Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Preview Pics of '06 Project Vehicle : BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-05, 03:52 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preview Pics of '06 Project Vehicle : BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT

Hey guys we have a few vehicles that we are gearing up as projects for the 2006 Show Season to demonstrate D2-AUTOSPORT's expertise. I just wanted to share a few quick shots that I snapped of one of them. Its a 2005 Bentley Continental GT. (no it is not my personal car! lol)

The Pertinent info:

EXTERIOR COLOR :
NEPTUNE BLUE

WHEELS / TIRES :
3PC FORGED DONZ COSTELLO
22x9 FRONT 265/30-22
22x10.5 REAR 295/25-22

SUSPENSION :
Electronic Lowering Module

MISC :
50% / 35% window tinting

FUTURE :
KREISIEG Valvetronic Exhaust
GIAC Performance Software upgrade (additional 100hp)
MANSORY Rear Trunk Lip
BENTLEY OEM Chrome Lower Grille inserts

I must say that I have a newfound respect for these vehicles. I really thought they were just "cruisers" and not real performance machines. Well, with 550hp stock , a top speed of close to 200mph, and 380mm 8piston braking system I was wrong.

We decided to go with a aftermarket wheel that echoed the lines of the OEM 19" wheel, and also complimented the exotic and rare color! With that being said, this car is driven in the inner city of New York, so a cast wheel would not do, we needed custom fitment, strength and light weight to compliment this premium vehicle, and the DONZ Costello 3pc Forged was the perfect choice. The rear 22x10.5" wheel is about the same weight as the OEM 19"!!! The DONZ multipiece forged line is a excellent alternative for our clientele as they offer custom fitment, clean designs and quick turnaround time!!! (We ordered these on Monday and received them Wednesday afternoon!!)

The suspension tuning on this platform has been a real challenge, as the components are very hard to acquire, and then have to be imported from overseas. We still have a few tweaks to go, to the get the ride height "perfect" (the nose is a touch too low for my liking), but we are getting there. The truly aggressive stance really brings out the true aesthetic beauty of this car, especially the strong character lines in the fenders. Its a shame so many people just leave these cars "jacked up" in the air instead of taking the time to source the proper lowering components. Hopefully we can help change that!

Hope you guys like it, and of course if you have any questions about the vehicle or the components utilized feel free to

SEND A EMAIL FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE

THESE ARE FROM TONIGHT, AFTER WE TWEAKED THE FRONT HEIGHT

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 12-18-05 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-18-05, 04:31 PM
fhumphrey04
Driver

wow, that is beautiful!!!

I saw a silver one once.....once

I figured a software upgrade would yeild big gains because of the FI but 100hp is unbelievable
Old 12-18-05, 06:32 PM
gmac1337
Driver

Wow that's the ultimate grand tourer and you could leave porsches ane ferraris in the dust. The first 3/4 of the vehicle is amazing, I can't stand the rear though. Props for choosing a unique color other than black, silver or white.
Old 12-18-05, 06:41 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

That car is incredible. Thanks for sharing D2!!!!
Old 12-18-05, 07:05 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I don't particularly like the style of this wheel, but it's a very nice car
Old 12-18-05, 07:27 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW, I have nothing else to say but a 10 letter minimum is required...
Old 12-18-05, 07:49 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think this car looks good in pics, see it in person, its crazy.
Old 12-18-05, 08:42 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

that car is just REDICULOUS!! Good work. I'm actually digging the color and the wheels.
Old 12-18-05, 08:49 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the car...great color! First one I have seen of that color. You see a lot of blacks ones in BH.

The wheels on the other hand.... Just not feelin them.
Old 12-18-05, 09:29 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love that car. I really want one. Like, really, really want one. In white. There's one around here. It's white. It has 20" chrome wheels. It's really sexy. I want it.
Old 12-18-05, 09:30 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drool
Old 12-18-05, 09:41 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Not feeling it. The color, IMO, makes the car look too long and goofey looking. I don't care for the wheels much either.

I'd love to see what you could do with one with a nice grey color.
Old 12-18-05, 10:27 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

holy hotness.
Old 12-19-05, 07:08 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fhumphrey04
I figured a software upgrade would yeild big gains because of the FI but 100hp is unbelievable
Yeah, the thing about these cars they are actually delivering all that power with very very conservative tuning. Every tuner that we have consulted with has confirmed that these vehicles are actually borderline "restricted" and its very simple to coax that extra 100hp from the powerplant. GIAC previously had a Stage 1 and 2 for the vehicle but based on real world and dyno results, there is now just one kit the 100hp version.

The KREISSIEG exhaust is a full replacement system with a electronic valve that allows you to bypass all of the cats and center silencers / resonators for a straigth path to the rear mufflers. KREISSIEG is very popular for Ferrari and Lamborghini vehicles and the Bentley system is so new that we are not allowed to release images! We are authorized KREISIEG dealers, in addition to EISENMANN exhaust as well.
Old 12-19-05, 07:15 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
Not feeling it. The color, IMO, makes the car look too long and goofey looking. I don't care for the wheels much either.

I'd love to see what you could do with one with a nice grey color.
Yeah I will be 100% honest, the first time I saw this color it was on the internet, and I was kinda like myself!! But the client just kept telling me, "you have to see it in person", and when I did see it in person its a nice color indeed. These vehicles have such fine detailing in the craftsmanship (paint quality, chrome accents, character lines), and with this aggressive lowering which you never see on these cars, it really does have that "wow factor"! The interior is a darker shade of blue with bright birchwood, and I'm telling you together its a awesome combo! I think I would personally go for white, but I can not deny this color is a show-stopper.

As for the wheels, we wanted to go a different route than the normal iFORGED / WORK and retail a clean appearance without a BLING look. I personally like the wheels because they remind me of the AUTO-COUTURE SUPREME.

We are still working on the project so I will share updated pics ASAP

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 12-19-05 at 07:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Preview Pics of '06 Project Vehicle : BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT