Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My cousin made me grin (BMW gal)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-05, 07:25 AM
LexFather

Thumbs up My cousin made me grin (BMW gal)

Basically after like 15 years, I have gotten back into contact with my 2 younger lady cousins. Its amazing b/c we have just hit it off like we've been hanging the past 15 years.

When the elder cousin came over, cars came up. She drives like a 2003 Mitsu Eclipse now but she was explaining to me how she has a E34 540 with the M wheels and a couple other items in Florida, where she went to college.

In typical fashion, she loved the car (she is a self-proclaimed Bimmer-for-life gal) but it just gave her tons of problems. Add to the fact, the dealership and other shops were screwing her, well she and her mom gave up one day, left the car parked, went to the dealer and got her the Eclipse.

It seems the car has just about a new everything but needs a new on board computer for like $1,500 or so. She loves the car so I am thinking we might tow it up here and take care of it in Atlanta

(She is a grad student at UGA studying Education currently)

What made me grin, initially, when we were talking about BMW, out the blue she hits me with

"I can't lie, the E90 is pretty ugly and the E39 is very nice, but the E34 is just my favorite"

I damn near spit out my drink. I was like "what do you know about internal codes" and she hit me with her BMW knowledge there after.

Its a beautiful thing

Old 10-22-05, 07:29 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish my family were so car enthused as I am.
My cousin knows his cars but not to the extent that I do. My sister knows about Lexus but nothing in particular about cars. My dad thinks he knows but has no idea. The rest just don't seem to care.
Old 10-22-05, 08:03 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

It runs deep in the family. LOL Great stuff.
Old 10-22-05, 09:41 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Women with car knowledge, thats rare??

So, she single ??
Old 10-22-05, 09:54 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

LOL....hold nothing back Richie. Mad funny.

Thats pretty cool that you have some family members that love cars as much as you do. I don'r. My Dad knew a lot about cars back in the day, but now he doesnt care to much. As long as it gets from one point to the next without problem.

The only people that know as much as me and love talking about cars 24/7 are my boys that I known since childhood. They are now salesmen for Acura and they get to drive many many cars that come in on trade. For example an 04 Viper that came in on trade for an NSX.
Old 10-22-05, 09:58 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by magneto112
LOL....hold nothing back Richie. Mad funny.

Thats pretty cool that you have some family members that love cars as much as you do. I don'r. My Dad knew a lot about cars back in the day, but now he doesnt care to much. As long as it gets from one point to the next without problem.

The only people that know as much as me and love talking about cars 24/7 are my boys that I known since childhood. They are now salesmen for Acura and they get to drive many many cars that come in on trade. For example an 04 Viper that came in on trade for an NSX.
Damn get to drive a NSX and Viper in a day
Originally Posted by Richie
Women with car knowledge, thats rare??

So, she single ??
Yeah, she's single And done a damn fine job of hooking me up with some of her friends (went to UGA last weekend actually)

Old 10-22-05, 10:00 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Damn get to drive a NSX and Viper in a day

Yeah, she's single And done a damn fine job of hooking me up with some of her friends (went to UGA last weekend actually)
So Mike, hook me up too then
Old 10-22-05, 10:02 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky you
Old 10-22-05, 10:04 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Richie
So Mike, hook me up too then
U want some of 1SICKcousin They both are cutie pies. Smart as hell too and can drink like, well, me

Old 10-22-05, 10:07 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

U want some of 1SICKcousin They both are cutie pies. Smart as hell too and can drink like, well, me
Damn right!!!!
Old 10-22-05, 04:44 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

In typical fashion, she loved the car (she is a self-proclaimed Bimmer-for-life gal) but it just gave her tons of problems. Add to the fact, the dealership and other shops were screwing her, well she and her mom gave up one day, left the car parked, went to the dealer and got her the Eclipse.
This is the friggin' Bimmer evil magic that I simply cannot understand. So the car gave her tons of problems and the dealership was screwing her, but she is a fan for life? WTFO?

I wouldn't hook her up with any of your friends here at CL, 1SickLex. She sounds like one of those women who gets battered by her ignorant, slacker, mooching boyfriend but who keeps saying, "He's really sorry and he loves me!" Wake up and smell the new-car-smell, baby!

(BTW, why don't you take her by the Lexus dealer one of these days. Casually suggest a test drive in a new IS350 or something. Maybe she WILL wake up, see how wonderfully they treat customers compared to BMW, how much better designed and assembled the cars are, and give up her codependent, self-defeating ways!
Old 10-22-05, 07:40 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Wish I have cousins(female) like this
Old 10-22-05, 07:43 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Iceman
This is the friggin' Bimmer evil magic that I simply cannot understand. So the car gave her tons of problems and the dealership was screwing her, but she is a fan for life? WTFO?

I wouldn't hook her up with any of your friends here at CL, 1SickLex. She sounds like one of those women who gets battered by her ignorant, slacker, mooching boyfriend but who keeps saying, "He's really sorry and he loves me!" Wake up and smell the new-car-smell, baby!

(BTW, why don't you take her by the Lexus dealer one of these days. Casually suggest a test drive in a new IS350 or something. Maybe she WILL wake up, see how wonderfully they treat customers compared to BMW, how much better designed and assembled the cars are, and give up her codependent, self-defeating ways!
Oh u better believe I am going to try my darnest to make her a Lexus lady

Old 10-22-05, 07:45 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

My family knows nothing about cars, my freinds know virtually nothign about cars, maybe one or two do, but they only care for REALLY lame 4 cyl econoboxes that have been modded heavily. As for my girlfriend, she knows a little bit from what I told her, but her parents are clueless. I think the day her dad said "God, you spent over 30 thousand dollars on that lexus and you dont even have front wheel drive!!" was the day all the hillarity caught up to me.

The Lexus SC400 remains the BEST value in a used luxury car and will always remain so.
Old 10-23-05, 06:05 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

You guys can try to convert her to vanilla ice cream but it won't work - she has tasted the fruit and will forever be in love with BMWs.

Quick Reply: My cousin made me grin (BMW gal)