Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dealership Doesn't Like Deal, Takes Car Back

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 04:23 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As someone else mentioned, I wonder if they have local authorities paid off. If so, this could go veryyyy deep. With soo many complaints, I'm wondering why state attorney general isn't doing anything... do they not care or did no one ever bother filing a complaint with them?
Old 08-01-06, 04:30 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
As someone else mentioned, I wonder if they have local authorities paid off. If so, this could go veryyyy deep. With soo many complaints, I'm wondering why state attorney general isn't doing anything... do they not care or did no one ever bother filing a complaint with them?
Could you just imagine what your local authorities would do if you trade your car in and then decide the dealer didn't give you enough money for it and you took a spare set of keys and went back late that night to the dealer and drove the trade in home? Maybe a civil case? Ridiculous. Like I said, the dealer has bought and paid for the local authorities IMO.
Old 08-02-06, 11:00 AM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

this is why we need to allow manufacturers to sell direct to the public like other countries and over turn that stupid law from the 20's 30's that allow these scum suckers to have a monopoly on car dealerships. All dealers do is add markup with no "value added", very anti-consumer law, cars in the US cost more than they have to becaues of these dolts.

The sad thing is, GM can't even punish the dealer with anything but allocation decreases.

Too bad this didn't happen in Texas, you can legally blow his head off for stealing your property

Last edited by toy4two; 08-02-06 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-02-06, 11:13 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is exactly why i stopped selling cars. i had just gotten laid off from my first job and needed a job badly so I went down to my local honda dealership (silly me) and got a job selling cars.

there was so much BS going on that I had to get out. we were taking TVs as 'cash down payments' on cars, marking up car prices like crazy, preventing customers from leaving by keeping their keys after test driving their car, etc...

now I work for a dot-com company as a product manager and I will NEVER buy a brand new car or a used car from a dealership.
Old 08-02-06, 11:20 AM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
How about factory-owned dealerships?.......or those that operate under tight factory policies like at Saturn? Saturn dealerships, to date, have been the only ones selling low-priced cars that generally rank up with Lexus and Infiniti dealers in customer satisfaction.
that philisophy went out the window when the Saturn Sky hit the lots, all those years of hard work building image destroyed by precisely the type of people they wanted to attract, import converts. Saturn can have their sky and enjoy bankruptcy with the rest of GM. I tried to get on a list for the Sky Redline and was told, oh you HAVE TO PURCHASE XM, YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THE LEATHER, basically they are forcing you to take options I don't want. When I asked for the color she told me, you can't request a color. BS. Not all Saturn dealers are forcing you to take fully loaded cars, all of San Diego dealers are, she told me on the original Sky you had to get the paint coating (wax) and car cover (all for stupid markups). I don't play that game.

Lexus is the only brand that treats its customer's like gold and why Toyota keeps winning award after award, and making insane profits.

Last edited by toy4two; 08-02-06 at 11:26 AM.