Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What would you do?
Trade in the GS3 and get the FX45! Wooo hoo!
62.16%
Infiniti sucks, stick with the Lexus! What are you thinking?!?
37.84%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Trade in GS3 for FX45?? What should I do!??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-06, 05:33 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Like they say on the NIKE commercials, "Just do it" I know I would
Old 08-28-06, 12:37 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by genearch
New interior, much nicer than the current one. IIRC, these are due in dealers any day now. I like my FX, I would still buy one over an RX. Not sure I'll buy another though. no problems, I'm just not ga ga. I need a tad more room so I'll likely look to the new X5 or possibly the Audi Q7

The revised interior looks reallly good
Old 08-28-06, 09:36 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EDGE2
I say trade the GS3 for the FX45, the truck is just a lifted sports sedan, but if your more into having your purse match your heels then by all means get the RX
Hahaha! Thats hilarious. Finally someone said what we were all thinking about the RX!

One time we took my gf's G Coupe in for service at the dealer the sales manager there was nice enough to let us drive around an FX45 for a few hours, until her car was done, and damn, that SUV can move. Ive driven a Cayenne S, been in a turbo, and X5s and I must say, performance wise, its tough to beat. It performs and feels so much like a sports car you forget you're in an SUV in the turns. Getting off and on some on ramps was also a lot of fun in that car. It also made my gf want to trade her G coupe in for one. IMO the vehicles performance in amazing. The ride is stiff but not unbareable but then again Im used to a fairly stiff ride and prefer it to be honest.
Old 08-28-06, 12:29 PM
ferdinan
Rookie

=the sales manager there was nice enough to let us drive around an FX45 for a few hours, until her car was done, and damn, that SUV can move. Ive driven a Cayenne S, been in a turbo, and X5s and I must say, performance wise, its tough to beat. It performs and feels so much like a sports car you forget you're in an SUV in the turns. Getting off and on some on ramps was also a lot of fun in that car. It also made my gf want to trade her G coupe in for one. IMO the vehicles performance in amazing. The ride is stiff but not unbareable but then again Im used to a fairly stiff ride and prefer it to be honest.
I have a 06 FX45, so far the car has performed flawlessly. Like you said, this car is so much fun to drive and the performance is great. I know the new interior is not a Lexus interior but it works fine. The ride comfort for the 06 is very good, whatever changes Infiniti made to the suspension it did the trick for me. I can’t speak for others.
Old 08-28-06, 02:31 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jrock65
Err, yeah. The M45 is also based on the FM platform. I maintain that cars like the FX45 and X5 V8 are AWD SUV siblings of RWD sedans such as the M45 and 550i.

The $30k IS250 shares the same FR platform as the $65k GS450h. Just because they share a platform doesn't mean that the GS450h is in the IS250 class.

I am well aware that the FX has been beaten by the other cars in comparos. I was pointing out that your statement that the FX45 has NEVER beaten the X5 in ANY comparo is flatly UNTRUE.
I think people will be comparing the FX and RX, and also the FX and X5. It's hard to really group any set of cars/SUVs as being the ONLY competitors for each other. Price and size-wise, the RX and FX are comparable. Performance and handling-wise, the FX and X5 are more suited competitors.

BTW, I still have no idea who buys the RX vs GX vs LX. They're all mid-size SUVs. I'm not sure what market each goes after...
Old 08-28-06, 02:43 PM
LexFather

This poll was back in February.

Closed.