Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Axis Proposal DRAFT 1....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-04, 07:01 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if they dont sponsor you...buy a competitor's product....and a vinyl sticker on your windshield to say " NOT SUCKY AXIS WHEEL...then send them a photo and tell them you'll be on a cover of a major magazine very soon.
Old 07-07-04, 07:18 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GS4fun
Well if they dont sponsor you...buy a competitor's product....and a vinyl sticker on your windshield to say " NOT SUCKY AXIS WHEEL...then send them a photo and tell them you'll be on a cover of a major magazine very soon.
This would be hillarious.

-Ethan
Old 07-07-04, 11:42 PM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Originally posted by jpa2400
Well I think even if some of us disagree with what he wants to do, we still want to help a fellow CL member out..........
Thanks brotha...posted all of this on CL instead of .net to avoid the arrogant ****s. I guess a few still managed to find the thread.
Old 07-07-04, 11:48 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by YoNadz
Thanks brotha...posted all of this on CL instead of .net to avoid the arrogant ****s. I guess a few still managed to find the thread.
I don't think anyone is trying to be arrogant. I think we are just trying to point out that the amount of commitments you would have to make would probably be more expensive than the amount of money you would save through the sponsorship you are seeking.

-Ethan
Old 07-08-04, 11:05 AM
Nitekids
Rookie

Wow that was the worst sponcership proposal I ever seen.

Also you have many things going against you.

-midwest Location

-No inside conections

-never say sponcership in a proposal

-Did I mention what was that proposal all about?

-your car is nothing cutting edge or something that is a hot item that company would be looking for

sorry but it's simply not going happen.

Last edited by Nitekids; 07-08-04 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-08-04, 12:17 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Originally posted by Nitekids
Wow that was the worst sponcership proposal I ever seen.

Also you have many things going against you.

-midwest Location

-No inside conections

-never say sponcership in a proposal

-Did I mention what was that proposal all about?

-your car is nothing cutting edge or something that is a hot item that company would be looking for

sorry but it's simply not going happen.

WTF does it hurt to try??? Why are you even posting in this thread if your dont have anything positive to add? You dont know what the hell Axis is looking for. Do you work there?

Why are people getting upset or making jokes about him trying? It not your time he taking. I guess there will always be naysayers. It amazes me that anything ever gets done with all the negativity out there. Any amount of money that can be saved is extra money to spend on some other mod

Stay positive and keeep the peace people.
Old 07-08-04, 12:30 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All people are saying is that time is money. Is it worth the time you HAVE to invest to get these wheels?

Lets say over 12 months you will need to spend an extra 40 hours promoting AXIS. Going to shows you don't want to, and you must meet your agreement so your going to have to go, plus whatever else they want you to do in return for the wheels.

So lets say it takes you an extra 40 hours of time to market that brand for them, that's about $32.50 an hour.

a. My time is worth more then 32 an hour

b. More importantly my free time is worth way more then 32 an hour!

If it's stuff you can do while your doing something else you had to do OK. If it takes away from free time, it simply isn't worth it really.
Old 07-09-04, 02:20 PM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Well, I give up on the sponsership for now. I ended up finding a SUPER deal on the Milanos that I can't pass up. Ended up getting them for $1250 and tires for $550 shipped. Should have them by next w/e. Will post pics once I get them on! Thanks again for all the input!
Old 07-09-04, 02:34 PM
nk1983
Lead Lap

Hey man glad to see you found wheels!... sorry your giving up on sponsership your car is beautiful and well capable of getting one...shake off the haters man.. most of em still have bikes with training wheels..
Old 07-09-04, 06:52 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by jpa2400
All people are saying is that time is money. Is it worth the time you HAVE to invest to get these wheels?

Lets say over 12 months you will need to spend an extra 40 hours promoting AXIS. Going to shows you don't want to, and you must meet your agreement so your going to have to go, plus whatever else they want you to do in return for the wheels.

So lets say it takes you an extra 40 hours of time to market that brand for them, that's about $32.50 an hour.

a. My time is worth more then 32 an hour

b. More importantly my free time is worth way more then 32 an hour!

If it's stuff you can do while your doing something else you had to do OK. If it takes away from free time, it simply isn't worth it really.
i agree....sponsorship = slavery

Being supported by a sponsor makes me a slave...sorry this is a free country..no one is going to tell me what stickers i can or can't put on my car...
Old 07-10-04, 01:56 AM
lexracer
Driver School Candidate

aight ur proposal is not bad
now take it from i tried to get sponserd by axis a few times , they are lookin for yellow is300s now or EXTREMLY modded cars
u should post more on what u would do for them, what shows u have done and WILL DO
what reason do u give them to sponser u , u kno wat i mean?
but u can try other companys ur car more then qualifys i think

good luck to u bro