Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Launches Company's First Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 09:59 PM
VegasIS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if there's an annual fee for this CC?
Old 04-28-05, 10:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasIS300
yeah i would love to know too. tons of cards these days don't have annual fee, even the bmw card. i hope the lexus one is the same
Old 04-29-05, 04:40 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do points usually expire?
Old 04-29-05, 05:22 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Not on my cc's
Old 04-29-05, 09:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Do points usually expire?
not for all my cc too, as long as you own the card it's there
Old 04-29-05, 09:10 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VegasIS300
I think the fact that it says the optional travel rewards require a yearly fee is a good sign that without the option, there is no fee.
Old 04-29-05, 09:33 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexus96817
As usual, the price of living in paradise.
Yeah...wonder what makes the offer impossible in Hawaii.. Are the laws there so different?

Last edited by XeroK00L; 04-29-05 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-29-05, 11:36 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

If I remember correctly the laws in Hawaii are different regarding credit cards?? I work for a major bank and have heard Hawaii having different laws therefore preventing us from maketing certain products there.
Old 04-29-05, 04:56 PM
parula
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds pretty good, but why not a Platinum level card from a premium company, or is it? and is there a fee - that can knock the benefit way off. Still an interesting offer. Readin the fine print too.
Old 06-02-05, 03:17 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Lexus Pursuits Visa Card is here now. Easy application and instant approval.
http://www.lexus.com/pursuits

There are some things that will yield 2% or more in rewards. For everything else there's Lexus Card.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 06-02-05 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-02-05, 05:14 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

I just noticed this note in the description of how the reward points work, which was not in the PR that flip first posted:
- Earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent in net purchases made everyday - that's 50% more than most rewards cards (e.g., $5,000 spent = $75 in Reward points redeemable at Lexus dealerships) [2]
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent in net purchases at Lexus dealerships (earn up to 50,000 points per transaction when you use it to purchase your next Lexus)

So if your credit line is high enough, you can use this credit card to purchase your Lexus vehicle and get as much as $50,000 x 5% = $2,500 back!! Essentially many, many miles of free maintenance!! Pretty sweet if you think about it. Now if only I had such a credit line.
Old 06-02-05, 08:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I just noticed this note in the description of how the reward points work, which was not in the PR that flip first posted:
- Earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent in net purchases made everyday - that's 50% more than most rewards cards (e.g., $5,000 spent = $75 in Reward points redeemable at Lexus dealerships) [2]
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent in net purchases at Lexus dealerships (earn up to 50,000 points per transaction when you use it to purchase your next Lexus)

So if your credit line is high enough, you can use this credit card to purchase your Lexus vehicle and get as much as $50,000 x 5% = $2,500 back!! Essentially many, many miles of free maintenance!! Pretty sweet if you think about it. Now if only I had such a credit line.
Hot damn good find

Old 06-02-05, 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by XeroK00L

spending 10k is not a problem for me, but spending 10k at lexus dealerships that's very hard.....

probably it's easier for me to do the 1.5 points for 1 buck spent
Old 06-03-05, 06:28 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by flipside909
Lexus Launches Company's First Credit Card
Offers One of the Richest Reward Programs in the Industry

04/28/2005 Torrance, CA

When you think Lexus, you picture the finest leather, rich wood grains and the ultimate in design. But the newest Lexus product to hit the roadways this summer is actually … plastic.

The first-ever Lexus credit card, branded Lexus Pursuits Visaฎ Card, will debut this summer and is aimed at rewarding existing Lexus customers and bringing new customers into the Lexus family.

"We see this card as an opportunity for Lexus to reward our valuable customers," said Bob Carter, Group Vice President and General Manager of the Lexus Division. "Like our vehicles, the Lexus Pursuits Visa Card will deliver the highest levels of quality, service and customer care, and help our owners and potential owners make the most of every moment." The card will be issued by Lexus Financial Savings Bank.

The card will feature one of the richest rewards programs in the industry:
• Allows card members to apply reward points toward up to 10% off their next new Lexus.*
• Allows card members to apply points toward parts, service and boutique items at their Lexus dealership. *
• Awards card members 5 points for every $1 of net purchases at a Lexus dealership.*
• Awards card members 1.5 points for every $1 of net purchases elsewhere.
• Offers an option to use the points towards travel for a travel rewards yearly fee.

Interested individuals can be the first to find out more information about the card by calling 888-777-5555 or visiting http://www.lexus.com/pursuits.

About Lexus and Lexus Financial Services
Lexus has become synonymous with luxury since its introduction in 1989. By offering some of the finest quality luxury vehicles and providing benchmark customer service, Lexus has become the top-selling luxury nameplate in the United States for five years in a row.

Lexus Financial Services is the finance and insurance brand for Lexus in the United States, offering retail auto financing and leasing through Toyota Motor Credit Corporation.

*Some restrictions apply. Redemption not available at Hawaii dealerships.

Credit: Lexus USA
Any idea if the Lexus credit card will be offered to Canadian customers?
Old 06-03-05, 07:48 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was accepted! I can't wait to see the card come in the mail. Thanks for the info guys!

-Anthony

Quick Reply: Lexus Launches Company's First Credit Card