Canada For events in Canada.

GS430 04 was in accident and have some question for canadians in lower fraser valley

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-13, 10:06 AM
rena
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS430 04 was in accident and have some question for canadians in lower fraser valley

I had front end damage from the accident. Guy is at fault. The pics are posted in GS 2cd generation. I have a black on black 2004 GS430 with all the perks (navi included). Car had recent paint job done a few months back at the shop. BUT it has about 240,000 kms on it.

The damage is about 7200 and a mechanic is coming to look at the engine as the engine light is on as its throwing codes. The autobody shop said this can happen as its an electronic car for the most part and things can go wrong. I am looking at getting it written off as I dont think I would be able to get 15,000 for it. Im thinking i should get lexus or toyota to look at it as they are actual mechanics. Can I do that and get ICBC to pay for it? Im getting a regular mechanic to come and look at it but these cars are rare so I dont want some sluff coming out and thinking they know what the issue is when its not and I have issues down the road...I have heard of these things happening.

ICBC has approved to get the damage fixed but they have done that before with my other car and it was written off. I want to get it written off as I know I wont be able to sell it now with this economy.
So
What do you think the value of my car is.
And do you think lexus or toyota would know more about my car
And will iCBC pay for it if i go get toyota or lexus mechanic to come out and check it out...
Old 10-02-13, 06:17 PM
alSpeed2k
Driver

Blackbook value for your car is less than $15,000, so I don't know if ICBC would give you that much. http://www.canadianblackbook.com/

Codes could be anything, maybe a hose came off b/c of the accident, in which case it would be cheap to fix. Someone needs to pull the code and you could go from there. No point getting Toyota or Lexus involved. If that were the case I doubt ICBC would write-off the vehicle since they could fix it for much cheaper.

Anyway, pull the code and if it's something major, talk to ICBC and see what they say.
Old 10-03-13, 10:45 AM
rena
Driver

Mechanic looked at it today and its the catylic convertor. The autobody shop called and told me they had it looked at this morning. He said there is a piece that could have gotten knocked off inside as it was hit hard but its hard to prove. I of course would not want the car back either way unless that was fixed as it was fine before and now its running rough. We look after that car and just recently got new brakes and new discs as well on it. It has a brand new paint job too. I had it listed on craigs list for 19,000 a few months ago.
15,000?? Thats crazy but i would take it at this point as i cannot sell a vehicle with about 8,000 in damage. That is half of what its worth.
Im looking into getting an IS250 Lexus 06 or 07. Smaller cheaper on gas.
Old 10-04-13, 12:14 AM
alSpeed2k
Driver

Cat should be an easy fix, maybe the O2 sensor came off. GL & let us know how it turns out.
Old 10-06-13, 12:15 AM
rena
Driver

Default no

Looks like it may be the catylic convertor. Thats the code its throwing. Im looking into getting it written off and maybe having another lexus shipped from across province. The black book is no good with my car as its rare black on black navi etc with all the perks. Its not base.
Old 10-09-13, 08:08 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What did ICBC say in the end? $8k in damage and theyre not writing it off? Seems a tad high to me..
Old 10-09-13, 08:47 PM
rena
Driver

The write off is at 9,000. So i wouldnt accept them not fixing the catylic as it was fine before so they can flick away on that. So it would be at 8200. Thats close enough for a write off. The estimator rambled some insanity so its been moved to her supervisor. Its just a stepping stairs of who i talk to next at this point.