Viper Auto-Start Installation at Audio Heaven

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-12, 09:44 PM
elvisNGO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Auto-Start Installation at Audio Heaven

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if any of you got an auto-starter installed at Audio Heaven for the is250. I have the 2006 AWD model and a few of my friends decided to pitch in for my birthday and get me the Viper 5702 + installation from that shop.

The concern that I have deals with them doing a proper installation. I've read that some people have had auto-starters where they would start the car and have to restart it upon putting their foot on the brake, whereas the proper way is to have it be ready to go once you press on the brake.

Has anybody got any type of auto-starter installed there? If so, was the installation done properly?
Old 07-08-12, 11:40 PM
elvisNGO
Driver School Candidate

Well since nobody replied I'll just give everybody a review of my experience with them.

I made my appointment and what not and was told that due to the car being push to start, that it'll take an extra hour/hour and a half to do the installation. I dropped my car off at 11am last wednesday and was told to come back around 5-6pm and it'll be done by then.

Around 5:30 I get a call from the store manager asking me if I could leave the car overnight because they had a mixup, thinking that my car was 2010 and not 2006. This was kind of ridiculous to me because they had three opportunities to write down what year my car was (date of purchase, date the appointment was made and right when I dropped off my car). So I decided to leave it overnight because I would rather have them take their time to work on it than for them to rush it to be done for the same day.

The next day I call them to ask if I can come in, the store manager told me that it'll take about another hour or so to be finished. This was at noon when I called. When I go to actually pick it up, everything seemed fine. However, when I talked to the guy who actually did the work on my car, he told me that it took them until 7:30pm last night to actually finish. This confused me because this meant that A) I wouldn't have had to leave it over night and B) why would he tell me that it would need an extra hour?

As I drove home I noticed that when I reversed, my side mirrors did not go down. I tried moving them and they still did not budge. So I called them back while I was on the road and the store manager told me "that's strange, because we did not touch them". Regardless he told me to come in and get it checked. The guy who worked on my car took a look at it quickly and told me that it was totally his fault and he didn't push the pin in all the way.

The next night I noticed that the LED on my control unit kept blinking. I didn't notice this during the day because of the sun light. I tried to look online at what the issue could possibly be, but overall the root cause seemed to just had to do with wiring. Once again I had to make a trip over to their shop to get it fixed. Mind you I live around 40 minutes away. Having to drive back three times was quite annoying at this point.

So once I got there they took a look at my car and the guy who did the installation took a look at it. He told me that he left the system accidentally in diagnostic mode which is something that only the shops have access to. He once again apologized and I double checked to see if everything was working.

Overall, the system works perfectly fine now. The entire process however dragged out longer than I expected to due to what I feel like laziness on their part.

---------------------------

CLIFF NOTES:
- left my car overnight because they mixed up the year of my car
- drive back because they did not properly reconnect the wire for my side mirrors
- go back again because they left the car in "diagnostic mode" where the LED of the control unit would keep flashing even while driving.
Old 10-15-12, 04:34 PM
IS250V
Driver School Candidate

at least you got it fix , my installer is an A.O , now everytime i start my car the front side marker came on