Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Merged Sirius Satellite Radio Threads

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 03:40 PM
bulwinkl24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS300to350
Good news the Sirius brain has arrived at Sirius. they will be releasing the sales here in a few weeks. i have a friend that works there and he is sending me a unit to try out in the car I will post some pics as soon as it arrives
If you can, try to find out who is making the brain and let us know. I understand Audiovox made the last brain that Lexus scrapped for reception issues. You would think Pioneer would have already come up with something for Sirius since that make both the stock head units and the XM brains.
Old 07-06-06, 09:52 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Still no one has really answered my question, other than Stern what makes sirius better that xm?
Old 07-06-06, 10:26 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

WOW!! Lexus is only two years behind GM on this one.

Sorry, but this still pisses me off 6 months after I got my car. Any word on a remote start?
Old 07-07-06, 12:16 AM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Style2k6
Still no one has really answered my question, other than Stern what makes sirius better that xm?
who cares. some people like Sirius better then XM and vise versa. Does this need to be debated all the time?
Old 07-07-06, 04:27 AM
phish2112
Driver

In my opinion Sirius just has better channels than XM. More selection of more genres. XM has just as many channels but many of them are stupid that you'd never listen to. Plus Sirius has NFL and NHL. I listen to the NFL channel on Sirius everyday during Fantasy Football season. Plus, as previously pointed out it has Howard, Maxim radio, Cosmo radio (for the wife) and Playboy!
Old 07-07-06, 05:14 AM
jc957
Rookie

Originally Posted by Style2k6
NFL. Thats the only reason I need. Plus I'm not a big fan of Oprah and Ellen...I'll stick with Stern and Maxim.
Old 07-07-06, 07:22 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by phish2112
In my opinion Sirius just has better channels than XM. More selection of more genres. XM has just as many channels but many of them are stupid that you'd never listen to. Plus Sirius has NFL and NHL. I listen to the NFL channel on Sirius everyday during Fantasy Football season. Plus, as previously pointed out it has Howard, Maxim radio, Cosmo radio (for the wife) and Playboy!
Agreed 110%!
Old 07-07-06, 07:31 AM
texan786
Driver School Candidate

So to bring this back on topic, has the OP gotten a unit for testing or has someone else got any other tidbits in regards to the release of this unit?
Old 07-07-06, 10:04 AM
RA071224
9th Gear

I emailed customer service at Sirius and this is what they replied with:
"Lawerence, at this time, we have received no official word about if or when SIRIUS will become available in these beautiful vehicles. We suggest that you continue to visit www.sirius.com for the details on this matter. We sincerely appreciate your patience and interest in joining us here at SIRIUS!"

~ Take what you want from it...it may or may not be in the works, but there has been no official word...as of yet! Hopefully we'll hear something sooner than later. If anyone else hears anything, please keep us posted!!
Old 07-07-06, 01:41 PM
Lex-Luther
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CALI250
"Lawerence, at this time, we have received no official word about if or when SIRIUS will become available in these beautiful vehicles. We suggest that you continue to visit www.sirius.com for the details on this matter. We sincerely appreciate your patience and interest in joining us here at SIRIUS!"

~ Take what you want from it...it may or may not be in the works, but there has been no official word...as of yet! Hopefully we'll hear something sooner than later. If anyone else hears anything, please keep us posted!!

Swell Lexus told me that there were few units that were delivered and those have been recalled back to the factory due to design issues and that they have no word on when it will come out.

So , question if you have a VAIS unit can we use the AUX input to plug in a generic universal siruis tuner like the Sirius SC-FM1 or can we use a Pioneer SIR-PNR2 Sirius tuner? Also the XM tuner kit I got from Lexus had a XM Pioneer tuner. So if my NAVI/ Levinson can take a Pioneer XM tuner why not a Pioneer SIRIUS unit????
Old 07-07-06, 03:17 PM
texan786
Driver School Candidate

would a unit like this work?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=116501&WT.mc_n=4&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=GOOGLE&cm_pla=DATAFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=4
Old 07-07-06, 09:44 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
who cares. some people like Sirius better then XM and vise versa. Does this need to be debated all the time?
Ummm obviously I care since I asked the question, and no one was debating I wanted to know from someone that has sirius what the difference was. Thank you to those that answered the question.
Old 07-09-06, 12:18 AM
bulwinkl24
Rookie

Originally Posted by CALI250

Hmmmm..... This gives me the impression that either Sirius is trying to keep this unit under wraps or the dude who started this thread is full of crap.
Old 07-09-06, 12:22 AM
bulwinkl24
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lex-Luther
Also the XM tuner kit I got from Lexus had a XM Pioneer tuner. So if my NAVI/ Levinson can take a Pioneer XM tuner why not a Pioneer SIRIUS unit????
This is an interesting question. I don't see why we can't take the wiring harness from the Pioneer XM tuner and use it to interface the stock head unit with the Pioneer Sirius tuner. It would be nice if we could compare the 2 wiring harnesses to see if there is a difference.
Old 07-09-06, 06:26 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by bulwinkl24
Hmmmm..... This gives me the impression that either Sirius is trying to keep this unit under wraps or the dude who started this thread is full of crap.
What makes you think that Sirius customer support, which is outsourced to a third party (Stream International), would know anything about a module that isn't on sale yet?

Quick Reply: Merged Sirius Satellite Radio Threads