Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anyone else's V1 get set off by Infiniti FX's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-06, 08:50 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the trailblazer and the got dam laser guided cruise sets off my my laser on my v1 and it pisses off to no end. On city streets these things are running and i dont understand why they wont shut that dam thing off!!!
Old 06-27-06, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by foofighter
yes the trailblazer and the got dam laser guided cruise sets off my my laser on my v1 and it pisses off to no end. On city streets these things are running and i dont understand why they wont shut that dam thing off!!!
lol, you never know, maybe that thing can't be shut off
Old 06-27-06, 11:04 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

maybe it cant but dam it's annoying!!! I almost want to get laser cruise on my next car to make other suffer as much as i do LOL
Old 06-28-06, 01:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by foofighter
maybe it cant but dam it's annoying!!! I almost want to get laser cruise on my next car to make other suffer as much as i do LOL
lol, all you need is to get a infrared remote control in your car (for audio or whatever use). every time you see people with v1 or passport, take out the remote and "shoot" at the car and press some buttons. that's going to be a lot of fun
Old 06-28-06, 03:58 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, all you need is to get a infrared remote control in your car (for audio or whatever use). every time you see people with v1 or passport, take out the remote and "shoot" at the car and press some buttons. that's going to be a lot of fun
Haha, revenge.... I want revenge!!!
Old 06-28-06, 08:50 AM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

Just so you guys know, FX owners with a V-1 set themselves off as well. As described earlier, it is the ICC (Intelligent cruise control) feature... but not all FXes have this option.

From http://www.valentine1.com/lab/Previously7.asp
Why am I getting laser alarms when I follow some cars?
- J.J., Michigan

Red neon is occasionally used for the CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Lamp) on new cars. We know of these models: GM Trailblazer and Envoy, the Lincoln Mk VIII and the latest BMW 3-series convertible.

These lights use a neon-plasma light source. The red lens allows red visible light to pass, and also invisible energy near infrared. The source is powered by a pulsating voltage on a frequency that happens to be similar to the repetition rate of legitimate laser-gun pulse trains. In other words, the CHMSLs have an invisible energy leakage that’s nearly identical to the beam used by traffic laser. If we suppress the interference, we’re likely to damage laser sensitivity.

Another source of alarms: a few new cars have cruise controls that use laser to measure distance to the car ahead. This feature is available on the Lexus LS430, Infiniti FX35 and FX45. This, of course, is real laser, not a false alarm.

If you’re really bothered by these alarms, you can reprogram V1 to disable its laser reception. It’s a DIY project. Here’s a link to the instructions on our website: http://www.valentine1.com/lab/mikeslabrpt3.asp
Old 06-28-06, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
Just so you guys know, FX owners with a V-1 set themselves off as well. As described earlier, it is the ICC (Intelligent cruise control) feature... but not all FXes have this option.

From http://www.valentine1.com/lab/Previously7.asp
lol that's funny

but seriously i dont' think it's a BIG deal, at least in cali. most of teh cops are still using the k and ka band, hardly any using laser. so if it's really that annoying, just turn the laser off
Old 06-28-06, 12:55 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
lol that's funny

but seriously i dont' think it's a BIG deal, at least in cali. most of teh cops are still using the k and ka band, hardly any using laser. so if it's really that annoying, just turn the laser off
Usually, by the time you hear laser anyway, your goose is cooked. So, really, it's more of annoyance factor for most people. I'll keep mine on there... a false alarm is better than no alarm.
Old 06-28-06, 01:00 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

is this happening only to V1s or everyone that has laser detection
Old 06-28-06, 09:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
is this happening only to V1s or everyone that has laser detection
it should be about the same, that's just laser detection

but other detectors might not be as sensitive
Old 06-29-06, 05:12 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SGT
I've noticed a pattern where my V1 always gets a laser reading whenever I'm near an FX. Anyone else get that or know why that is?
Anytime one is behind me yes. FX or the QX. Dunno why only those two vehicles.

I know the GM trucks like the Envoy, etc rear third brakelight do it.
Old 06-29-06, 06:37 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Anytime one is behind me yes. FX or the QX. Dunno why only those two vehicles.

I know the GM trucks like the Envoy, etc rear third brakelight do it.
Ok, at first I thought it was just me, but looks like it's happening to everyone else too. Thought I had a bum unit.
Old 06-29-06, 09:13 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The Toyota Sienna also has laser guided cruise control...and the Inifiniti QX4, I don't have a V1 but just letting you guys know.
Old 06-29-06, 05:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 532 Likes on 281 Posts

Your NAV also will trigger your V1. Try waving your v1 in front of your OEM Lexus NAV or Fujitsu-Ten/Eclipse NAV unit and see what happens.

The cars that constantly set off my V1 (and these models obviously have a laser cruise system of sorts).

Lexus LS430, RX330
Toyota Sienna, Avalon
Infiniti QX56, FX

I just got home from a trip from SoCal to San Antonio and back, 2900 miles round trip. My v1 worked great on I-10 except for those stupid annoying speed limit signs that have radar to tell you how fast you're going in a 35mph construction zone.

Last edited by flipside909; 06-29-06 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-29-06, 09:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by flipside909
Your NAV also will trigger your V1. Try waving your v1 in front of your OEM Lexus NAV or Fujitsu-Ten/Eclipse NAV unit and see what happens.

The cars that constantly set off my V1 (and these models obviously have a laser cruise system of sorts).

Lexus LS430, RX330
Toyota Sienna, Avalon
Infiniti QX56, FX

I just got home from a trip from SoCal to San Antonio and back, 2900 miles round trip. My v1 worked great on I-10 except for those stupid annoying speed limit signs that have radar to tell you how fast you're going in a 35mph construction zone.
well actually one time i see those radars under sign, but the next thing i saw was a bike cop behind the sign.

i say just to play safe

Quick Reply: Anyone else's V1 get set off by Infiniti FX's?