Canada For events in Canada.

WARNING: Do not go to Erin park Lexus for service

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-14, 07:13 AM
jchong
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pheonix72
I think you should edit your post and give the dealership some positive feedback. Sure, they damaged the windshield (which sometime just happened) but what more important is how they deal with the situation afterward.
I agree. They made a mistake but they are fixing it.
Old 02-27-14, 05:17 AM
ray1202
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jchong
I agree. They made a mistake but they are fixing it.
Been over a week now. Still haven't hear from them....
Old 03-06-14, 06:18 AM
ray1202
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ray1202
Been over a week now. Still haven't hear from them....
Awesome. After 2 freaking weeks and non-stop calling. They finally got the confirmation that the part is in shop. My girlfriend in there right now. And they manage to flip the whole story around saying it is not their mistake. It is cause by stone. Even tho their technician had already confirmed earlier saying it was cause by the wiper.

This is causing a lot more trouble than it should be.

Last edited by ray1202; 03-06-14 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-10-14, 02:37 PM
turd2014
Driver School Candidate

Default People that live in glass houses...

...shouldn't throw stones!!!

Ray1202,

Your post intrigued me.

You seem to VERY angry over a simple mistake.
The world I live in people make mistakes. PERIOD. It's how they address those mistakes that either gains my respect and admiration, or loos my business for life.

You on the other hand, are overly angry of the situation.
The Dealership contacted you, ordered you brand new glass for your windsheild, organized a date, arranged and paid for the installation of the windsheild. Your only loss is your time.
(who wouldn't like a shiny BRAND NEW windsheild in their 4 or 5 year old car)

Now your initial anger I can understand, but you go further to estmate that their service must be horrible because a Tech made a simple mistake.
My question is, how do you know the service is horrible if you only "service" at this shop called Rick, or DVP? What would you do if Rick or DVP made a similar mistake?
You'd have to service your car yourself!

I'm not really looking for an answer, as I can already see from your previous posts the type of individual you are. And I'm also sure you will say "Rick and DVP would NEVER make a mistake", and this is not worth arguing about. Nor is it my point.

Your previous posts state your girlfriend had an accident and 'completely destroyed my car'.
Now, I don't know your girlfriend, but I'll bet you she didn't do it on purpose...RIGHT???

That would mean...yes...say it...
IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!

She probably appologized, and things moved on.
I can safely assume you're still not agnry at her for that. So why in the world are you soooo angry at this Erin Lexus place?

Something doesn't add up here.
Maybe you have a vested interest in Rick 's Auto, or DVP.

For everyone else who reads my post, please post your feedback to my comments.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-14, 12:55 PM
ray1202
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by turd2014
...shouldn't throw stones!!!

Ray1202,

Your post intrigued me.

You seem to VERY angry over a simple mistake.
The world I live in people make mistakes. PERIOD. It's how they address those mistakes that either gains my respect and admiration, or loos my business for life...............
If you read my previous post carefully, you would see that i was not angry about the broken windshield, mistake happen i get it, but i was angry about the fact they they tried to deny responsibility and said the crack was cause by a stone chip and blame it on me.

On the very day i noticed the crack, i went back to the dealership to inform them about the issue. Paul (the technician) was very helpful, he confirmed the crack was cause by the wiper hitting the windshield. He checked with the technician who perform the service and confirmed that the cracked wasn't there prior to the service. And their service manager also called the following week and admitted it was their mistake.

Also, the spider crack (start of the crack) was located at the area that blocked by the wiper, there is no way that it was cause by a stone chip, unless it was a magical stone somehow manage to bypass the wiper, avoid bouncing off the hood and hit the windshield directly.

I just don't understand how can a well establish dealership/service center confirm one thing, then manage to flip it around, blame me for their mistake and make me sound like a liar. The only logical explanation i can think of is they trying to blame it on me and make me pay for the repair, in other words, scam me.

If they were able to prove that the crack was cause by stone chip, not during the service, and explain to me how the magical stone bypass the wiper and hit the windshield then I am more than happy to cover all the cost and fix it myself. but trying to blame it on me after their technicians and service manager confirmed it was their mistake? that's pissed me off.

When my girlfriend had an accident, she didn't deny responsibility or blame it on some one, she apologize and get the car fixed. When DVP Lexus screwed up my smart key and tires sensors, they took responsibility and tried to get it fix, when they couldn't, they involved Lexus head office to replace the whole set of smart key. That's what i would except from Erin Mill Lexus, not denying it and try to blame it on others. I bet if it wasn't for the previous post i made, they would keep on denying it and make me pay for the repair (just me assuming).

I don't know what's your relationship with Erin Park Lexus, maybe you know someone who work there, maybe yourself work there, or maybe it is your shop, i am not sure, but if you are like me just a regular customer, i would not recommend you to go to a dealership that you can't rely on their words, or if you have to go back for whatever reason, make them write everything down on paper and get a signed copy of it, no phone call nor verbal agreement. Just my personal opinion.
Old 03-21-14, 12:33 PM
PearlFocal
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my bolt fixed and the cargo thing fixed in Lexus Erindale. No problems so far. 1 week in.