Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

was walking in my wife's apt garage parking

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-05, 01:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts
Default was walking in my wife's apt garage parking

well so we spent an hour lowering my wife's sc430 a tad more in the back, and figured we would walk around the garage and see what other rides are out there. very surprising. the apt she is living in isn't the most luxurious one in town, but we saw some nice stuff i wanna show you guys

we saw this black m3 with kits (not sure what, but that looks like the csl bumper with a front lip), hre 843r, brembo 14" front and rear, exhaust, lowered. i think i have seen this car before on e46fanatics, maybe someone can point him out

Old 09-06-05, 01:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah that's not big huh? how about this? this guy had a sl500 before (i still saw it a while back), but now this is what he's driving. it's a old guy, every time i see him he has a cigar in his hand

Old 09-06-05, 01:22 AM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geese...the guy can afford to dump $200k on a car but can't afford to buy a house.
I know a guy with 2 SL600, and lives in a apartment as well. Somethings wrong with those folks.
Old 09-06-05, 02:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

that's what we wondered too. he's having a 180k car in the garage, even if it's lease, that's like 3k payment at least. my wife lives in a decent apt, but not like super expensive ones. he's definitely paying more for the car than the apt i say.... very weird thinking......

and about house vs apt? beat this.... i can't say the name but i know of a big software company president. he has a 360 and also a lambo, but he lives in a 1000 sq ft apt. don't ask me why
Old 09-06-05, 03:42 AM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaban
Geese...the guy can afford to dump $200k on a car but can't afford to buy a house.
I know a guy with 2 SL600, and lives in a apartment as well. Somethings wrong with those folks.
wanna see a LOT of those folks, come to Atlanta...
Old 09-06-05, 04:20 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

the upkeep of an apartment is not as much as that of a house... no lawn.... no painting.. no other problems... all the problems are the problems of the landlords or the homeowner's association. that's what you pay them for. i myself would rather live in an apartment/condo than a house. dont know why... but since I live 65percent of my life on the road... i like to travel in style.
Old 09-06-05, 04:21 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

oh by the way, those are beautiful cars!
Old 09-06-05, 05:57 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Hot rides I like the HRE's on the M3.

For me, I'd rather live in (at least) a house (ie. townhouse etc.) so you've got your own personal space.
Old 09-06-05, 06:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 215 Likes on 143 Posts

Maybe that's why they can't afford a house
Those wheels on the M3 & SL65 are hot !!
Old 09-06-05, 07:47 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the M3. I think I have seen it over there on E46fanatics also, but not too sure who it belongs to
Old 09-06-05, 07:58 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

henry you're such a dork!!! man how big is her garage there??
Old 09-06-05, 08:00 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice pics The bimmer is very nice looking
Old 09-06-05, 10:20 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

The BMW is hot, but that SL will always be a favorite of mine...especially one that powerful.

I know alot of people here in Chicago who have chosen an apartment over a house and they have pretty expensive cars. The upkeep differences are certainly a lot less, plus having the added bonus of not being locked down into something more then a year is very attractive. Lot's of people including family and friends have been trying to push me into buying a home, but I don't see the need. I can get a great sized apartment with 1-2 bedrooms for under $700 in several neighborhoods in the city. If I were to buy in the same neighborhoods, I would be paying $1500 plus in mortgage, and if I get a condo, it would be an additional $300 in assesements. Doesn't sound like a good deal to me at all.

So...I'll just keep renting......on the lake....with a view of downtown and the lake......for less then $800 including underground parking, cable, central car, central heating, security, intercom, private beach front door bus service and one block from rail system.
Old 09-06-05, 12:47 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Very nice cars Romini, thanks for the pics..

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
So...I'll just keep renting......on the lake....with a view of downtown and the lake......for less then $800 including underground parking, cable, central car, central heating, security, intercom, private beach front door bus service and one block from rail system.
Certainly there are some advantages to renting and sometimes execs have living space in more than one town due to the nature of their job. They may own in another city (who knows?).

And if renting works for you then great, but the some additional items to consider:

1) Your missing out on an investment opportunity that has been one of the best over the last 10 years.
2) No tax break is available for rental payments while the interest on a mortgage is completely tax deductible, definitely needs to be included in the equation.
3) It really isn't that hard to sell a house and move. I have done it in anywhere from 3 months to less than 30 days. Hell my old house in Tampa sold in 14 days.
Old 09-06-05, 01:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by meZoom!
henry you're such a dork!!! man how big is her garage there??
haha damn that's uncalled for i think there are about 60 units at her apt, it's a 2 level garage. i have only been to the other level once, also saw some nice cars there but these two parked on the same level definitely caught my eyes. there is also a modded civic but i am sure you guys know why i didn't take pics

about buying a house though, i realy don't understand. i mean, if we have a choice, we would have gotten a house before going with the sl65, even if i have the money in hand. house is asset, and you don't really pay much more than rent to have your own house, so why not

oh and even more surprising, i was visiting another friend of mine who lives in a newer and bigger luxury apt complex the other day, his garage is plain boring, you see NOTHING there. which makes it even more surprising why i saw these cars there

Quick Reply: was walking in my wife's apt garage parking