Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Some shots of my modded 02 Camry

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 03:00 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice for a Camry.

I have a daily driver '97 Camry with 190,000 miles.

Your model is much nicer.

Ted
Old 03-14-06, 08:26 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've seen a TRD version of your car in the Toyota showroom with a body kit, drop etc. There are tons of TRD stuf you can get to enhance the look more. Clean though
Old 03-14-06, 08:29 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you upgrade to '06 taillights?
Old 03-14-06, 09:13 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I've seen a TRD version of your car in the Toyota showroom with a body kit, drop etc. There are tons of TRD stuf you can get to enhance the look more. Clean though
I actually have a Vizage front lip spoiler on the way that will enhance the front on the car, i will order the rest later, and im trying to decide on which type of exhaust to purchase. I want the TRD one but the price is a lil' to high, and i see greddy exhaust and borla, but i just want something will a deep throaty sounds, nothing even close to those loud cheap honda's exhaust systems. It already has a drop on it so i dont have to look at that much, but would like to do more but dont know what else to do really
Old 03-14-06, 09:22 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TLW
Can you upgrade to '06 taillights?

i talked to the dude at the parts counter because i was wanting to upgrade to the 05+ camry SE taillamps because it has some black in it. but they said that it wont fit my model year,

But check this......

I also asked the guy if i could upgrade to a 05+ camry grill (chrome) and he said it couldnt be dont, well went to another dealership and bought the 05+ camry grill (chrome), and what do u know, it fit perfectly. But i do have aftermarket retro taillamps with black housing and the lighting pods are all round, looks real good in a way, but i took those off and put the stock tails on and tinted them for a more customized look, you have to see it in person, it look super hot against darker colors, and i covered up the reverse light and turn signals so those are the same color, but all the red parts are darker so it looks really hot.

I did want to take out that plastic reflector in the headlights but i was told that i had to take off the lens and such, but with me, thats to risky so i'll leave it be, but you can retro-fit low beam projectors using BMW X5 projectors & it look hot, especially when their Xenon, but they said the headlight had to be taken apart and again to risky.

But yall give me some more idea's on what else to do
Old 03-15-06, 08:18 AM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

That's a sweet looking Camry. Would look much better with rear drum-in-discs though. OTOH, those are some nice wheels.
Old 03-15-06, 07:15 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
I have an 03' Camry 2.4 liter but have rear disc. I think the XLE model comes with rear disc.
it does
Old 03-15-06, 09:23 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Falcon LS
That's a sweet looking Camry. Would look much better with rear drum-in-discs though. OTOH, those are some nice wheels.

thanks, i couldnt choose between these and American Racing ASA AR1, Black w/chrome lip (posted a pic) but these were cheaper so i got these instead but i do wonder what it would look like if i would have gotten the other wheel style, who knows i may decide to get them to.
keyword: maybe

yall got me wanting rear disc, i even asked the techs at work if it could be donw, they said yes, but wouldnt recommend it because its pricey. they said it will stop better quicker but i wouldnt even feel the difference. so i guess i would have to settle on the drums for now
Attached Thumbnails Some shots of my modded 02 Camry-asa_ar1_blk_ci3_l.jpg  
Old 03-16-06, 03:59 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very clean looking Camry but it would look 100x better if you painted the rear drums and front brakes black or maybe even silver. Red sticks out way too much on this car and they are stock brakes.
Old 03-16-06, 08:59 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Very clean looking Camry but it would look 100x better if you painted the rear drums and front brakes black or maybe even silver. Red sticks out way too much on this car and they are stock brakes.

i may take that into consideration, u think that i should leave the front red and paint the rear black or just do the all black?
Old 03-16-06, 12:36 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

I vote to change it back to original.

Don't mind us teasing you about the drum brakes. They are just fine. It's just the color that you chose. . And don't waste the money converting it to disc,
Old 03-16-06, 12:39 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJL0365
American Racing ASA AR1, Black w/chrome lip (posted a pic)
These ASA wheels would look very good with back cars. The look is similar to BBS wheels at a much cheaper price.
Old 03-16-06, 03:13 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by newr
I vote to change it back to original.

Don't mind us teasing you about the drum brakes. They are just fine. It's just the color that you chose. . And don't waste the money converting it to disc,
+1

Lose the red front & rear, go black or dark gray. And stop spending so much money on modding a Camry.
Old 03-16-06, 03:19 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

BTW, the wheels and the drop look great. I'd also lose the VVT-i stickers, TRD stickers, etc, and the front license plate thing. Understated is best with this type of car
Old 03-16-06, 03:33 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Your "mycar" looks good AJ
Actually would you be willing to swap those emblems around to spell the "MY CAR?"

Are the chrome handles direct replacement or a sticker add-on?

I don't think there's anymore you can do your camry-maybe a small system? But like everyone else said to get those calipers painted in black or dark grey.

Have you had the infamous one sided burned tailllight yet?

Quick Reply: Some shots of my modded 02 Camry