ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   E55 or Upcoming Z06...? (poll added) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/176409-e55-or-upcoming-z06-poll-added.html)

Richie 08-26-05 12:22 PM

Congrats on the baby boy TX!!!!!

I think I would take the E55 in your case with some upgrades like a Kleeman supercharger and vath 5.8 liter stroker kit. That should get you well into 600 hp.

UDel 08-26-05 12:22 PM

Of the two main cars you are considering I would choose the E-55 AMG over the Z06. The E-55 is an amazing car that accelerates right up there with most exotics 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Although Mercedes vehicles are not known for their great reliability neither are Corvettes. At least with a Mercedes especially an E-class you do get a nice interior, high quality materials and a good fit and finish where Corvettes you get the cheap fisher price tupperware platics, poor fit and finish, numerous rattles and squeeks which will always remind you why you did not pay alot for all that performance you have. The new C-6 does have a slightly better interior then the C-5 but it still is a dissapointment especially considering how much it costs and nowhere near that of a E class based car. Since you have a child on the way I think it is better to have a four door or something with rear seats because you never know if the family car will be in the shop or you can't use it. Mercedes also hold their value better then GM cars especially a AMG car so for owning it a few years and selling it you would not loose all that much money. I think their will be less people trying to race you in the Mercedes since only enthusiasts really know that the AMG is a very powerful model. With a Corvette everyone knows its fast and it looks fast so you will get harassed by people and cops more. For the kind of money your spending have you looked at the new 997 Porsche 911. That car is excellent and they even have a more reliable reputation then Mercedes and Corvette. You get a great interior, unrivaled driving dynamics, a rear seat, and the Porsche 911 ownership experience. The new Z06 may have more horsepower and be faster but I still do not think it is a better car then a 911. You could wait for several different cars like the Austin Martin AMV8, Porsche sports sedan, Lexus LFA, new AMG E class, Acura NSX, Infiniti GTR, etc but that may take a while. I say go for the E-55 if you really like it but only if you can really afford it with a new child on the way and if you have plenty of disposible income for paying bills, college, emergencies, medical, the future, etc. Good Luck and your lucky to be in the position to buy these great highly desireable cars.

TXSTYLE 08-26-05 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by tuddy
is the e65 out yet?

Nope. And from what I remember reading.... It's V12 will set your wallet back $170k+ No thanks.

TXSTYLE 08-26-05 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by UDel
Of the two main cars you are considering I would choose the E-55 AMG over the Z06. The E-55 is an amazing car that accelerates right up there with most exotics 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Although Mercedes vehicles are not known for their great reliability neither are Corvettes. At least with a Mercedes especially an E-class you do get a nice interior, high quality materials and a good fit and finish where Corvettes you get the cheap fisher price tupperware platics, poor fit and finish, numerous rattles and squeeks which will always remind you why you did not pay alot for all that performance you have. The new C-6 does have a slightly better interior then the C-5 but it still is a dissapointment especially considering how much it costs and nowhere near that of a E class based car. Since you have a child on the way I think it is better to have a four door or something with rear seats because you never know if the family car will be in the shop or you can't use it. Mercedes also hold their value better then GM cars especially a AMG car so for owning it a few years and selling it you would not loose all that much money. I think their will be less people trying to race you in the Mercedes since only enthusiasts really know that the AMG is a very powerful model. With a Corvette everyone knows its fast and it looks fast so you will get harassed by people and cops more. For the kind of money your spending have you looked at the new 997 Porsche 911. That car is excellent and they even have a more reliable reputation then Mercedes and Corvette. You get a great interior, unrivaled driving dynamics, a rear seat, and the Porsche 911 ownership experience. The new Z06 may have more horsepower and be faster but I still do not think it is a better car then a 911. You could wait for several different cars like the Austin Martin AMV8, Porsche sports sedan, Lexus LFA, new AMG E class, Acura NSX, Infiniti GTR, etc but that may take a while. I say go for the E-55 if you really like it but only if you can really afford it with a new child on the way and if you have plenty of disposible income for paying bills, college, emergencies, medical, the future, etc. Good Luck and your lucky to be in the position to buy these great highly desireable cars.

