone's post about 3 weeks ago saying "Lexus drivers are slow drivers" or something like that, so I just wanted to know if that's true.
We can't use an Autobahn correctly. Our drivers ed system can't handle it.
Old 09-08-06, 12:35 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mazinger
...most people of course work in the city, and traffic there is a nightmare, Idle for 95% of the time and move a meter or 2 forward. its really very very bad, in some cities there are a lot of cops and in others...... nil, same with radars...
Yeah almost the same in indonesia, the horrible thing about it is that they made a "busway" to an already small road (3 lanes to 2) and the lanes over there are equivalent to about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lanes here in the US. Big bus, cars, motorcycles, people carrying carts, and Bajai (or TukTuk) all into these 2 small lanes.

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
We can't use an Autobahn correctly. Our drivers ed system can't handle it.
Agreed. I dont get how some people drive over here... when they see an open lane, they take it, but they stay at the same speed. People should learn that when you change lane, you should speed up and pass then get back to their original lane if theyre going slow.
Old 09-08-06, 08:12 PM
LXBOY
Driver

Default Cruzngs

Is my new Vanity plates of my gs430. SO i guess I'll be crusing at 65 or 70mph. I just like to enjoy cushy ride it has to offer. I have a toyota pick up for daily driving and lifted for offroading... so l like the smooth ride once in a while. ahahhahaaa
Old 09-08-06, 09:02 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive fast but usually limit it to the #1 and #2 lanes. Nothing crazy. I've been in an accident that totalled my last car so I'm now a bit more cautious. I didn't cause the accident but I've learned that while I may think I'm a good/safe driver I can't control the moron in the car next to me.
Old 09-09-06, 08:47 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Down here, I am pretty insane. I take my RX well up to 90 to 100 on the beltway we have down here.
Old 09-09-06, 03:40 PM
LexFather

I always use my signal but get the hell outta my way when I am in the fast lane. And when I see lights coming up behind me, I get the hell out the way.

Old 09-09-06, 10:57 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

2 months w/ driver's license and no ticket
Usually, i cruise at 75 on the freeway, but going to school everyday, there's always a bottle neck on the 56 so there is some crazy cutting off action there
Old 09-09-06, 11:03 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tuan92129
2 months w/ driver's license and no ticket
Usually, i cruise at 75 on the freeway, but going to school everyday, there's always a bottle neck on the 56 so there is some crazy cutting off action there
Oh man don't ever say that, you might jinx yourself. Ive been having my license for almost a year + 6 months permit. I'm not what you call a slow driver either, unless I am really out of the mood of driving I cruise at the speed limit or 5 above. I cant stand people passing me.

Quick Reply: What kind of freeway driver are you?