Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

gt40 *VID* by our favorite critic

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 10:15 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Might need to research "Lexus" a bit more. it IS a toyota, lift the hood and count how many hundreds of times you see toyota printed under there. Lexus was designed specifically to be the high end model of toyota, made by toyota. every part onthe car is manufactured by toyota, all the plates on the car say toyota, if you go to get parts....... you gotta go to toyota.

There is nothing wrong with toyota at all, it's what you drive. for a history lesson on toyota, i'll refer to this cut and paste of a conversation i was having on another forum. below is what i wrote:

Toyota bursted onto the scene in the early 90's with the Lexus line and took America by storm with never before seen innovation. V-8's and transmissions that last 400,000 + miles with no major service, timeless styling, and super plush interiors.

Toyota has waited for a decade for everyone to catch up to them. It's about time the competition finally even the playing field.
Toyota took it a step further and decided with all the good things going for them, they would add a luxury line. Lexus of course. Noone in the industry has ever made such a dramatic jump so succesfully.
"LEXUS" is Luxury EXport to the US by Toyota manufacturing corp.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 10-29-03 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 12:17 AM
NRG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

once again.. i think i said this in many other post..
our car is a toyota
the only reason "America" created 2 markets of cars from the same market is because of high and low class qualities. This is america, people are either poor or rich. It's just the balance of things.
That is why they have Toyota and lexus, Honda and Acura, then their's Nissan and Infinite..
In other area, a car is just a car, they keep their name originial. No point in changing the class of cars by high quality and low quality.. This says so much how america is.. =\

pretty sad huh?
Old 10-30-03, 09:18 AM
jet864
Lexus Champion

I think you guys misunderstood what I was trying to say, so I'll try again.

I said nowhere that it was a bad thing to drive a Toyota. They are the most reliable cars, hold their values better than others, and are ver high quality cars overall. I, however, don't believe it is fair to call Lexus Toyota. For over 10 years Toyota took a risk and made a luxury extension for the US, putting their reputation at risk. If Lexus were to fail, Toyota would be tarnished forever, with many remembering that one failure over their more numerous successes. This, however, is not what happened. Lexus worked hard and made a name for themselves in the largest car market in the world. They are now the most dependable luxury company in the US and I take a lot of pride in owning one. When people say we simply drive a Toyota, I feel like they are making a dumb statement because it is not a derogatory term, and they are the stupid looking ones because there is nothing wrong with a Toyota. Maybe if I said our cars aren't JUST Toyota's it would have made more sense. Our cars are Toyota's made over to be luxurious and top of the line, better than anything else.

So now that I got that outta the way, whadya guys think about that Ford GT?

James
Old 10-30-03, 04:42 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ford GT40 Video (7:38)

Very cool. The new Mustang should be awesome.

http://homepage.mac.com/fluffy/.Public/TopGear_GT40.wmv
Old 10-30-03, 05:13 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

repost...