Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche Panamera Official Thread (update-hybrid debuts)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-11, 03:38 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, this thing will probably get more butt lifts and tweaks than the Bangle Butt on the last 7 series, but really I expect the most styling improvement for the Pana to be next gen.
Old 04-30-11, 03:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Yep, this thing will probably get more butt lifts and tweaks than the Bangle Butt on the last 7 series, but really I expect the most styling improvement for the Pana to be next gen.
i doubt it...
Old 04-30-11, 11:42 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

does anyone know of a great website that has all the info on the Prsche Panamera?

I'm looking for a clublexus.com tyoe site for the panamera. I am considering the car and want to learn more about it and see all the different kits and stuff peopel have done to their own panameras.

thanks.
Old 05-01-11, 12:05 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ted920
does anyone know of a great website that has all the info on the Prsche Panamera?

I'm looking for a clublexus.com tyoe site for the panamera. I am considering the car and want to learn more about it and see all the different kits and stuff peopel have done to their own panameras.

thanks.
They've got a great sub-forum on 6speed. That's where I've been following it.
Old 05-01-11, 12:48 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Even the azz looks pretty decent on this one.
This one looks perfect
Old 05-01-11, 09:00 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed on 6speed which seems the most active but also Rennlist for Porsche forums and information. Car Chat remains the best though IMHO for general and informed car discussion.
Old 05-02-11, 11:24 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

CDNROCKIES & HENDJAZ:

Thanks a lot for the info.

I friggin LOVE the Panamera.

I have seen a lot of these done up by Platinum Motorpsport in Hollywood. they look ridiculous. 22s are a MUST.

Panamera is very much a hot car with the Hollywood folks.

It has a MAJOR PRESENCE in person.

T
Old 05-02-11, 12:39 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up

Agreed I'm in there too great site for Pan info...

Old 05-02-11, 08:53 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Official: Porsche launches Panamera Diesel with 745-mile range just for Europe

Official: Porsche launches Panamera Diesel with 745-mile range just for Europe

A diesel sedan from... Porsche? What has the world come to? Following in the wake of the diesel Cayenne, Stuttgart's finest is meeting demand in Europe – where an oil-burning offering is a must – with a diesel Panamera.

The four-door gets a Porsche-tuned version of Volkswagen's 3.0-liter common-rail turbo-diesel (packing variable-vane turbochargers just like the 911 Turbo), here producing 247 horsepower but a far more prodigious 406 lb-ft of torque – similar to the Cayenne diesel's output, but tuned for delivery over a wider band.

Mated to an eight-speed automatic with stop-start capability, that's enough to drive this latest Panamera variant to 62 miles per hour in 6.8 seconds. Which isn't bad for a diesel, but what Porsche is emphasizing is the car's range of 745 miles from a full tank of fuel. That's enough juice to drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco and back, blissfully whizzing by every gas station along the way.

This isn't something Porsche drivers here in North America would be accustomed to, but that's just as well, as the Panamera Diesel isn't likely to land on these shores anytime soon.

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/porsc...sel-0/#4101755

LONG DISTANCE CHAMPION: PORSCHE PANAMERA DIESEL WITH RANGE IN EXCESS OF 745 MILES

- Panamera appeal widens with introduction of Diesel variant
- Impressive efficiency without compromising sporting performance
- On sale August 2011 – priced from £62,134

On sale from August 2011, the Porsche Panamera range extends with the introduction of the new Panamera Diesel, further enhancing the model's appeal to UK customers. A luxury Gran Turismo, the Panamera Diesel is capable of taking four passengers in sporting comfort from Lands End to Loch Ness without refuelling.

Coping effortlessly with short bursts of speed and cross country touring, this long distance sporting performance is delivered by the smooth-running 3.0-litre V6 engine with a rated output of 250 hp (184 kW) achieved between 3,800 rpm and 4,400 rpm. The maximum torque of 550 Nm, available all the way from 1,750 rpm to 2,750 rpm, delivers high pulling power. It is exclusively available with rear-wheel drive and uses a highly efficient eight-speed Tiptronic S as standard. The six-cylinder turbo diesel engine powers the new Gran Turismo from 0 to 62 mph in 6.8 seconds, with a top speed of 150 mph.

The Panamera Diesel offers a highly appealing driving range of more than 745 miles on one 80-litre tank, emits 172 g/km and delivers a Combined fuel economy of 43.5mpg. With the optional lower rolling resistance tyres, efficiency improves further still, to 167 g/km and 44.8mpg on a Combined cycle.

The model's 3.0-litre V6 engine is state of the art in diesel technology: common rail direct injection through piezo valves at a pressure of 2000 bar, turbocharging employing electrically controlled variable geometry turbochargers (VGTs) and emission control achieved by controlled exhaust gas recirculation, oxidation catalyst and particle filter.

Performance, generous torque and low consumption are accompanied by smooth running, reliability and low emissions. An additional contributing factor is the auto start/stop function, which is fitted as standard. Adaptive air suspension is available as an alternative to the standard steel spring suspension, to provide an even wider range of suspension settings to extend the driving qualities further still.

Through its proportions alone, the Panamera stands out clearly in its market segment: measuring 1931mm (76.0in) in width and 1418mm (55.8in) in height, the Panamera is both wider and lower than comparable four-door models. The unmistakable, sleek GT silhouette is created by an overall length of 4970mm (195.7in) and short, sporting overhangs front and rear. This new model can be recognised by the lettering 'diesel' on the front doors.

Every Panamera, including the new Diesel model, has a high level of standard specification that includes leather interior, Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), Bi-Xenon headlights, front and rear ParkAssist, tyre pressure monitoring, automatic dimming rear view mirrors, Porsche Communication Management with touch-screen satellite navigation and audio controls, cruise control and a three year warranty.

Fitted to every Panamera is a Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS), a sophisticated vehicle security package approved to Thatcham Category 5 standard, and customers will also be able to explore the potential of their new car by participating in a complimentary course at the Porsche Experience Centre, Silverstone.

The Panamera Diesel costs £62,134 and is on sale in the UK from August 2011.
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/02/p...ance-overseas/
Old 05-02-11, 09:31 PM
LexFather

Diesel range is awesome..

Hey CDN, the new Excellence came in and the editorial is on the rare 6 speed manual Panamera S they sell in Europe... Freaking thing is only 3900 or so lbs for such a huge car!

Old 05-07-11, 10:57 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Attached Thumbnails Porsche Panamera Official Thread (update-hybrid debuts)-b15_ptt_09.jpg  
Old 05-08-11, 07:41 AM
LexFather

Those look silver, I like it with polished wheels.

Old 05-08-11, 01:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 101 Posts

anyone else bugged with this particular diesel in panamera?
Old 05-08-11, 08:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,419 Posts

car is so full of win

i'd take it with any engine.
Old 05-09-11, 06:03 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
car is so full of win

i'd take it with any engine.
I'll take one of each.

Quick Reply: Porsche Panamera Official Thread (update-hybrid debuts)