Well spoken Udel. To perfectly honest on some of your points:

I have never been truly crazy (like gotta have it) about 911's except the TT. They are nice but IMO other cars look and perform just as nice for far less money. Your comments on the C6 seem, well, biased. The interior isn't on par with many cars, but it is considerably nicer than the C5 and it's performance can NOT be overlooked especially the Z06!
I am VERY interested in the upcoming GT-R. But again, I'm kinda ready for a 4-door. :)
As far as "disposible income" goes... I preffer to look at this type of purchase as an investment. Not the kind that will give my $ gains like realestate, but an investment in my "lifestyle". That is to say, it serves my basic needs as well as serves up excitement for my boyish desires. And $ for my childs expenses... Already have been planning and will continue to do so. My wifes income is generally for savings. ;)

tmasta 08-26-05 12:51 PM

its funny cause i am seriously concidering the E55 also. the only problem is i cant find a good websites like CL for info on it. i hear the 05s dont have many issues.. the 04s have less than the 03s and they have the full maintanence. the e55 is the clear choice for me if or when i decide to get it. parts for that car r INSANE though.. 3k for a eisenmann exhaust. but sounds AMAZING.. if u to go http://www.eisenhaus.com/main.php there is a clip of a sl55.. i figure its bout the same tone. good luck with ure choice.. and im lookin for white too...hard to find.. ebay has 2-3/ month. and very few on autotrader, autobytel, etc.

T

jracerlmn 08-26-05 01:30 PM

you forget the most important thing: safety.

MB's are neck to neck with volvo on safety. I'd go E55 over C6 anyday

Incendiary 08-26-05 01:31 PM

Since when did even two kids warrant getting a minivan?

If you get a "nice car" like an E55 for kid transport, get one of those doggy/pet covers for the backseat. :p

TXSTYLE 08-26-05 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
you forget the most important thing: safety.

MB's are neck to neck with volvo on safety. I'd go E55 over C6 anyday

jracerlmn.........

TXSTYLE 08-26-05 01:56 PM

You know something else I absolutely L O V E about this car (Mercedes in general)... That sweet azz Blue Hue/Tint that's in the glass! Take another look above. Mercedes must either bake an additive in their glass or add an additive. It's not a film either!

tzu911 08-26-05 07:56 PM

I like the AMG badge inserted into the seats.

vraa 08-26-05 08:01 PM

E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55. E55.

This post has been brought to you by the resident Mercedes Fanboy from mbworld. :)

MGS4 08-26-05 09:11 PM

2007 E63 AMG

jet864 08-26-05 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by genearch
Enough talk...

See the plate? Good.. now whip out the checkbook, step up and make it happen.

it's all good to talk about it... it's better to make it happen... both are excellent choices, but completely different rides.

:thumbup: I like how you work. Hope to do business with you one day :cool:

On that note, if you want real all around performance, Z06. If you need 4 doors and don't want to buy a beater with the 20 or so saved from the Z06, just get the Benz and be good.

James

lexusls430 08-27-05 05:43 AM

Congratulations! Did you consider the new M5? I love it.

Inabj2 08-27-05 07:04 AM

Z06. They make grants for college now days... Itd be unreasonable to be expected to Pay for their entire college of your kids especially when it comes to todays tuitions, and personally I think it teaches them absolute noting about responsibility, if theres no effort wheter getting the grades, or working a job to attend a university. "ya oh well I flunked out its ok Ill have mommy and daddy pay out of their life savings for me to take this course again because im a slacker." :thumbdn: Teach them early that hard work pays off. And there is more enjoyment when you EARN. The niceties of life, like car, school comfortable style.

and minivans or third vehicles can be pretty affordable if bought pre owned.

The E55 will be slower in all aspects, especially in the handling department which well Its extremely important to me. DO you really want to hauld your child in a fast car anyways where temptations could be strong? Get a secondary car for that.

Less luxorios but handles better stops better accelarates better, and its cheaper.

But dont listen to me or anyone of us drive the car first.