Canada For events in Canada.

Toronto: Beware of CarTech Autobody!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-09, 06:30 PM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toronto: Beware of CarTech Autobody!

Hi Everyone,

I recently brought in my rear lip to be painted and installed. So after the paint came the install. I went to pick up the car and i found gaps around the back corners of the car and even some gaps at the back. I asked him why this is and he said that the car plastic aged and is kinda "warped".

I asked the CL community, found here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...ml#post4910343

Then I decided to bring it back. I called him before and he was just another person. He was hasty and rude and told me there was no way it can be done and that he tried his best. He also told me to try another shop if I don't believe him and that if i wanted it reinstalled again I have to pay him labour again. WTF. Saying "why others can understand and why I can't" to which I answered "Hey buddy, what's your problem?" Needless to say, I am not going back there. I've already found another shop to do the job. They inspected my lip and said there is no way a factory lexus part brand new can fit this poorly. Also, they said though the plastic warping theory is possible, this wouldn't be the case for a 4 year old Lexus.

The info is here about that crappy shop:

Eddie Chan
Cartech Autobody
12 Heritage Road (east of mccowan across from markville mall)
905-294-3366
http://www.cartechautobody.ca/

Beware going to him! If everything goes well, then you are ok. He is generally nice. But if something screws up, everything falls apart.

The other shop I found is a shop where my buddy's friend's car was modded and he won 3rd place at Toronto Importfest. The place is called KC Auto Services: http://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/markh...s/2930695.html

They are much more professional and nice and their shop is much much bigger (they seem well established). They even told me they might seem more expensive than other jobs and this is because they ensure their own work is quality. They broke down what they were going to do to fix my lip and ensured that it will fit. But of course, I'm going to have to see the results first to give a goof review.

Anyways just wanted to let everyone in Toronto know about them. Hope people have more pleasant experiences with shops than I have.

-Vince
Old 10-09-09, 07:53 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

got pics of the part
Old 10-16-09, 12:46 PM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

go to ms auto, they are the best bodyshop around that area, but they are very expensive.
Old 10-17-09, 08:42 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences w1ck3d64. It sounds like you got pretty crappy service.

I got my rear bumper repainted by Eddie at CarTech when some nice person hit my car and took off earlier this year. The job turned out pretty good and the price was right. I went there upon the recommendation of people here on CL. I guess just like anything, different people will have different experiences... Hopefully the new shop fixes everything up for you.
Old 11-03-09, 10:46 PM
Hybrid-JD
Rookie

Default ms auto

ms auto collision is definitely the best in that area.. if not in toronto. I got my front lip on ls430 done by tom @ ms. fantastic job with quick service.. matched the car perfectly!

Originally Posted by rule1223
go to ms auto, they are the best bodyshop around that area, but they are very expensive.