Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2006 Its official.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 11:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you thought about asking the dealership to do something? I sometimes wonder whether it has to do with dealership data entry, as when we got our LS the dealer misspelled a name, and since then the magazines and some letters have arrived with the misspelt name. Calling the dealership to correct the error resulted in dealer-sent notices ('Inside Track" etc.) being spelled correctly, but not everything from Lexus corporate. So maybe getting the dealership to enter into the system and get you on a Lexus magazine list, or mailing list, may be useful...

I really hope Taste of Lexus this year is an improvement over last. I did enjoy the food, but I thought the setup was not very good this past time around. It was also too noisy, and there were way too many kids...to the point where I thought perhaps having a daycare tent would have been necessary!
Old 07-21-06, 12:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
Have you thought about asking the dealership to do something? I sometimes wonder whether it has to do with dealership data entry, as when we got our LS the dealer misspelled a name, and since then the magazines and some letters have arrived with the misspelt name. Calling the dealership to correct the error resulted in dealer-sent notices ('Inside Track" etc.) being spelled correctly, but not everything from Lexus corporate. So maybe getting the dealership to enter into the system and get you on a Lexus magazine list, or mailing list, may be useful...

I really hope Taste of Lexus this year is an improvement over last. I did enjoy the food, but I thought the setup was not very good this past time around. It was also too noisy, and there were way too many kids...to the point where I thought perhaps having a daycare tent would have been necessary!
the yr before they did have a childrean area where it was loud and fun and a lot of kids were playing with each other. last yr, i don't know, didnt' even feel like walking around much inside the tent. talk about being in a sardine can.
Old 07-21-06, 05:32 AM
CHIS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year when I went it was not busy at all (although it was on a sunday)
Old 07-21-06, 08:59 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent gotten a Lexus magazine yet but ill work on that today and on monday. As for a childrens area that would be nice the kids that were at last years event spilt food in the cars they were noisy. Just have it where only adults can come leave the brats at home.
Old 08-04-06, 10:18 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Has anyone heard any info yet website is still asking for you to provide email and has nothing else. Has anyone gotten an email yet from Lexus it starts sept 16th so hopefully something soon pops up.
Old 08-04-06, 02:17 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Does Lexus send the invitations through e-mail or through the U.S. postal mail? I've been to one way back in 2001 I believe. I can't remember what the exact year was but it was when the 4G ES came out...
Old 08-04-06, 03:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We used to get mailed invitations, but lately its been online invites by e-mail IIRC.
Old 08-05-06, 12:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haven't heard anything yet, and the first event is about a month away?
Old 08-05-06, 09:42 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Maybe we will hear something soon. Lets hope it invite only.
Old 08-05-06, 09:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Maybe we will hear something soon. Lets hope it invite only.
if it's invite only then i don't think they would have asked us to sign up like that. that sign up page didn't really take any information, they would have nothing to "base" their invites on
Old 08-10-06, 07:12 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

No news yet but we have a month and 6 days until the first event so maybe well find out more about a month before so i guess like 6 more days.
Old 08-13-06, 05:54 PM
GXS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taste of Lexus on High Defintion (9:30PM ET on channel 9477 on Dish Network)

The title explains it all. Last year's Taste of Lexus (in Orange County) will be on Dish Network in High Definition (channel 9477 worldsport) at 9:30PM ET. It was on earlier today.
Old 08-13-06, 07:51 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Dont have the dish network so i cant watch it. How long does the episode last and what all do they show on it. Well probably find out more on august 16th since thats a month before the first event.
Old 08-17-06, 09:09 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the newsletter in the e-mail earlier.

A Tasteful Affair

What could be more satisfying than driving your favorite Lexus on a closed course? Enjoying some fine cuisine between drives. That's the concept behind our always-popular Taste of Lexus event. And with this year's theme being Design and Innovation, there's certain to be even more to look forward to.

Luxury Sedan for two? Right this way.

Undoubtedly, the main attractions of this year's Taste of Lexus will be the vehicles themselves. Guests will have the opportunity to drive select competitor vehicles and experience the newest Lexus vehicles on one of three custom-designed courses. These include the highly coveted LS 460 [1], the incredibly fast GS 450h (the world's first luxury hybrid performance sedan) and, of course, the luxuriously indulgent ES 350.

Speaking of indulgences, you'll find more than your share inside the main pavilion. There, you can sample a wide range of gourmet delicacies or sign up for any of the complimentary luxury services that will be provided. And while you nibble on canapés, you can also learn more about every vehicle in the Lexus line. Informational displays will be situated throughout the pavilion, and vehicle experts will be standing by to answer any questions you might have.

Of course, since this is 2006, we've included a new addition to the pavilion: the Hybrid Zone. In this area, you can learn about the many aspects of Lexus Hybrid Drive technology, including how it works, its benefits and what you can expect in the future.

No Reservation? Unforunately, There'll be a 12-month wait.

With all of the new vehicles and great food, you can imagine how popular an event such as the Taste of Lexus will be. That said, we've limited the number of invitations in order to provide the best experience for our guests. So visit www.tasteoflexus.com today and provide us with your e-mail address. We'll notify you as soon as reservations are being accepted. Just be sure to register quickly. Because if you miss this Taste of Lexus event, it won't be around again until next year.
Old 08-18-06, 12:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

and the first even is less than a month away.... @_@

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus 2006 Its official.