Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Helmet Camera View of Motorcycle Accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 06:44 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Helmet Camera View of Motorcycle Accident

Click link HERE
Old 02-15-06, 06:59 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang...
Old 02-15-06, 07:06 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN !
Old 02-15-06, 07:22 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup-saw this on another forum. looked like the moron in the car that almost killed her tried doing a bonehead e-brake maneuver.

Cliffs:

Rider is a girl. She was OK
Guy that caused wreck tried blaming her.

http://www.youtube.com/w/R1-bike-rid...page=1&t=t&f=b

http://socalsportbikes.info/xmb/view....php?tid=34948

http://www.smoothcurvesracing.com/home.php

Last edited by chuckb; 02-15-06 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-15-06, 07:55 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, real confusing as to how the driver of the Civic managed to pull a 180 like that!?? She took quite a spill off that bike! Good thing for that helmet cam to prove she was complete not at fault.

The other thing I really live is all the "Good Samaratans" that come to her aid. I understand that they are trying to help and that should be commended, but there was obviously no one there with any First-Aid training. It was like the Seinfeld episode where they didn't know if they should elevate the feet or the head, or give sugar or liquid to a man that just suffered a stroke!

All the constant yelling of "lie down" was killing me!!! Sorry, as an ex-First Aider I just had to rant on that.
Old 02-15-06, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, damn that sux...... thank god she had that camera

and damn that guy for trying to blame her. how can he even try to do that... be a man and accept your consequence.... i hate people like that
Old 02-15-06, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Yeah, real confusing as to how the driver of the Civic managed to pull a 180 like that!?? She took quite a spill off that bike! Good thing for that helmet cam to prove she was complete not at fault.

The other thing I really live is all the "Good Samaratans" that come to her aid. I understand that they are trying to help and that should be commended, but there was obviously no one there with any First-Aid training. It was like the Seinfeld episode where they didn't know if they should elevate the feet or the head, or give sugar or liquid to a man that just suffered a stroke!

All the constant yelling of "lie down" was killing me!!! Sorry, as an ex-First Aider I just had to rant on that.
question, instead of asking her not to move and lie down, what should they do? i am really curious, would at least know what to do if i see that
Old 02-15-06, 08:59 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
question, instead of asking her not to move and lie down, what should they do? i am really curious, would at least know what to do if i see that
they should have not tried to move her at all, right?
Old 02-15-06, 09:48 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
they should have not tried to move her at all, right?
Exactly!!!

To answer your question Henry.....my training had always taught me that for all intents and purposes, the victim should not be unnecessarily moved. If the person is already sitting when you come upon them. Have them remiain there. They may very well have injuries and do not feel them yet due to shock, but they may also be more or less fine. The victim obviously knows their body better then we do. Ask them not to stand. Not really so much for aggravating an injury further but for fear that the victim could pass out once standing and injure themselves further.

All the bystanders "forcing" her to lie down will more than likely aggravate the victim and can cause the scenario to become a bigger issue once professionals arrive at the scene. Only because victims can be combative initially. Adding fuel to that fire just makes it harder.

To go back to my italics, "unnecessarily". The first order of triage in that situation would be the question, "Is the victim in any further danger where she is located?" The answer is maybe (hard for us to truly tell in the video), but, lieing in a highway could be very dangerous. In that light, first move the victim to a safe area. Then begin treatment. Along with that, your safety needs to be considered. You can't do the victim any good if you also get hit by a car!

Last edited by mkorsu; 02-15-06 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-15-06, 09:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ah gotcha, so next time if i see something like that, i should just yell "FEEZE, DO NOT MOVE"

just kiddig, thanks for the notes, that's definitely good to know@