Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

8th gen Civic spied (little camo)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-05, 07:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by whoster
the coupe doesn't look half bad. high school kids will be happy.

the sedan. SIGH.

and the BMW 5 is NOT ugly. it's different, and i like it.
I am trying so hard to like the 5 and it just can't happen. The interior has grown on me. But Bangle has no understanding of proportions, he's just hell bent on making something "different" for the sake of doing it different.

Old 06-30-05, 08:27 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkGS3
HOT!!!

UGLY!!!
I'm sorry bro but you're outvoted, That 5 is super ugly
Old 06-30-05, 08:44 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Woogie
anybody know what kinda engine will be in this supposed 06 civic? I wonder if they'll throw the k-series engine in it... i think they'll, most likely, stick with the B-series engines.

b-series in hondas have died out....most likely all will come with a 1.7L SOHC ivtec motor.....but if they bring the civic si that will definitely have a k-series, hopefully the 200hp motor the rsx type-s comes with....

still my fave honda/acura is the 92-93 integra.....always will love that body style( maybe cuz i've owned of them b4), now they look all bloated!!!
Old 06-30-05, 09:17 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Civic looks rather bland, although will have to see in person to judge fairly.

BTW, I think the current 5 is a good looking car.

Among the imports, the Z4 is ugly, the Solara is ugly, the Quest is ugly.
Old 06-30-05, 09:52 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

What the heck is Honda doing. The Civic coupe used to be the measuring stick for cars in its class. This new one just flat out looks bad. Note the "underbite" rear bumper/trunk, like the Maxima. And talk about a bland front end - the headlights and grill are "expressionless." Why would anyone want one over a Scion tC? Sad...

Last edited by pvmike1; 06-30-05 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-01-05, 08:05 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i rather have a scion tc,,,,, the front of the civic is freaking ugly,,,,,,,,,,, uglier than a saturn if you ask me....... no love for the civic ever since 92-95 or 97-00 hatches have been gone......
Old 07-01-05, 08:23 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jrock65

Among the imports, the Z4 is ugly, the Solara is ugly, the Quest is ugly.
I hear ya man! What are these engineers smoking when they are designing cars? This new civic could look good if someone puts in alot of work on the exterior. Plus the only thing I hated about the older civics (Generation before last) were the mirrors, they were just...blobs comming out of the side of the car. Now this current generation I find nothing wrong with, and I'd actually want Honda to stick with this one than to make that THING there .
Old 07-01-05, 12:46 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

That Civic coupe is damn nasty!?! A revised CL perhaps? And the front is even worse!?!

My fav Civic body:
Attached Images  
Old 07-01-05, 01:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

This was my favorite Civic model just because of what you got for the price at the time. It was definitely a great bang for the buck:

You couldn't go wrong with the B16A and the only 3 colors you can get in the Si trim:
Electron Pearl Blue, Milano Red and Flamenco Black Pearl.
Old 07-01-05, 02:42 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied
That Civic coupe is damn nasty!?! A revised CL perhaps? And the front is even worse!?!

My fav Civic body:
This is the Civic i had before I got the Lexus. I figured for me to get a new car i had to run this one out of service. Let me tell you something about that car... I tried EVERYTHING! But its built like a tank. The Transmision is kryptonite or something. Crazy car. I still have it at home but now my dad drives it fishining. 150k and running strong
Old 07-01-05, 05:01 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

The front is actually relatable to the Acura TL & TSX but in a much cheaper and less successful way. The rear on the coupe looks nothing like a Honda. It looks like another car company complete

Overall, I have mixed feelings about it but I think it's OK for the class. They'll definately keep selling.
Old 07-01-05, 06:00 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

new 5 series is ok, m5 is hot....

it has to have the body work of the m5 to be hot

new civic, sucks, that's all there is to it.

now its just an ugly baby accord
Old 07-01-05, 08:28 PM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW That civic is HELLA ugly. I cannot believe you could finish designing that, step back and say, "Damn, that looks nice. We really nailed this one. These babies are gonna sell like hotcakes!"
Old 07-01-05, 08:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

The car connection web site has the 'spy shots' heading, but I think they might all by chops.

Check out that coupe side view the front and rear wheel images are identical. On the front view the headlights don't line up with the hood. Somethin' ain't right!

As far as the pics of old Civics and the last gen 5 series - I'm coming to the conclusion that NO car design stays looking good over time except in the minds of the loyal fans who can't let go. I now find the old 5 series PLAIN and boxy. Those Civics look like junk (even though I know they run forever, just like Mazdas and Sentras, etc).

Car design just keeps evolving, that doens't mean every new design is great, but each usually brings SOME new design elements which are good even if the overall package doesn't work.

I think BMW did a good job on the 7 series freshening - it just works better now. I expect the 5 series to be freshened also and it may work better then.

Looked at a Porsche 959 lately? I just saw a picture of one and it's laughably hideous. Most old Porshces don't look that great. Most old Ferraris, Lambos, Corvettes, and just about every other model don't look good to me as they become older and older.

Car design is like humor and hairstyles - most of it doesn't stand the test of time.
Old 07-01-05, 10:51 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those are definitely not chops. in all the pics, the wheels are almost EXACTLY in the same position... most likely because they just came off the line, and there have been no wheelspins and nothing to throw them off too much. so therefore, they should still be pretty close to being the same

look closely, they arent EXACTLY the same, just in the same position. look in the first pic too, they are in same position, but don't look the same.

these also look just like the pics that the other guy in this forum found... he had spy shots of other civics, and they had the same front end as the civic sedan there... (he was taking pics of sedans though)

so i dont see them being that far off

as far as the old 5 series... it doesn't appeal to me that much anymore, looks sad, and for old people. i still like it, but i like the new m5 better now.

Quick Reply: 8th gen Civic spied (little camo)